Main Menu

Fero changes?

Started by Tastian, October 12, 2005, 09:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

Theres linear gains up until the soft cap, where it transitions to a logarithmic gain. I'm going to make these assumptions:

all logs are base 2 (substitute all 2's for e's if you prefer)
logs have a constant T determined in the code- the amount of attack it take the benefits to halve (lose a factor of their base (2))
x is any number you like
k is a constant multiplier determined in the code.  Theres probably 2 different k's for the linear and log formulas.

from 0 attack to the softcap, every constant gain of x attack yields the same kx dps gain.  For  every T you get above the cap, you gain 1/2 the gain of the previous T attack (the nth gain of T attack over cap yields kT/(2^n) dps)

Lets assume they increase the softcap by a modest amount, say exactly T

Not only is this attack now giving you linear benefits, but all of your additional factors of T attack slide up the scale by a factor of 2, causing only the lowest gain (the last T attack you have) to drop off.

Net gain: kT - kT/(2^n) where your last set of T overcap attack is the nth.

Every increase of T in the softcap adds another kT and subtracts the lowest gain you were previously getting.  This is actually a significant gain.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Khauruk

Quote from: hakaaba on October 10, 2006, 06:20:20 PM
What about overcap attack?  Have fero attack be added at the full linear benefit rate. like what they did with shield ac.

QuoteRaised softcap - wouldn't fix fero, due to high-end peeps being often over 2.5k attack.
Sure it would, if they raised the softcap enough. (a lot)

That would utterly unbalance melee vs. casters.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

hakaaba

Yeah, i know, but we've been asking them to make fero worth a damn since...omens?  I figured trying a different strategy couldn't hurt.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Khauruk

They seemed to have looked at all the various attack parses sent their way for about 30 seconds, prompting the changes to Spirit of the Hunter w/ it's double attack mod.  Wish we could hold more face to face discussions w/ the devs as a community, where they don't have the option of not replying/ignoring everything from all melee classes on this topic :(.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Pakratz

Making a whisical post, I know there's a 0% chance of any change being made...

I was thinking I like the idea of a 25% or 50% CE boost.  The DPS boost on a player wouldnt be any more than current fero, but it would have situational group/raid uses.  It would be helpful to keep on MT for an aggro boost, especially on those raid mobs that FD or mem blur.  It would be very nice in conjunction with Pathner.  Also, it would rock on our warders who proc at 50-75 dps currently as well as boosting chance of Fetter or Steeltrap triggering.  This would be a buff that would benefit ourselves most but also be of some group/raid usage.

But of course, I'm just daydreaming, I know there's no chance of a change.

Khauruk

I like that idea, but I like accuracy overcap more.  Higher end dps classes are getting away from proc augs, and moving to damage augs, due to both higher dps, and lower agro.  With an overcap accuracy, agro will not increase on the melees (you still get agro for misses), and it will help *all* melee more than a bit of a boost off of panther/bard song, etc,....

Basically, outside of ourselves, the tank would be the only one getting a real benefit from a combat effects boost at demiplane+.  All melee past there (it seems) put in as many damage augs as they can manage, and some even leave proc augs out due to agro issues, even if it leaves empty aug slots.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Pakratz

Agree with the accuracy overcap thing.  Only if its made a group spell tho.  I really dont want to be single buffing 20 people before a boss mob or worse doing a fero rotation like i used to because of the 2 min recast time. OMG that was so not fun.

Thats why I thought CE would work better, give us some usefulness but mostly just keep it on our own pets.

laissez

maybe have the incrased atk from fero make you hit for max dmg more often, it wouldn't actually increase your accuracy or you max hit but it would increase your dps.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Khauruk

iirc, that's what attack already does, Laissez.

Somebody correct me if I'm just dense...
TURNCOAT!!!!!

laissez

2 things atk does chance to hit based on weapon skills, and chance to hit for max dmg more often, tho looking back on it an accuracy overcap mod would be better.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Humlaine

I agree that fero does need a big boost....either the accuracy mod or a CE mod something making it worth while to start using again as a bigger utility

recoil silverclaws

what would be nice is if they made fero a over cap type of buff for attack
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Buzak

if changing the actual effect on this buzak see one other possibility of making it usefull.. make it a longduration 60mins or more, and possible for group as well.. that way we can keep a raid/group with it without it bothering us much for mana/time.
Buzak Ubertroll & fluffy ubergater

Gxser

Changes I would like to see to Our Latest Fero @ 75

1. Group Buff - Our Focus is a group buff and adds more hps than the single target focus we got at 71-72
2. Timer change - The current 8:48 timer (mine atm) is as usual too low for it to make sense on using it . 15 Minute timer would be nice .
3. Attack values - make them actually mean something so when spell is wanted the want is warranted .

If we have a group Fero the one thing it would do is no matter who had it would benifit from the Resist value . So even if it does land on a Necro , Mage , Cleric for example their resists would go up thus helping ith low Bard attendence .

Just a few thoughts .
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Kanan

/Hiss at group fero.

I've said it before, multiple times in this thread, and I'll continue to say it:

GROUP FERO IS DA DEBBIL!

I've beaten the horse of why I think this until its a greasy grey paste.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar