Main Menu

Rune Etched Mallet and ???

Started by Jolabst, January 12, 2004, 04:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolabst

Hi Everyone,

Here's my magelo:

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=678483

I have a waning light katar in main hand and the stone etched mallet in off hand:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=20572

I also won this, Club of Slime:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=20725

Should I use the Club of Slime main?  Mallet main?  Go with WLK and Mallet off-hand, since the H2H weapon increases ATK by 67 pts?

Your advice is needed and appreciated as always!

Jola
Season 65 Bst
The Rathe

Rhaynne

You'll do more dps with the WLK main and Stone Etched in offhand.  Not to mention, that Club will be way more agro than you want with a proccing dot/slow.

Panthermask

Yeah, WLK is going to put out more DPS than the club in mainhand.  That's what I'd look to use as my setup.

However, if you're in a guild that can get you the mallet, you might try talking them into taking down TZ a few times.  Battle Fists would be a great mainhand to go with mallet.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Panthermask

Yeah, WLK is going to put out more DPS than the club in mainhand.  That's what I'd look to use as my setup.

However, if you're in a guild that can get you the mallet, you might try talking them into taking down TZ a few times.  Battle Fists would be a great mainhand to go with mallet.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Zemm

Hey Jola :)

Using Copro's spreadsheet, the Club of Slime has a slightly higher DPS than the WLK if you consider melee only dmg.  The CoS proc is a DoT so it's hard to estimate but it maxes out at 3.33 DPS if the DoT sticks at the beginning of the fight versus the WLK at around 2.35 DPS average depending on your stats.

Overall, I think the CoS has higher DPS and better stats than the WLK,  but it may not be enough to overcome the unwanted aggro caused by the slow proc.

Rhaynne

Zemm,

In practical application there is no way that a 16/21 1hb will outdamage a 16/22 hand to hand due to the attack loss and increased loss of accuracy.  Moreover, you will get more dps from the smolder proc than you will from the dot proc from the club... which poses its own problems, ie increased aggro and inability to mez the mob dotted.

Zemm

Rhaynne,

I agree with you on the choice of weapons, the DoT is the drawback to this weapon which makes the decision easy, but the Club should still outdamage the WLK or be damn close :)

A 16/21 1HB is 4.55% faster than the 16/22 HtH.  If a 65 Bst (with maxed skills) has a 1400 1HB atk rating, their HtH will be around 1465 atk, for a reduction of 4.43% atk.  In this case, the 1HB's faster speed dominates the reduction in atk and gets more significant as atk goes up.  I plugged the CoS into Copro's spreadsheet as a guideline to backup my assumptions.  

Say Hi to CT for me, I was a member with them back on The Nameless long ago :)

Rhaynne

Many people (myself included) believe that weapon skill also affects your melee accuracy in addition to attack.  I've seen it, and parsed it.  With a lower skill, you miss more.

That doesn't appear to be calculated into the spreadsheet and that is why my parses have often been at odds with the spreadsheet.  The spreadsheet is an excellent tool and a good guideline, but regardless of the attack loss, you are going to miss more with a 1hb than you are with a hand to hand which is going to deviate to less dps for the 1hb and more for the hand to hand.

Jolabst

Hey,

Thanks for the fine comments!  I believe I will "bag it" for those times I get to be MT for xp or LDoN groups.  The dot/slow will be aggro inducers, but as was mentioned the dot could cause issues on a raid regarding the possible need to mez.

Thanks,

Jola
Season 65 Bst
The Rathe