Main Menu

Widdlethorpe Gemfinder (the search for coral)

Started by Skullet Crossbones, November 03, 2005, 01:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullet Crossbones

I was curious if anyone here had tried the Search for Coral quest located here http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3220 out of stone root? Me and my guildies been trying it and can get to the Priests but get stuck there. We have tried keeping each wave of mobs mezzed and off tanking the main Priest and killing the waves but the enchanter ended up dieing.

My idea next time is to mezz what we can with an AOE mezz and burn the boss down as fast as we can and hope that his buddies de-spawn when he dies....  :? Anyone know if this is the trick as my guildies are starting to get tired of the deaths  :-D

Thanks for any information or suggestions!

Elder Skullet Crossbones
Skullet's Magelo

Sklak

Won this on first try last weekend, easier if your chanter has the new DoD mez, not knowing anything about final fight in advance, our chanter unfortunately didn't have it mezzed...

First, to answer your question, his buddies don't despawn when named priest dies.  Think we had a total of 3 or 4 waves, of 4-5 mobs each wave spawned (sorry, was a bit busy boxing the fight as main slower beast / main cleric healer, wasn't counting how many were there...), anyway roughly 12-15 mobs up at end of boss kill.

Advice:  AoE mez may work, if you don't have the new DoD mez available, but you'll likely lose the chanter by the end using AoE mezzes.  But 10 of those light-hitting mobs is nothing on a tank (they only seemed to double mostly in the 100's, 10 of them adding up to slightly less than 1 MPG mob in damage output I'd guess).  If have a knight that can get aggro on the group of mobs, can just offtank most of em.  Main issue is keep aggro off the cleric, helps if you get all the adds slowed, (and cleric was using HoT's as much as possible to minimize aggro, though still had to fast heal the MT a bit).

Will ask our chanter tomorrow what exactly he was doing during the fight -- had 2 mobs beating on box cleric intermittantly most of the fight, but never more than 2, interrupted 1 CH, but wasn't an issue from damage perspective.  Most of the adds were beating on pally MT (pally aggro from using group heal) or on my beast (from slows), some must have been locked down from mezzes, but chanter almost never got hit, didn't have to heal him at all.