Main Menu

high end bst / vs paladin why play a bstlord?

Started by daarksoul, August 15, 2005, 10:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

Quote from: daarksoul on August 17, 2005, 12:09:01 AM
on soloing gaukr and his 2 guards.

One more point on the useing green pet to single pull. IF you use that exploit then how do you keep the mob from WALKING away at 20percent life to his friends and training you? which if that happens NOW u got 3 or more mobs and a green pet ... weeee.... yea thats a good solution

/sigh Suspend your level 70 pet. Make a nice fat green con pet and buff it up. Use it to pull a single mob. Get rid of green pet then unsuspend the 70 pet. Not to difficult.

The pally is trophy hunting, not soloing. Trophy hunting is going in and taking out a named mob for loot, generally this involves using many if not all tricks in the book, many classes can do this. Soloing is near to non-stop pulling for XP, a lot fewer classes can do this.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

gordulek

NOW u got 3 or more mobs and a green pet

Jeebus, I missed that bit about still having a green pet the first time I read it.

There's a simple solution to your problem, fortunately.  Sell the bst for the same amount you paid for it and buy a paladin with the money.  Problem solved.  Of course, you'll bitch about pallies not being able to hold aggro on the pally boards...until someone points out that you might want to cast your stuns :-D.

Skratz

Just for fun tonight, I think I  will go into seb and solo 4 juggs at once with my measly 9.5k hp(conv+self).
imagine what I could do with 3k more hp who knows how much more AC and avoidance..... /boggle
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Tardar

Quote from: gordulek on August 17, 2005, 02:44:54 PM
NOW u got 3 or more mobs and a green pet

Jeebus, I missed that bit about still having a green pet the first time I read it.

There's a simple solution to your problem, fortunately.  Sell the bst for the same amount you paid for it and buy a paladin with the money.  Problem solved.  Of course, you'll bitch about pallies not being able to hold aggro on the pally boards...until someone points out that you might want to cast your stuns :-D.

OMG, ROFL

Dancolen

Have soloed Juggs before......
Up to four at a time.
was mildy hard at 5k unbuffed and lvl 65 before OoW.
Fights were no problem what so ever, just regening the mana after my healing.
Id last about 4 rounds or 5, before my mana regen gave out and I was oom and would have to gate.

I'll go try soloing Mr. Sandstorm when I get the chance, but hes still farmed pretty regularly.
/shrug..

The one real problem I had in Seb was before OoW...

Mushroom men,   getting 3 clerics at once.
It turnin into 4 or 5 becuase of wanderers/gating.
Not having the dps to burn down a snared mob, not having the dps to outdps a cheal.
Now with OoW, my weapons are much better, I have Roar3, a 50% better nuke, and more AA/HP/Mana... bet it would be np.

Not sure if stuns work on Gaukr, but if they do, that prolly helps in making him soloable :)
Know stuns work on his guards.
Pally can chain stun a mob for not too expensive iirc, and it has about the effect of slow.

Gungagunga

as for PET pulling i consider that an exploit /shrug a low lvl pet should NOT be able to pull mobs single even tho sony is too lazy to fix it. IF you dont use the pet pulling exploit then my statement is correct bsts have no way to single pull , paci or fd

One more point on the useing green pet to single pull. IF you use that exploit then how do you keep the mob from WALKING away at 20percent life to his friends and training you? which if that happens NOW u got 3 or more mobs and a green pet ... weeee.... yea thats a good solution

The devs have been aware of pet pulling for a number of years now so if they really thought it was an exploit or unfair they would have fixed it.  Hell its not like it works 100% of the time so there is some decent risk for the reward, and if you dont use all the tools available to your class then you will never truely understand it.

I must admit a little confusion tho as your arguements show little understanding of the class. 

Take for instance the 2nd paragraph I quoted.... Pet gaurd, back off safe distance, pet attack/follow, once he has had time to piss off *enter mobs name here* /pet hold, begin casting unsuspend minion, click go away on your lowbie pet before you complete casting of unsuspend.  You now have 1 single mob on you with a fully buffed pet at your side lending a hand, and if it happens to be a runner between your pets stuns and hobble toss in some nukage of your own and they wont get far.

