Main Menu

What happened to being able to click off pet buffs?

Started by hakaaba, November 10, 2005, 11:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

As i recall they released a list  of things they were going to do for each class as part of the "reenvisionment" about a year and a half ago.  And while almost everything from that list has been done, conspicuously missing is the ability to click off buffs on pets.

This one is rather important to me because its extremely annoying when the only alternatives to get rid of a ninja-buff on pet (with pet affinity ithappens all the time) is to either use dispel magic (which wipes out tons of good buffs along with it usually) or scrap the pet completely and summon and re-buff a new one (extremely annoying as well as time and mana expensive)

Why haven't they done this when they already have the code written (for player buffs) and promised it to us in writing so long ago???

:(

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Dreead

It's because they hate Vah Shir's, and I don't blame em!

Well anyway, supposedly it's still being looked into, or coded or something. But it is in our Top 10 dealie we got going I believe. I don't mind not being able to click off pet buffs, but would be a great if we could.

Tastian

I think the last number I heard was re-envisionment or whatever was ~70% done.  The issue of pet buff control was mentioned, it is on our top 10 list, and it gets brought up by other classes quite a bit as well.  The code for pets/players could very likely be different, and given how old lots of the EQ code still is I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Either way it's an issue that actually has been acknowledged and they've agreed to change, so that's a plus.  8)

jitathab

Its very annoying to have some necro MGB DMF and make my pet bounce :/ perhaps a short term /pet affinity on /pet affinity off would suffice.

Kanan

bleh.. no thanks on having to remember to toggle PA on or off.. this is a basic thing that they should rectify.  Yes, it may be complicated by the vintage of the code involved, but it should be doable.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Spennce DI

hakaaba

Well for one thing, levitating vah shir pets are incapable of moving underwater.  It sucks having to summon fluffy again every time someone mgbs lev in water zones (of course there arent many and i dont raid them anymore but it sucked when i did heh)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

I haven't checked in awhile, but does suspend still remove levi? hehe

It is definitely something is do-able and should be done with very little compromise.  It's a very simple mechanic, that has no real balance implications and has been reasonably requested by a large number of people for a very long time.  Although I grant the code *might* be hard to do it is still a more than reasonable request as it is.

Iskandar

If I recall correctly, suspend removes the levitation graphic (the bobbing), but the spell is still on the warder. I think the only spells that suspend actually strips are illusions.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Tastian

Yeah I meant the bobbing.  Suspend also used to remove sow or something as I recall.   I know I posted some tests on that while back, think it was fixed.  *shrugs*  Kinda off topic anyway.  8P

Point is they do know, they did say it'd be done, I will bring it up again(and again, and again hehe), and hopefully it'll be taken care of soon.