Main Menu

What is a better off hand weapon? Khasheks or GIU.

Started by Tarkos, January 04, 2004, 05:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkos

I am a lvl 60 BL currently.  I  am using a WLK in main hand and just acquired a Kasheks.  I have used the WLK/GIU combo since lvl 50 and am real happy with the results...was just wondering if the Khasheks would be an upgrade.  Any links to parses comparing the two would be great.
Tarkos Kerrath
65th Level Beastlord of Morell Thule

larzzus

I can't give advice regarding the K but I borrowed a GIU the other day for a few days.  The best thing about this is the stats +hp is great.

After I handed it back I was floundering and wondering what I could use as an upgrade.  As it happened I had just finished a LDoN and had a look at what I could buy.  Well, I spent 220 points and got the 'forgotten mummy wraps' from the tak camp as I had excess points spare from other camp wins even though my total points at tak was something like 360 at the time.

Forgotten Mummy Wraps
Type:H2h, Dmg:16, Dly:26, Dex:7, Wis:7, HP:25, Mana:25, type4,type5

The ratio is better than the GIU although the stats aren't as good.  I intend to get one of the vampire lifetap proc augments, plus an extra damage augment from the LDoN adventures which should turn this into a pretty good offhander.  I intend to make up the difference on HP, etc on other items through augments.

Larzzus
Larzzus - 65 Feral Lord on The Nameless
Spirit Callers

DiosT

this probably is better in the equipment forum :-)

Tastian

GIU/KKatar are real close off-hand.  They both have same proc, both give 75hps blah blah blah.  KKatar has a slight dps edge because of ratio, but it's pretty minor so you could go with whichever you prefer for stats/look/sell price.