Main Menu

Which Weapon do I use

Started by Lunani Snowfyre, January 04, 2004, 07:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunani Snowfyre

Post by Buku Da Hoesmakker,

Here is a little formula I got from a guildmate(Leolan, BTW he is a Bard if you couldn't tell) that should help you determine which hand a weapon works best in.

Use this formula to figure out which to use in mainhand:

[(Base Damage of Weapon * 2) + Damage Bonus ] / (Weapon Delay / 10)

Higher number yields better result.

Also have to take into account extraneous things like procs, stats, and erm, looks.

Take these two weapons for instance:

Blazing Rapier: 17/20
Nature's Melody: 15/19

Most people automatically assume that lower delay weapon automatically goes in main hand. That's not always the case.

(17*2) + 11 = 45 / 2 = 22.5
(15*2) + 11 = 41 / 1.9 = 21.578

Offhand weapon, assuming you want optimum damage and not some particular utility, should be whatever has the next best dmg/dly ratio. Remember, no damage bonus to offhand. You also need to consider weapon skill -- if you have lower skill in one weapon type (e.g. piercing), you might not want to sacrifice the ATK you could be getting from a different weapon.
[65 Feral Lord] Lunani Snowfyre (Vah Shir) <The Unholy Inquisition> - Kael Drakkal
[63 Warlock] Nunila Bloodfyre (Dark Elf) <The Unholy Inquisition> - Kael Drakkal

Coprolith

Rather then using (base damage * 2) use (base damage * n). If you know your ATK rating you can extract n from the graphs in my 'effects of ATK' thread. For a lvl 60+ beastlord, using n=2 is simply too low.

If you want to use a standardized number, using n=3 is much better. Most BLs 60+ will have an ATK rating during normal gameplay that is around n=3

Im currently working on a spreadsheet a la Yiktiki's that properly takes into account the effect of ATK rating, skill caps, procs and several dps enhancing AA skills  

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)