Main Menu

GIU - would it be an upgrade

Started by jakethecake, January 06, 2004, 12:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakethecake

I'm in a relativley small guild, with an average raid force of 14. Half 65 half mid 50's but it dont stop us trying.  :P

We've recently had some successful raids. We killed Zlandicar, got his heart (but not his cowl  :cry: ) We protected the Gnome (got the +50HP earring  :? ) Downed Overlord Ngrub twice (i lost roll on Weighted Mantle  :( ) We managed to Kill Innoruuk in Nadox but he did drop his 2HB

And last night we did The Va'Dyn. He didnt drop the GIU, but our 52 warrior was very pleased i passed on Skybreaker which brings me to my question. ( :D )

I currently have WLK (main) CHOS (offhand) If the GIU had dropped I was gonna get it (most raidpoints so was guaranteed) I was planning to replace my CHOS with it as I've been using it to twink a few alts and having to log each night at a bank to enable swift changeover was becoming tiresome. But looking now I'm not sure thats the best combo.
I'm not a mathematician, and I cant parse to save my life but as we've done The Va'Dyn once, we'll do him again so its only a matter of time before the  GIU drops. Should I take it? (and I dont mean so I can sell and buy other equipment....if its not an upgrade for me it certainly will be for someone in the guild)
Tukru

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes......

Hrann

The GIU is not an upgrade to the CHoS.  In fact, althought the WLK is a better weapon than the CHoS and does more damage in either the primary or secondary than it, it turns out that overall that combo of weapons works best with the CHoS in primary rather than the way you are doing it.  The downside to CHoS in primary is additional aggro (which I never really had a problem with).

I used to use that combo, but have since switched out the CHoS for a FoD.  I'm not even sure that was a dps upgrade, but I made money on the deal and it is very close.  Since I'm 5 fights from a SHO, the whole thing will be moot for me soon anyway.

Coprolith

Weapon are for dps and stats on em are of secondary importance as far as im concerned. Personally i cannot imagine why anyone would want to fork down pp or dkp for this inferior weapon. The Bazaar price for this weapon is sthe same as for the WLK, despite the fact that it does less then 80% of the WLKs dps. That's a lot of money for 40 hp's and 40 mana (not counting the sta on the WLK)

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Soriis

I used the gold inlaid ulak over my primary epic for a long time, untill i got a WLK.

If it were me, i'd use the ulak in secondary, WLK primary. I wouldnt spend a ton of points on it though. I got mine because we diddnt have anyone who needed it. I still carry it around for some reason, probably hoping to get some non-epic haste and be able to use it again.