Main Menu

Running out of things to buy

Started by Hrann, January 02, 2004, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxdowne Draggout

I feel your pain.

The bazaar upgardes are 150k plus and then you get items like this one dangled in front of you to make you think how much of a timesink the 8th shawl is:

Flowing Moss Mantle
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP  
Slot: SHOULDERS  
AC: 25
DEX: +18  STA: +20  WIS: +12  INT: +12  
AGI: +18  HP: +135  MANA: +125  SV FIRE: +20  
SV MAGIC: +20  
Required level of 65.
Effect: Haste (Worn) 41%
WT:  2.0    Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, type 7: emptyDone

I missed that by the skin of my teeth the other night.

/sigh

Nox

Juvaris

Just off looking at ur Magelo, id suggest the Following:

Finger: War Creasted Ring
Hands: Gloves of the Khati Sha would be a solid upgrade
Face: Faceguard of Frozen Mana
Finger2: Valorum Ring of Gallentry (Im a firm believer that its better then Slime Ring)
Primary: Maybe look into doing some Hard Takish Ldons or save up alot and get Golden Wraps of the compact
Secondary: Look at doin ur epic, you can solo a lot of it and if not you need 1 group max and 4 hrs if ur lucky with spawns)
Back: Lodi Shield if you decide to do your epic
Waist: Belt of Grey Flesh from MM ldon
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox

Dysz

another point which im not sure has been mentioned

if you get the shawl, then you can get incense burner since the focus on 8th is better than ee4, if i recall correctly.  just save the shield of valor for pet focus.
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

EkubanFV

Well, I'd look into some of the 760 armor from MM (or, if you can find enough people to hunt with you, the good stuff from Guk).  It's good bang-for-the-points gear and not only will it be upgrades to a lot of your gear, but you'll have access to all the LDoN-armor-only augment slots.
Koobie Hammerfist
Savage Lord of the Prime Nightmare
Firiona Vie Server

Atropine_BB

From what I see there are some easy upgrades for you... depending on how much money you have to spend.

I would change your gloves to Pristine Jeweled Gloves.

Upgrade a couple slots with Stonehide gear... such as Stonehide Sleeves and Stonehide Tunic.

Switch one of your bracers to a Bracer of Viscous Ooze.

Upgrade your helmet to a Crown of Narandi.

Put your WLK in your primary hand, then get Spiked Knuckles of Brawling for your offhand.  Toss a proc augment on it, and that combo will definitely increase your melee dps, as well as boosting your hps a bit.

Get a Face Mask of Frozen Mana to replace your face slot.

And finally, replace your neck slot with a Black Plated Collar.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Animist

a good alternative to the ID4 items suggested is the focus rod from PoStorm.

war crested ring and fire pottery is ID4, while the PoS rod is Anger of E`ci.

if u nuke alot, and if GoD does not give us new resist base nuke, i would suggest the rod instead of the ring/burner. my reason:
- ring slot u can easily find better ones (i dont like war crested ring because of its low hp  :x  chardok ring2 has 85hp, and even coldain ring9 has 50hp+8pt DS. or the droga quest ring u listed about - mind u hoodlum item drop is super rare!  :shock: ).
- the burner is great if u are in needs of the stats, but on DRo it is just too damn expensive  :wink:

since u have mentioned the droga quests, here is my advice:
buy the hoodlum items! theyare damn rare  :(  if u decide to camp them, they drop relatively more common at the old chief room.
on the other hand, the blade that is used in earring is not that rare. u just need to camp jail room, there are a lots of deprecetors there.

hope this help
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Man0warr

Is there an Anger of Ec'i aug in Everfrost? If so that boosts cold nukes only, which is all we have, i to use ceramic shield/summoners boon so i wouldnt go the Rod route, too much switching, get a warcrested ring, i love mine
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Tommba

http://www.magelo.com/eq_item_info.html?num=62346">Amusing Bauble

It has "slightly" better combat stats than the CSoV and you could interchange them when buffing. I had this drop off a named bee (BIG bee!!) in POMishief. He's a named that spawns right in front of the castle, we were there for awhile and had him spawn twice in a short period of time, he droped this both times. The group was 58 rogue, warrior, druid and bst (me) and a 65 cleric. I'm sure you could solo this guy at 65 and if you're careful you can take him at his spawn poiint, quick 10min job.  :D
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Hrann

Great ideas here.  I will probably look at getting a War Crested Ring, unless I get lucky with the hoodlum drops (i did actually get one this weekend, but no blades).

I'm hesitant to get any regular armor upgrades because I am getting closer to the mucus stuff now.  However, if I get the money for a Crown of Narandi, it would be hard ot pass up.

The epic would be a dps downgrade for me, so I think I'll skip that.  I think my weapon upgrade path is pretty clear, since I am only 5 Ruj Hills fights from the Slave's Hidden Orb.

