Main Menu

Are pure damage augs still our best option?

Started by Mordeb42, June 30, 2010, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordeb42

I just got the +6 damage aug this weekend. 

For weapons I am using:
Primary: Ignited Heart of the Firebug   with +6 aug
Secondary: Torment   with +4 aug  "Need to camp the +5 aug

I was wondering, if these are still our best options.  Anyone leaning toward the combo damage augs these days?

I have considered getting the Rune aug from the boomerang missions to use when tanking with shield. 
I have agro hold problems when using shield.  I switch back to dps setup after debuffs are applied in these cases.

nedoirah

It really depends on your playstyle.

I prefer to tank when I box in my own group so I need higher Dmg. But I'm leaning towards using the Eye of Perception w/ 2dmg +1 poison damage and Force of Magic II (280 nuke proc).

When I group with others I have to accept a minor Dmg reduction to avoid stealing agro. I use the Khelup's Soothing Stone for the agro reduction (225) proc in a secondary weapon to help with agro control.

There really isnt a cut & dried true answer to your question.

I actually use 2 or 3 different weapon sets for different situations.

Khauruk

One of these days I'm looking to parse this.  We've long said that the pure damage augs are better dps, but some parses at eqoutriders have made it look like it might not be true....at least while *not* under disc and w/ good CE.  I still need to grab the 175hp lifetap silver token aug, and get non-lazy before it'll happen though :D.

If so, something like that eye of perception above might be better for a grouper who isn't getting the stacking effects of bard/sham/zerker/auspice on burns.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Mordeb42

Thanks for the responses. 

One question: Proc augs are still very bad in 2ndary slots due to reduced proc rate?

This is the aug I think could make it in a primary for me.  I might have to camp it.
MAGIC LORE NO TRADE
Slot: Primary, Secondary
Restrictions: 1H Weapons Only
DMG: 3 Min Delay: 0
Proc Effect: Strike of Disease II
  1: Decrease Current HP by 280
Required level of 85.
Class: WAR, PAL, RNG, SHD, MNK, BRD, ROG, BST, BER
Tools: Compare

Orbus1

Any other comments here? I had a discussion today with a warrior I raid with and he kinda said the same thing as Khar said about combo augs maybe being better than pure damage augs for us due to our lower double attack. right now I am using the Everburning aug in my mainhand and the Mossy Tundra Stone in offhand, I need to get the Pewter Teardrop myself. I nomally use the same weapon set regardless of grouping or raiding and I just manage my casting if I am pulling aggro in a group setting.

Hzath

I parsed out the HoT damage augs while on beta because this topic came up.  I'll try to dig up the exact logs.  The weapon used was hardened shackle of the beast (similar ratio to what most raiders use and also to the end the game HoT group h2h weapons).

The 4damage+proc aug came out slightly (~1%) ahead of the 8 damage aug with self buffs and no discs in the mainhand.  With BA running the 8 damage aug pulled ahead (about 3%). 

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Khauruk

Those procs are like a 320ish elemental proc, right?  Not a lifetap....?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hzath

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.