Main Menu

Started a BL on FV - what armor for 300pp?

Started by Malleable, January 02, 2004, 02:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malleable

I just returned to EQ after a couple yrs and started a BL on FV.

A nice guy gave me a nice 1hb weapon (froglok club thing) and gave me some cash.

I have almost 300pp.  Any recommendations on a decent full set of armor I can get with this?

I am working on the beastlord newbie armor now, so if it is good enough to last me a while, I guess I could keep saving until it needs to be upgraded.

Also, while Im posting, how do I appeal a screwed up quest?  I gave the BL GM the carapace and three spiderling silks and I get the message that he wants "blah, blah, blah".  I gave him what he asked for, but I got nothing.  I forget how appealing and reporting bugs works.

Thanks,
Mal

Gaoler Loudbottom

Fallen Froglok's Scepter? Good weapon for your level. First thing I'd get are some Polished Steel Ulaks. Work on your newbie armor quests (I advise going to Luclin and work on their Ghulam and Ruthless armor). Spend the rest on HP gear. Goranga Idol, Chipped Velium Amulet are cheap upgrades but with solid HP bonuses.
Gaoler Loudbottom - Firiona Vie

Malleable

Thanks Gaoler,

Was looking up info on the newbie stuff just a sec ago.  Organizing rebirth, ghulam and patriarch items I want.  Decent stuff.

Thanks for the advice on items to get.  Ill look them up on the bazaar when I log in.

Mal

Eatbugs

When you have your newbie armor, start looking for Wu's (or even Acrylia studded/reinforced) in the other slots.  A lot of pieces can be had very, very cheaply, as people using those for tailoring skillups tend to dump them on the bazaar market for whatever they can get.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

EkubanFV

Luckily on FV, since there aren't any low level twink alts, newbie/lowbie armor is reasonably priced.  For 300, I'd pick up some PSUs and patch together some Lumberjack's Cap/Lockjaw Vest level stuff.  You should be able to buy decent enough stuff to get you to mid 20s/30 before you have to start going hard to upgrades.
Koobie Hammerfist
Savage Lord of the Prime Nightmare
Firiona Vie Server

Karthum

If you on FV, /join legacy.  It the channel for the all Beastlord guild.  Ask for an officer, and get an invite into the guild.

If you already have, kindly disregard this note, lol.  With the holiday and family, I haven't been in game for 2 weeks!

-K
Karhtum Whitestripes // Vah Shir Beastlord // Firiona Vie Server // Magelo //
Eyeama Silkentouch// High Elf Cleric // Magelo //

EkubanFV

/brief Hijack on

Hey Karthum,

Just out of curiousity, is that channel restriced to BSTs in the guild, or is it a more general BST chat?  If its the latter, I may pop in and say Hi :)

/hijack off
Koobie Hammerfist
Savage Lord of the Prime Nightmare
Firiona Vie Server

Malleable

Karthum

Quote from: EkubanFV/brief Hijack on

Hey Karthum,

Just out of curiousity, is that channel restriced to BSTs in the guild, or is it a more general BST chat?  If its the latter, I may pop in and say Hi :)

/hijack off

Nope, all are welcome to join /legacy.  See you there! :)

-K

ps: Sorry for delay, loooong weekend, lol!
Karhtum Whitestripes // Vah Shir Beastlord // Firiona Vie Server // Magelo //
Eyeama Silkentouch// High Elf Cleric // Magelo //