So, for now, other than my LDoN work, I will concentrate on the ring slot and the face slot (many of the suggestions here sound good - I might do the ID3 face one if I don't get the ring, otherwise I'll see if the Rotting EYe Mask is obtainable).  Also, I may start the coldain shawl quest... /shudder.

Tenal

I would also consider getting the 760 point Immortal's MMC armor over the 1492 point Mucus GUK Armor.  The increase's for the Guk do not warrant the 700 plus points increase per piece.  If the Mucus Tunic  still had the type 2, 2, 3 for slots then that would be worthwhile possibly.

Immortal Tunic
AC28 str10 Dex9 Wis8 HP75 Mana75 FR9 DR9 MR9
Type 1, 2, 3

Mucus Tunic
AC30 Sta13 Cha11 Wis10 Hp100 Mana100 FR12 DR12 PR12
Type 1, 2, 3

Like suggested I would get the epic for offhand.  The haste, hps and stats alone make it worthwhile.  Until you get Ambidexterity, any decrease in DPS by using Epic off hand wont make the difference between a win or a loss in most any situation.  The 125hps plus the haste alone make it worth getting as you could replace your current haste item with a better stat/HP/mana item than a cocw.  The Slaves orb with Epic would be a Killer combo till you get fortunate enough to get say a Golden Wraps of the Compact or Spiked Knuckles of Brawling with a new haste item, possibly the 36% haste Augment for 1150 pts.

(Off topic)
I solo a lot and Duo sometimes and find myself always having plenty of Mana, though sometimes wish I had more HP/ Regen.  As a point for DPS, I still use Epic offhand and have no problems Duoing with a cleric in PoEarth or Fire and solo most other places no problem. (the cleric just has Velious quest armor)  Though have not tried either since I got Ambidex.
(end off topic)

LDON Augs -  REGEN till it is maxxed out.  Vengeance Till maxxed out,  I would not even consider any FT items till regen and veng maxxed.

LDON Hard Adventures - the potential for very nice drops as well as almost double the points per adventure make this a viable upgrade path.  Each Theme has some things which would be incredible for the beastlord in general. Whether your the casual or the hardcore player.  Lots of groups are Always looking for a slower and thats great for us even if we just land partial slows.
Tenal Predator
[/url]

Hrann

Tenal, I have to disagree with most of your post.

While I once also thought the guk stuff was not enough of an upgrade to warrant the extra points, I have changd my mind.  I'm already nearing the end of my achievable upgrades - once I got the MMC stuff I am sure I would just end up saving for the guk stuff, so what would be the point?

Your point about hps while soloing makes no sense.  Hps have absolutely no use when soloing.  It is all about the regen.  Mana regen is far more useful - what would you rather have on you, Regrowth or KEI?  I am always running low on mana, never on hps.

Vengeance is good, but 5 atk vs. FT1 is very debatable.  HP Regen vs. FT is just silly IMO.

And I would never ever use an epic over a WLK offhand.  (Well, unless I didn't have the haste I have).

Basically, you are looking at it as if HPs are the be all end all of the game.  If you are a raider, and your guild has plenty of dps, then maybe this is true.  However in my case, as I said before, I solo extensively.  Therefore, while hps are nice to have for me, they do not trump dps or mana regen.

Soriab

Dont take this as me trying to recruit you but if you want better the only way is to get into a Rotation Guild

Triton
Blades of Law
Rising Ascension
Forces Unknown
Inverse Logic
Lore Keepers
Utopian
Stoic
Dark Legion
Firestormers
Capalus

I am missing one or two in there some where I think but oh well. If I missed them they arent on rotation and not really worth me tracking what they are doing.

Hrann

I do have the option of going to a few of those guilds Soriab, but you know Twists of Fate is the best and I could never leave them ;)  Besides Kailihn collects beastlords, we all end up there eventually anyway (10 out of 54 of our active members are beasts lol).

I am not ready to be in the position of going on and having to raid, even though I don't want to.  Besides we raid once in a while - maybe one day we will be strong enough to progress a little further.  As long as I'm having fun I'm willing to wait.

www.twistsoffate.org

Soriab

Hmm I know we dont require you to raid but the more you raid the more you get is the rule of thumb.

Tenal

to each their own for what they wish to achieve,  HPS not the End all, but they help and HP regen helps much as well.   As everyone plays different they need or want different items to get there.  Mana Regen is nice but would be secondary to my being able to regen my hps or have my stats maxxed out. Solo or otherwise.  Heck, if I get hit or my hps get low enough... let warder take over while I regen and heal a couple times.  

Remember,  there are many Many paths to choose, whichever one you choose or think is best might not be best, nor the paths which others show you when asked....  More than one path can be the correct one...  that which offers most enjoyment for you and your playstyle is it...

Good luck with whatever you deem is your style.
Tenal Predator
[/url]