Main Menu

Battlefield: Vietnam

Started by Kashmiir Battlekat, July 16, 2004, 09:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kashmiir Battlekat

Anyone play this?

Is it fun?

How many people usually play on the server you play on?

Im going out to buy this game toniight or tomorrow.

Any helpful advise would be appreciated.

DiosT

probably the same kinda game, but i felt battlefield 1942, i think it was, was rather... slow...

you die, and you wait around for quiet a while before you come back, then when you do, it's a long run to get back to the fight typically...

since it's a new/different game though, they might have noticed that 'problem' and did things differently..

inshakar

I'm a huge fan of Battlefield 1942, the Desert Combat mod, and Battlefield Vietnam.   I don't really play it online much, as I have a pretty good size home LAN, but every Friday night my buddies come over and we whup up on each other.  

Vietnam vehicle and especially helicopter controls are a huge improvement from 1942.  Fights are intense and tons of fun, and the multiple weapon options are awesome.  If you're not familiar with it you might play a couple of singleplayer games to get the hang of the controls and such.

The respawn timer is set on the server, and is adjustable, so you might look around for a server with a lower timer, if you prefer.  If there's a fight on one side of the map, and you die with your team not controlling any flags near that fight, it might take you a while to return without a vehicle.
Inshakar D'Rahl
Feral Lord of the Royal Norrathian Guard
Tribunal Server