Pallies are pretty bad ass at upper lvls i'll not argue that but who cares.  If you want something another class has then play that class.  This thread is almost as foolish as the one I read about mages now wanting snares so they can kite or maybe slow/root spells for pet tanking.

Dakat

Been there done that.  He is soloable with vet aa maxing resists. His 1400dd rarely if ever hits. With my gear/resists his dd hits for 170s tops. Thought I read that someone said he gates? I have never seen him do that. However I have seen him Heal himself. Once he gets to 50% ish he just stands there and trys to heal himself. Just keep him stunned and he never attacks you, period. This mob is rather easy to kill if you ask me.  Never been able to land a slow on him either, unless a shaman or mage were in the area and would cast malo or something else to help slow land and thats not guaranteed. So you others out there can forget about thinking that paladin landed a slow.  As far as a paladin able to solo him, great.  I can hang in upper sand all day long and never stop killing. Glad that paladin can take 3 at once, well I'm glad I never have to. I single pull the guards then boss and have never gotten add.

I remember once I pulled him to corner, locked him there. Got on his backside and he never turned back around to hit me.

As far as accomplishments, check this out http://forums.interealms.com/ranger/showthread.php?t=46247 a single level 70 ranger soloed Tallon Zek? So, who wants to hear how well a paladin can solo TZ? NOT

Essant

Quotei was messing around in old seblis... typical i got 3 mobs, they were juggs,  on me i had pet up and was buffed to 12khp , i accept its cause my weapons suck that it takes me a while to kill the mobs.. however once all 3mobs started pounding on me i went down fast... so tried new tactic had my pet tank one and me tank 2... same problem once i started healing pet and me... still lost, now someone is gonna get lippy and say i shoulda won easy with 12k hp... thats my point i have hundreds of aa's and all my defensive aa's. those mobs in old seblis should not have been able to lay the smack down on me. yet they did... Im no newb that doesnt know how to play my class but my heal only does so much...nukes 30second refresh...

Look man, I don't mean to pick on you .. but if you had a hard time soloing 3 juggs as a level 70 beastlord .. you aren't comparing apples to apples against a paladin that can solo a BoT named by any stretch of the imagination.

Perhaps your technique was wrong, i'm at 12.9 these days fully raid buffed but I've been doing this since I was at 10K

I frequently pull down 4-5 juggs on me at once.  They are no issue.  I mean insomuch as im not even remotely half-health by the time i get done with them and a lot of times .. yes, full health.

1) Part of the secret, is life tap augments .. especially on old world mobs like that.
2) Other part is all your healing aa's and spell crit aa's.  When a 150dd life tap double-crits (on damage and heal), it heals for 640 pts.
3) Third secret, is precise pet control.  Having Advanced Pet Discipline and using /pet focus makes a WORLD of difference when dealing with multiple mobs like that.
4) What you want to do, is get all mobs slowed.  Usually what I do is Cycle Nearest NPC through the pack and slow each one.  They way you keep track is by doing a little bit of damage to each one as you slow, when you run across one at 100% health, slow it, damage it some, move on till they are all slowed.
5) ASSIST YOUR PET.  If you dont know how to do this easily, I will teach you ..

Hotkey:

/pet target
/pause 5
/assist

There you go.  By focusing your dps on one mob at a time the battle becomes easier and easier as time goes on.  5 mobs become 4, 4 mobs become 3 .. and by the time you are down to 1 or 2 mobs your life taps should be keeping up with a majority of the damage, and by the time you get down to 1 .. you normally start gaining health.

Dont forget to use Feral Vigor  Pop Perfection if you get in trouble.  Put your pet at the mobs back, have to dance summons a bit but make sure the pet is positioned to be able to fight through enrage.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

rdahl

I have a pally and bst, comparably geared and comparable AA (modest bazaar gear and about 130 AA).  My pally can't take down a single bot mob solo, my bst can.  The problem?  DPS, my pally can't produce enough dps to break out of an egg shell.  As I understand it, bsts have a problem with dps scaling at the end game and my feeling is the pallys do too.

