Main Menu

Ssra Comms

Started by Vart Tehvisseeus, April 11, 2004, 11:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vart Tehvisseeus

I have recently been woking on my key for the Emp area in Ssra temple and I was wondering if anyone has any strategies for taking down comm2 solo. I managed to get comm1 down, but it wasnt as complicated to get to him as comm2 and im not sure if i can even get to comm2's area solo. I am assuming that comm3 can not be done solo but if anyone has can they maybe share some strats. Thanks in advance for info

Vart Tehvisseeus
65 Beastlord

Skanda

First, there is no Comm3. You need Comm1 & 2, a taskmaster and an insig.

A beastlord should be able to get to the Comm2 right camp pretty easy solo. It's just up the tube from Comm1 right. After you clear out Comm1 right just pull a few from Comm2 down the tube until you have a clear area where you can sit.

Mindlet

A lot of people call the 3 that spawn at the emperors portal comm 3. Its easier to say comm 3 up that say what it is. And to answer that question no its not possible to solo them.

Skanda

Ah, never heard them called that. I've always heard it refered to as the insig camp.

Tastian

Doing comm2 solo takes some luck.  Elites on second floor are nasty.  I have seen comm2 up right near tube and that's kind of nice.  Otherwise just try to clear what you can and hope for a pop.

Spennce OR

Both Comm1 and 2 are soloable..Comm1 is cake, just keep the 9 spawns in the tube room clear and you will get the commander to spawn quickly...once you are done with comm1 move up the tube to comm2. If you come out of the Tube right you can kill all 3 spawns around the tube without any adds...then just keep the 9 spawns in comm2 clear and Commander 2 will eventually spawn.  The only hard   part about Comm2 camp is the Elites are not slowable. You can either fight them or work around them. Fighting them isnt hard just make sure you are full health and mana when you start.

Vart Tehvisseeus

Thanks for the info, I guess im gonna have to go up there again. I did manage to get into the comm2 area and take down a few mobs, but then i got cut down by a cleric mob who decided to CH itself 5 times  :roll:  .  I should be able to get back there again though. Also I was wondering if the different comm2 camps have different spawn rates for example is comm2 more likely to spawn in comm2 right or comm2 left? Thanks again.

Vart Tehvisseeus
65 Beastlord

Hereki

Spawn rate is completely random, so the area with the largest number of mobs that you can kill in one spawn cycle is best.  You should be aware that if com2 is up somewhere else in the zone, it won't spawn until that one is killed, so always check with a tracker before starting a camp (same goes for com1).

Vart Tehvisseeus

Thanks for the info Hereki, I had that problem with comm1 as far as only one being up at a time is concerned so im gonna try not to make the same mistake twice . Hopefully ill get this nasty little quest behind me soon  :lol:

Kanan

As has been said, the 2nd floor is soloable, just be careful on the elites.  What u may have to do is sic pet, heal a time or 2, wade in, pop disc, chew it down a lil, heal urself & pet a shot or 2 of chloro (can be hard with the spam hits they put out, but doable), step back out, pop para, sit & heal pet some more.  If u can get any help, it is much easier too.

You will not be able to do the insig's camp w/o help.  But then again, insig's are usually done before stepping up to engage emp, so you should have a raid force along.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Blobbie da Troll

Is it possible to invis to the Comm 2 spawn site (up the tube)?  Or do you have to fight your way in?

Many thanks

Da Blob

65 Levels of running from Frogloks

Ttony

Never heard General, Advisor or Arbitor called Comm3

The Comm1 and 2 come from the Mob's names and floor they are on.
COMMander Zazuzh
COMMander Zherozsh

I always heard it called Insignias camp also for the 3rd floor and Taskmasters for the bottom floor.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Hereki

It is not possible to invis up the tube.  Apart from the entrance mobs, all mobs on that side will see invis.

Mindlet

Ttony different servers call camps different things. Thats pretty common. In fact its not unusual to find that a camp you did a year ago is called something else now and you wouldn't know what they meant if you went back there.

rhorse

What lvl are we talking about here. I'm lvl 53 right now and know I'm to low for this but what lvl would be right.

Thanks