Main Menu

Lower skill cap for 1hb does not matter in off-hand?

Started by Bulge, January 13, 2004, 10:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulge

I was so lucky to purchase a Grandmaster Mace yesterday after we killed Rhyda Dhar, the HoH dragon.  I am replacing my Rujarkian Stone knuckles with these. I will probably be using this weapon for a long time to come, but I was wondering about 1 thing: I heard someone say that when you wield a 1hb in your offhand, then the lower cap (225) wont matter, since the attackrating is determined by what you wear in your Main hand. Is this true?

I have a WLK in my off hand now, and I guess it will stay there, since the damage ratio is so much better on the Mace. But if I would ever get a better h2h weap, would I indeed loose the small drawback that I have now by wielding a 1hb in my main? Or should I switch and put the blunt in the offhand and see my WLK proccing a little more again? If the above is true then the WLK being a h2h and a proccer may offset the 3 damage it has less on the mace....

Also, how do people view the procs on the knuckles that I am loosing now? For me the proc does not seem worth it, but maybe loosing the proc and the lower skillcap of the 1hb is offsetting most of the extra damage of the mace? I would wield the mace if only for the better stats but I am wondering how much damage I am loosing and how much I am gaining.

Cheers!
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Murkk Dakruul

I used to think the same thing, but your offhand does have it's own ATK rating, you just can't see it. So your offhand will still suffer from the same "h2h is better than 1hb" problem bst's have had. There are parses covering this, but I am far to lazy to find/link them. :D
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Coprolith

You don't need parses to show that the OH has its own ATK rating. Just ask a beastlord with low skill in piercing to watch his hit ratio when equipping a piercer in the OH.

So to answer your question, Bulge: no, it isnt true.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Zorthar

However, if you have 225 skill, I am sure that mace would out parse the RSK, 12/19 compared to the 19/22 that the GM Mace is

GroggettFV

If you do not mind can I ask what you paid for such a fine item? I picked one up myself but I have been unable to locate pricing. Thanks in advance.

(PS If you meant "purchased" with DKPs nevermind. I am on the FV server so such an item would be droppable. I was thinking in PP terms. If anyone has an opinion on what an item MIGHT be worth if it were droppable I would love to hear. Thank you.)
Elder Groggett Warderherder
Season 65 Feral Lord - FV

Goretzu

QuoteI heard someone say that when you wield a 1hb in your offhand, then the lower cap (225) wont matter, since the attackrating is determined by what you wear in your Main hand. Is this true?

Nope offhand functions exactly like main hand only you can't see it's atk rating (and it needs a passed DW check to swing once every delay of weapon), it still gets lowered by lower weapon skills in that hand.

So basically think of it as exactly like your main hand.

Goretzu

As to the damage/proc thing.

Your best (and most reliable) bet is to parse a bit with both options and see which is best I'm afraid.

Aggy

19 / 22 is going to be very hard to replace in your primary hand - whether the poetntial replacement is H-to-H or Blunt.  The only replacements I can think of off the top of my head (that aren't major raid drops) are the LDoN items, particularly the augmented version of the Slave's Hidden Orb.

Dysz

your mace will suffer from 25 lower skill, which will result in (correct me if im room):

less to-hit
less dps
something else i cannot recall currently.

however, even with a proc the mace pretty much crushes the knuckles.  25 cap is not a huge difference, maybe bringing the mace down a damage point in terms of hth weapons.  but the knuckles still don't touch that
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>