Main Menu

Haste Mask

Started by DontPetBear, January 02, 2004, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontPetBear

I just finished a really cool Quest that starts in Iceclad Ocean.  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=932

I did this quest at Level 52, but aside from Lodizal, I believe it could be done in your late 30's early 40's.

While I was camping Stormfeather (ugh 23hr camp, woke up to him beating on me lol),  I kindly asked the Lodi hunter (always one there) if I could loot the map piece he drops.  Good luck, and although the haste is useless when we get our own haste spell, it's still a great mask.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

totania

QuoteWhile I was camping Stormfeather (ugh 23hr camp, woke up to him beating on me lol), I kindly asked the Lodi hunter (always one there) if I could loot the map piece he drops. Good luck, and although the haste is useless when we get our own haste spell, it's still a great mask.

That is the most evil quest ever designed.  It has "KSers Paradise" stamped all over it.  Grats on finishing the eyepatch, and I hope you weren't too scarred in the process.  It's a neat item to have and likely a very satisfying quest to complete.

I could never bring myself to work on that quest.  I just went out and picked up some SCHW and ran around with whatever spell haste I cast, or had cast, on me at the time.

Member of Night Eternal

Laba

If you plan on joining just about any raiding guild I advise not to even bother with the quest. It used to be a nice mask a few expansions ago but now there are so many better masks out there that are much easier to get.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Nuknuk

Quote from: LabaIf you plan on joining just about any raiding guild I advise not to even bother with the quest. It used to be a nice mask a few expansions ago but now there are so many better masks out there that are much easier to get.

Easier to get non-guilded/grouped?  If so which?  Please post your suggestions.

Nuk
Nuknuk    - 56 Troll Beastlord (Brell)
Ginasye    - 58 Woodelf Rogue (Brell)
Binkkie    - 50 Hafling Druid (Brell)
Tuvenea    - 30 Dwarf Cleric (Brell)

Laba

LDoN has a variety of bought masks that are way way better then eyepatch. There are also 2 masks that drop in adventures that are as good / better, mask of frozen mana from Mir and don't remeber other one but its from Guk.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Tighe

Not to mention it's only 20% haste...so really useful...right up until you get Alacrity...then...it's just a half-decent mask.

I thought about this for awhile before I realized we get haste spells of our own, then I decided against it, simply because of the ridiculous effort required to get the piece from the Griffon.

DontPetBear

:roll:

Eyepatch of Plunder

10 AC
10 Str
10 Dex
+6 To all resists
50 Hp's
20% Self Buffed Spell Haste
FREE
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: LabaLDoN has a variety of bought masks that are way way better then eyepatch. There are also 2 masks that drop in adventures that are as good / better, mask of frozen mana from Mir and don't remeber other one but its from Guk.

???  

Mask of Frozen Mana is hardly better than the Eyepatch of Plunder for a BST (imo, its worse).

And what droppable masks (plural) in LDoN are better than the eyepatch?  The *only* one that comes to mind is the Visor of Ambition whose stats are half those of the Eyepatch, and the eyepatch blows it away with the saves (oh ambition has vengeance1 .. whoopdie doo).  Did you mean the Grobb Hide Mask with 7ac, 2wis and 30hp/mana too?  The Etched Zraxthril Mask has crappy stats but does have innate haste, but isn't a 'bought' mask as its nodrop.

The Eyepatch of Plunder is still the best non-raid face item for a BST, imo.

Btw, I wear the visor of ambition and I'd trade it in a heartbeat if someone would give me 'rights' to a stormfeather spawn ...  :wink:

Funzo

Before I was introduced to the world of the Beastlord, I spent many an afternoon waiting for Stormfeather with my warrior. For a class that can't haste itself, this mask is impressive. But with my Bst, I never wanted to go through that waiting again knowing that its best feature would be overwritten by a spell later on.

And I don't know how I'd feel as a pure melee camping Stormfeather only to see a Bst doing the same thing.
Funzo Frantic, 65 Male Vah Shir Beastlord - Ayonae Ro

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=977636

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Goretzu

Spent a lot of time of the years thinking about and camping SF on my monk, warrior and ranger and never got him.

On my BL I happened to be in Iceclad buying a toolbox from the gnomes once and a druid kills SF and tells me asking if I wanted the map piece.

Typical.  :)

Kantoul

Just don't camp stormfeather and you're fine, I logged out at his spawnspot every night and after 2 weeks he attacked me while I logged in.

the mask is especially cool in those situations where you get jumped and don't have the correct spell setup up. Or if you have to kill some greens and are too lazy to mem celerity.

Grundell

In my early 50's, I did the stormfeather camp.  A few of my spellcasting skills had fallen behind and I figured Iceclad was as good a place to practice as anywhere else.  Seventeen hours later I had divination, abjuration and evocation up around 200 plus I had my eyepatch.  Mindlessly boring... yes but I'd still recommend it as long as you're at least working on your skills while you wait.

Grundell

TerjynPovar

Hmm.  You really think

10 AC
10 Str
10 Dex
+6 To all resists
50 Hp's
20% spell haste

Is better than
10 AC
10 Sta
7 Wis
7 Int
45 HP
45 Mana
12 sv. Disease?

The significantly better hit points and mana of the Face Mask of Frozen Mana would make me take it over the Eyepatch of plunder.  My str and dex are capped without the eyepatch of plunder, 6 sv. aren't going to help me at all, and the 20% haste buff is pretty much useless.  Oh well, to each their own.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Zatrik

This is actually an extraordinarily easy quest if you know two things, when Stormfeather was killed, and what his spawn time is.  On my server (Al'Kabor, the Mac server), we had him timed perfectly for my whole guild to get one.  I don't know how it holds up in the post-PoP world, or even how it holds up past tier 1 PoP since that's pretty much where Al'Kabor ends.  But it's probably the oldest piece of gear I still use, it's quite nice.  However, we don't have much competition and no ksing either.
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.