There is a Pally post somewhere saying comparably geared and AA'ed clerics have more dps than they do, for a melee class it's all in the gear.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Saniiro

Quotespeaking of dps.. a warrior gets a 46dmg epic 2.0 while the bstlord gets 38dmg epic 2.0 /boggle which class is the dps....

A beast in anguish that doesn't understand dmg / delay or that pallies can't duel wield.... complaining that he cant solo seb juggs..
:cry:

As for gaukr I have killed him with about 90% mana left, once ya get him to 50% he does nothing if you have a stun aug or 2, as dakat said, a pretty easy kill.

Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Buzak

quite fun this actualy.
and yes the basis for this is quite rediculus, soloing gaukr is quite easy for most classes GoD+ geared who can selfheal in any form.
our strength in soloing is in our slow, and since we cant land it on gaukr for once he is not ment to be easy bst soloable. therefor pallies are on equal terms against those mobs. we can solo nameds in WoS, RCoD and MPG on the other hand, and can tell you for sure that MPG mobs would grind pallies trying to solo.
why in the world you have issues with juggs in seb is also kinda amusing, there is only one single issue with these that should prevent you from soloing 5 at a time np. that is that they have very small hit-boxes and they can end up chainsummoning you interrupting spells all the time.

Buzak Ubertroll & fluffy ubergater

Nusa

Hmm? I burned out on BoT long ago. However, in my ancient pre-elemental days I tanked Gaukr many times. He was a difficult slow, but still slowable by about the 5th cast (which made me the tank even if a warrior was present, of course) -- this was long before we got our new slow. With my current ac, hp, and resists, and abilities, I expect he'd be an easy solo. Yes, Guakr will gate, but like any gating mob, only if you get too far from their spawn point...fighting in the nearby corner is close enough.

Rokath

ok the moron that started this thread has to be ebay.  Because I can solo that camp all day long with no problems.  I can solo c1 with no problems.  I CAN solo mpg but its not mana effeciant.  And I CAN solo rss, but it takes my damage disc to do so.  The fact that he can't even solo old seb (a zone many many expansions ago) is just laughable.  Here are some tips on how to solo..

1. have slow loaded (heck I load up 2)
2. have heal loaded (if this is the reason you can't solo I'll stab my eyeballs out..)
3. have a pet buffed and beside you
4. have Growl of the Panther loaded (great for getting health over time)
5. make sure you have Feral Vigor on yourself(30 hps a tick yes, but I notice the difference)

Those are my top 5 soloing tips, there I helped instead of just ranting, go me.
Wildcaller Rokath
70th Beastlord of Immortal Wrath
Terris-Thule server

Fuujii

take a good look at my gimp magelo, i soloed gaukr once, never had interest to do it again because ornate dont sell for much anymore, but if a bst as gimp as me can do it with 60% mana left over after fight and you cant? and why do you only have 7k mana? thats low for an anguish geared bst, im still working on tacvi flag , either way i smell ebay on this beastlord, but i could be wrong, and that ranger pic is funny, http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1197141

shenk

he'll prolly roll a paly then complain they dont have aoe taunt  :cry:

Additionally, Paly's are much more gear dependant than beastlords.  A level 68 beastlord w/ level 68 pet can pretty much play pet cleric in bot and pet pull singles all day regardless of gear.  Better gear will just reduce any downtime.  Aside from your epic 1.5/2.0, none of your gear will help the pet.

A paly, on the other hand, is very gear dependant.  Without good gear, they are near useless.

Certain classes solo against certain mobs better than others.  Beastlords have thier niche and do fine.  I wouldn't be 70 if I were a paly.  While I'm LFG, I'm slaughtering d. blues somewhere until i get a tell, whereas with a paly, I'd probably be LFG sitting in the guild hall or PoK.