Main Menu

Wicked Shank vs Epic, offhand

Started by Valkyree, January 15, 2004, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valkyree

I have noticed a few beastlords wielding a wicked shank offhand recently and was just wondering if the dps was better than our epic offhand.(assuming you can still maintain your haste, not to mention the attack loss)

Also does the fact that piercing caps at 225 vs h2h which maxes out totally, seriously affect your dps ?

These may be silly questions, but i was rather boggled by them and was hoping someone a little more knowledgeable could help me out.

Thank you in advance

Valkyree

Hrann

The wicked shank, at 16/21, has such a much better ratio than the offhand epic that even with the ~110 atk difference (from lower skill cap and +30 atk on epic) and a lower haste, it will be producing more dps.

The % haste you need to get for it to be better would depend on your MH weapon, but I estimate it to be in the 30's somewhere (certainly 36% would make the shank better).

Aggy

Be careful, though: the proc on the Wicked shank is a DOT and when it procs it will screw up your ability to use Escape.

Err...hrmmm...wait...that was my rogue!
:)
THe Wicked Shank is a great weapon for a BL, but I would pass on one if there was a Rogue rolling on it:  its great for a BL - its jsut about the BEST sticker a rogue can find before the elemental planes (comprable to the Gargoyle Talon, which is rogue-only).

Valkyree

I picked up the wicked shank awhile ago and have been toying with it off hand but was never sure(never parsed it). I have a Cloak of flames for haste and I use the golden wraps of the compact main hand.

From your input it seems the shank, even with the loss of 5% haste and about 40ish hp and 40 attack, is still going to give me much better dps. Plus i think it gives me better resists too, but not by much.

Thanks again gang, if anyone else has any input i would love to hear it !

Valkyree

Hrann

You can check out Coprolith's excellent weapon comparison spreadsheet further up in this forum for a good guide.  By my calculations, assuming you have ambidexterity and taking the GWotC into consideration, you should be doing about 1.5 dps more melee dmg with the Shank over the epic, plus you get the extra proc.  Without ambi, it would be a close call.