Main Menu

Upgrading current belt too ... ??

Started by Askyn, January 04, 2004, 08:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Askyn

Greetings all /wave

Ive been considering upgrades for a couple of slots (most will require HUGE plat or MAJOR raiding I think).

I currently have:

Axgoreth's Belt of Defense
AC: 20 STR: +15  WIS: +15  

Now, my question is, should I drop one of the LDON +40hp augs on to it?

OR

Replace it entirely? If I replace it, what would you suggest?
(note that my haste is my off hand epic if that matters)

Im lvl 65.  Currently have 185k (which im trying to save to buy a Ornate leather BP pattern with).  I have NO pop flags. I normally DONT raid, but have access to a raiding association that can go up to some tier 4 planes (but once again I personally have no flags).

Ive looked around but dont know all the choices, what would you suggest?

Upgrade with augs? or Replace entirely?

bugman

one belt that might be accessible is from the burrower thingy in acrylia caverns, its easily a 2 group mob and belt is 20ac 100hp +stats and stuff.

another mob that drops a decent belt and can be done with a small raid force is lcea in katta. she's a bit more complicated as she charms, alot, as a proc, so the best way is to fight her buffless and have some people in each group on dispell duty. that belt is 25ac 50hp +nice stats and some resists.

theres also a droppable belt from crypt of decay thats 15ac 60hp +minor stats and resists thats droppable and usually a few k only, cant for the life of me recall its name.

imo 40hp augs are pretty expensive and im saving the points to aug items i know im gonna be stuck with for a long long time. if you do do ldon alot theres a couple decent belts you can buy, throw some ft or vengence on it and maybe some hp and you'll have yourself a nice belt that should server you for a good while
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Man0warr

Theres a really good belt on BB adventure merchant, 510 points

Belt of Grey Flesh
AC:8, Sta:12, Wis:10, Int:10, Agi:10, HP:55, Mana:45, type1,type3
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Tenal

If your talking about upgrading or replacing your current belt with something else....  Why would you want to dump a 40hp aug into it?  I know I cannot afford to toss 1150 adventure points away like that.  Something you could consider as well,  there ara some very nice belts you can purchase from merchants which would give you the 3 slots to fill vs the one you have now and there are a few decent belts you can buy in Bazaar.  Not to mention several mobs which drop nice belts if your with a 2-4 group Raid. (non-elemental or POP)

Curious though,  why would you save so much for a Ornate Tunic?  IMO I think the LDON Tunics (IE: MM or GUK) or one of the Elemental Player made Tunic's (Stonehide best hp and Fire best mana) are a lot better overall and cost around the same as what you have saved for the Ornate now or less, depending on which server your on.   The LDON tunics have better overall stats before augmenting and well, the choice is yours how you would want to update should you go that route.

Good luck in whatever you choose though....
Tenal Predator
[/url]

Askyn

Why Ornate over Ldon bb tunic? No real reason other than

a) Time spent at ldon camps, (im tring to save up for pet focus & slaves hidden orb augments) im devoteing more time to other items vs getting the tunic at this time.

b) Cash is easier for me to get than the points right now =) that and currently on my server due to the plat dupe / macroing for money, stone hide tunic ( when i last saw it =( ) was selling for 220k !!! (totally outrageous!).

c) the clicky will help me buffing in groups etc were im the only buffer, and the stats on it actually arent that bad.

Besides .. after looking at my magelo, what ELSE would you suggest i spend my money on? =) dont think there are many more items to get for upgrades.

Tenal

Well, if you have ability to make PP easier than adventure points at this point,  I would still go with the Stonehide Tunic. (Even with the outrageous 220k price) While the clicky effect on the ornate is nice, the amount of mana which would be used for rebuffing whole group is minimal at best in comparison, and gaining hps/ mana is more important (to me anyhow) than a clicky effect I will at best use infrequently. though your style of play may be widely different than mine.

As for other things to spend PP on for upgrades???  We each make our own choices where to drop PP for upgrading our gear.  there is still quite a bit which can be upgraded greatly through spending PP on droppable items.  Some possibilities with no regards to pricing,  just the items with no prices as the prices atm are still flip flopping around.

Gravedigger armstraps, Stonehide Arms
Pristine Jeweled Gloves
Ceramic totem of the Rathe, Ceramic incense burner of Ro,  Ceramic totem of Xegony, Ceramic water sprinkler of Marr
Steel ring of earthen resistance, war crested ring
Any stonehide armor (great hps though lack in some other areas I am sure)

those just a few things, some with the effects which could help us as beastlords, other items which would benefit hps.  There is always something we all can upgrade.  Keeping in mind no prices were put on any items as you say it is easier to get PP than points, so point should be moot for prices.  Still, there is no substitute for no drop items.  If can get 2,3 groups, can always go farm the heck out of SSRA or other higher end Luclin or some POP zones.  I still think it would be easier slapping a group together or getting in LDON groups....  least on my server anyhow,  get tells all the time asking if I am looking for an adventure.

Another thing you could spend your PP on is Tradeskills, It is a Major PITA but if one already has Shawl the battle is half won.   I am refering to the Aid Grimel Tradeskill quests. The signet of the arcane is a hard item to say no to, especially if you have already done the Shawl quests.  :lol:  Which is where I am....  Shiver twitch twitch  tailoring twitch  :wink:

Good luck with whatever you choose.....
Tenal Predator
[/url]

Sempai

I would be looking for another belt in your position.

In my opinion, your belt, back and bracers are your weakest slots. Putting an expensive augment on your weakest slot does not seem to make sense to me when you can obviously save money well for a better belt at some point. I am personally saving points to augment my best pieces first, the ones I am least likely to replace.

I also agree with saving the pp for the ornate bp. Yeah it will be expensive, but as you said, it is pp or points. Heck, I am in time and I am still wearing my ornate bp, but I am hoping to replace it soon. Even if I replace it, I will still carry it for the clicky haste.

To save money, and to work on getting better items in the process, I suggest doing LDoN hard adventures. It is not the most efficient for points, but you have a better chance at getting some upgrades, like the gravedigger arm straps mentioned above. There is even a decent belt that drops, but I forget the name at the moment.

And I would forget the Aid Grimil quests, as you need the pop flags to all zones except time to get it. If you get the flags, you should think about it, but you are a long way away from that.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Tenal

I made reference to the Aid Grim quests as a possibility once all Tradeskills maxxed and Flags gotten.  My Bad, I should have made it more clear what I was thinking.   Just know what a pain it is to get Tradeskills maxxed and figure they have PP to burn...
Tenal Predator
[/url]

Sempai

Oh, it is a great quest and reward, I wear the earring. As a dedicated tradeskiller, the flags held me back for a long time and he stated earlier he had no PoP flags.

Starting from scratch and getting all pop flags would be extremely painful if you are not in a raiding guild, unless you have friends willing to flag you.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells