Main Menu

Worth the money?

Started by Funzo, January 10, 2004, 09:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funzo

I'm seeing an ornate glove pattern in the bazaar for 45k. Is that a good price and is it worth spending that cash to upgrade Shissar gaunlets?  Is there a third option that I'm missing without needing a raid force or 1490 ldon points?

Thanks for your input.
Funzo Frantic, 65 Male Vah Shir Beastlord - Ayonae Ro

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=977636

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Misser

Please include a little more information about yourself.

What lvl are you ?

What zones can you accesss ?

My initial reaction is, that's way too much !

Stick to Shissar or Coldain, or go for the Adv points, that will net you some lvls or aa points as well.
Misser - Veredi Arcanum CT

Funzo

Well, I'm level 60 and guildless.
I've tried to round  out my gear for optimal soloing (fungus vest, fungus staff)
Mostly what's available to me is the bazaar.  My first thought was also that 45k is too expensive for the difference, but I've had my Shissars so long I think I'm getting anxious for something new.
Funzo Frantic, 65 Male Vah Shir Beastlord - Ayonae Ro

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=977636

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Noxdowne Draggout

Spent 75k on the ones I wear and that seemed like a bargain.

Our economy is whacked out to lunch on Xev so to give you a comparison I traded a COCW for them.

I know that ornate glove patterns sell on Xev for around 75k as well, so depending on your stat standing you may want to look at these as well.

Click my sig to see.

Nox

renl

Honesly I do not like the ornate gloves.  I like Pristine Jeweled Gloves better  on Tunare they run for around 50k, they are rare as all hell though I hardly ever see them for sale.  Look at my Shnaggle's magelo for the stats in my sig

Strigori

the gloves from either mistmoore or guk ldon are probly better value for the time,  unless you have  alot of plat layin around
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Aneya

I think ornates are generaly overpriced. The only one I consider a good buy are the boots. This is because it cost 20k on TM to get ornate leather boot patterns and 50-75k for flowing slim boots.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

GroggettFV

I debated the same question myself. I opted for the Pristine Jeweled Gloves myself even with the prices ABOUT the same. The raw hps and mana is what convinced me. I may be wrong though *smile*
Elder Groggett Warderherder
Season 65 Feral Lord - FV

Noxdowne Draggout

Also nice to be able to sell your item once you get an upgrade instead of sticking it in the bank.

Nox