Main Menu

Fist of Darkness and Lesser Knuckles of Serenity?

Started by Junaru, January 13, 2004, 05:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junaru

How far will these take me? Both have a 1.5 ratio so I was expecting to take me far but neither weapons have any type of proc (not augmented yet) and most peoples profiles seem to have atleast one proccing weapon.. I'm just wondering if I made the right choice in picking these up..

I've had them since level 33 (41 now) and they have served me great.. I'm guessing at 55 I'll pick up a WLK but after that should I replace both of just one?

Thanks for any advise..
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Atropine_BB

Both weapons are very nice, and will take you as far into the future as you want to go.

Droppable upgrades for those weapons will be hard to find.  WLK will definitely a DPS upgrade for your mainhand.  LKOS is a great weapon for your offhand as well.  It really depends on how much your guild raids, and what targets you are hitting.  Check my magelo for an offhand upgrade to LKOS that is droppable.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Hrann

If you get a WLK, I'd suggest replacing the LKoS with is and leave the FoD in your mainhand.  It's close, but your dps will be slightly better that way.

After that, you have a few choices.  Best case, you go for the LDoN weapon, Slave's Hidden Orb, and then work on upgrading it with a nice proc and the 2 damage aug form Takish.  Upgraded properly, this can arguably be the third best weapon in the game for us.

Other than the SHO, you can save for the Golden Wraps of the Compact, which would be an upgrade to the WLK.  That is pretty much it for non-raid drops.  Raiding wise there's tons of choices.

If you can pick up Spiked Knuckles of Brawling somewhere along the way, they would be a nice upgrade to either of your weapons also (basically interchangeable with the WLK).

Junaru

My beastlord isn't in a guild and more then likely wont see any zone he can't get into by himself at 46..

Thanks for the input.. Right now I'm working on my OT Gate Hammer then I'm going to do some leveling in LDoN.. I'll check out the SHO..

One last thing.. With these weapons is it worth doing my epic or should I just pick up a 36+ haste item and forget it (till 65 and then solo it cause we can.. :) )?
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Hrann

With your current weapons, it would be worth it to get the epic.  However, try to start and save (or work LDoN) for a 36% haste item IMO.  Once you get a WLK or better, 36% haste plus that would be better than the epic.