Main Menu

Frame rate problems in OoW and DoN

Started by Hinthi, March 24, 2005, 07:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinthi

I am running the following setup, in instanced LavaSpinners and The Bloodfields one of the accounts drops to about 0.5 fps.

CPU: AMD 2800
RAM: 1gig
Video: MSI FX5700LE-TD128
With 2 hard drives, EQ on each drive with the drives on different channels.

I have had no problems even doing some mini raids but with those two zones one account basically freezes up.  Is anyone else having this problem and do you have any suggestions on resolving it?

Thanks
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

kobe008

I only have a problem in Stillmoon Temple.  One of my characters is unplayable unless I leave him in a corner looking at the wall.  Any other zone is fine though.  Must be a game problem since it's only this one zone.

Oiingo

I have found the same to be true as the previous poster in that I have no issues in DoN zones other than Stillmoon.  Fix, please!
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Dakat

Nvidia Cards dont like the new zones when boxing on the same computer. I have to change advance settings inside game. IE.. 1x pixel, 2x pixel, and the last one (name eludes me) otherwise I'll get severe lag or worse a lock-up.

If you don't know these settings here is how you get to them,

Open options window.

Click the Tab to "Display" section.

If you have never used the advanced options before this is new to you.

Stretch the actual window that is displayed. Mainly just use your mouse select the bottom of the Options screen and pull it down, until you see a button marked "advanced".

Another window pops up with "Water detail" the ones I mentioned above, then 2 slider bars. The bars on the bottom show NPC and PC near/far. You can adjust these to your liking.

I had to fiddle around with the 1x, 2x, and the last one I mentioned before, to get my computer to not lock-up, lag when I 2 to 4 boxed on the same computer. The top 2 I have turned off completely since it's not really needed when I am 2+ boxing. If I was only 1 account playing then they all would be on.