Main Menu

Non aggressive pet

Started by Taiglin, May 25, 2006, 12:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

On a very sporadic and generally uncommon basis there are times when it seems my wee warder isn't very aggressive. I typically will let her automatically engage a mob after it has hit me. What I am talking about here are times when it seems she is not hitting often, not double attacking (+), flurry, etc. In my battle spam window I see a single hit followed by another single hit a while later etc. What makes that odd is I am used to seeing anywhere from 1 to 4 pet hit + at least a flurry line message in her combat round (saying that right?) before the last one scrolls of my combat spam window (probably ~15 lines). After making sure growl is up I can "fix" this by hitting pet attack and she starts to go bonkers again. In the interest of full discloser I should mention I have pet misses filtered out so part of this could be I am not seeing that quad attack of misses etc. Have played around a bit when this has happened though and she can go from the slow one hits to full bore quads, flurry, etc on the same mob after me hitting pet attack. This also is separate from the Iksar freeze animation.

Anyway, hopefully that makes some sense. Has anyone seem something similar to this? If it wasn't for the fact that I can "fix" it I would chalk a good bit of it up to the RNG.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Pakratz

not sure if this is the same thing, but I was doing some testing vs. Katta Banker last week and on 4 separate occasions I noticed my warder stop attacking for no reason.  He would have sat there indefinitely if i didnt hit /pet attack again. Each time was after about 10 minutes of constant attacking.  Very wierd.  Messed up my parsing too (until I added /pet attack line to the macro key i was using).

hakaaba

pet has always done that.  If no aggro is generated for 10 minutes it drops the target from its aggro list.  This is probably a general npc behavior.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))