Main Menu

Cabilis Class quests completed and on live

Started by Dumpty, May 12, 2004, 08:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grakshi

sarnak raider brain, bandit mask, froglok bounder javelin, and mandible is what he wants. got the claw of the cub from turning those in on test.

on to the next step...
Grakshi Kilmore
level 26 beastie
<fellowship of cabilis>

Hereki

Claw of the Cub - 7/24, primary only, str 1, wis 1, wt 3.5, bst, all bst races.

The next stage reward is Claw of the Scout - 8/23, str 2, wis 2, hp 5.

Following this, we are told to locate Welgaz somewhere in Kunark, and tell him that Ixthal sent you.

Sardarni

Well I created a ranger on test (and had to go thru the tutorial?!?)
I testbuffed him and went to Field Of Bones then Kaseroa then KUrns. Next I went to Warslick woods and Dalnars Cypt.  When I got close to calibis I found a new? mob. It was "an injured traveler", an iksar you could find by entering WW from cab and follow the zone wall on the right. I went thru the east and west cabilis and then swamp of no hope.  Went to FV and called it a night.  I never saw on track Welgaz, in these zones.
good luck guys

Hereki

I have checked FoB, WW, Kurns, Kaesora, Dalnir, OT, FM, DL hidden valley, FV, LOIO, Droga and Nurga on Test in this way (but using a druid).  There are a few new mobs - a sarnak messenger, a goblin messenger, and a loyal follower - in several of these zones, all red to 25.  It is claimed that the messengers are for the warrior quests.  I didn't see the injurned traveller, but I stayed away from Cabilis and wasn't all that detailed in my searching.

Hereki

The injured traveller is our guy.  He wants a Legion Lager and some noodles (both easy tradeskill items), and gives you a note for Ixthal.

You get back a Claw of the Apprentice - 9/22, str 3, cha 3, wis 3, hp 5 mana 5.

The next step seems to involve collecting 8 letters in Dalnir from the various Kly.

This is getting to be a good weapon for the level at which you can get it; it will be interesting to see how much further it shapes up.

Gelcea

Quote from: HerekiThe next step seems to involve collecting 8 letters in Dalnir from the various Kly.

*twitch*
Camping kly in Dalnir?
*twitch*
*twitch*
 :(

(Main is/was a SK...and I've done most of the Greenmist quest. I Do Not Like Dalnir anymore, after having to camp the imprecators.)
Gelcea Macha, wandering wolf-tamer of Tarew Marr.
"Run, wolf warrior, to hide your hunger
The rain will wash away the pains of the day
In your eyes there are cold fires burning
Tongues of flame that can never be tamed"

Sardarni

Woot, so the injured traveler was the guy!

So let me get this straight.  You give the traveler noodles and lager ( a well balanced an nutrious meal), he then gives you a note.  You then take the note and claw back to Ixthal.

As for Dalnir, ugh, I agree. And aren't the Kly down on the second level? Makes CR difficult and I don't think our testbuffed beasts can solo it.  We might have to get a group there or ask a regular level 65 test toon to help.
I might make a cleric and park him at the entrance and see if anyhthing is going on.

Hereki

Kly are down a little way; at least at the back of the first level, from what I recall.  They are also at least level 28 - 35, apart from the Kly Overseer and The Kly, both of which are higher.  So, even assuming that the letters do drop from regular Kly, I don't think we are going to be able to handle it on Test on our own.

My take on it is to PL an iksar beast on live, and hope for the changes to make it across soon.  I can handle anything up to regular epic mobs solo with my regular beastlord, so the next couple of steps should be easy enough.

Sardarni

My main is a level 62 Iksar beast maybe I'll just start farming the drops sometime this weekend (for the first 2)

Grakshi

think a full party of 25 lvl beasties could do it on test?
Grakshi Kilmore
level 26 beastie
<fellowship of cabilis>

Grakshi

The quest Prime Patriarch Vuzx gives is this:

You say, 'Hail, Prime Patriarch Vuzx'

Prime Patriarch Vuzx says 'Greetings. I only train those who follow the path of the Patriarchs of Cabilis and have yet to develop their [powers] over the beasts of the wild, or maybe you are trained and are here to [help aid in our cause]?'

You say, 'i am here to help aid in your cause'

Prime Patriarch Vuzx says 'Good. Well we shall see how well you match up with our needs with this first mission. Go out beyond the safety of our city walls and bring back proof of your inner strength and training. This proof will be in the form of a sarnak raider brain, a goblin hunter javelin, an iksar bandit mask, and a mandible from a rogue shaman.'

You can find the sarnak raider in lake of ill omen. the iksar bandit mask is found on iksar bandits in the field of bone. The rogue shaman is found near the kurns tower in fob durring the night. bounder javelin drops off of froglok bounders in the swamp of no hope.

The quest text is wrong in one respect. He needs a froglock bounder javelin instead of the goblin hunter one.

the reward he gives is this:
Grakshi Kilmore
level 26 beastie
<fellowship of cabilis>

Grakshi

The second quest starts in east cab in the temple of terror. Elder Patriarch Ixthal is the quest giver.

He says this:

Elder Patriarch Ixthal says 'Hello to you as well. I am Elder Patriarch Ixthal and I continue training when the Prime Patriarch becomes overwhelmed with duties. I will train you if you seek to one day [become a Patriarch of Cabilis].'

You say, 'i seek to become a patriarch of cabilis'

Elder Patriarch Ixthal says 'I thought you might. I can sense your spirit is strong. For your first mission, you will need to use the spirits to guide you to collect some [rare items] we need on a daily basis in order to keep up with the demands of the city. This mission will also be great [training] for you.'

You say, 'what rare items?'

Elder Patriarch Ixthal says 'We gather several items that we trade with the Hierophants. These items include a cracked femur, creeper cabbage, and lichenclover. Once you have all of these items, return them to me with your Claw of the Cub and you shall be rewarded.'

Cracked femur drops off greater scalebones. lichenclover is a foraged item. creeper cabbage drops off man eating creeper plants in swamp of no hope.

A level 14 could probly kill most of the mobs if careful.

Here is the claw you recieve.
Grakshi Kilmore
level 26 beastie
<fellowship of cabilis>

Rabith

The Kly in Dalnir's are only located on the second and third floor; first floor is all coerced races, like dwarves, dark elves, etc, and those sperm-looking gnawers and nibblers.
Like a previous poster, my main is an iksar sk, and i too spent plenty of time camping the visceral dagger pieces, heh. Korrath soloed it at 41 and 42, and Rabith, my BL, is now 46, so getting these letters should be pretty easy, just  need to raise my resists up some first :) Lots and lots of casters down there, who do like to run when they get low on health.
I just hope these 8 letters don't end up like the Stupendous Tome for monks and Sks, where you have to invis through droga and combine them in a pottery wheel before turn-in.
Rabith Dreadhunter - Patriarch of Cabilis
Korrath Fearsthrall - Reaver of Greenmist

.....and other assorted characters on Prexus

Dumpty

that was moved to frontier mountains along with the old drogans.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Rabith

Nope, the goblins were moved to the FM caves, but the combine container is still in the temple of Droga, down in the jail cells. Anyway, let's just hope we don't have something similar.

I still need a few pieces to finish Korrath's Greenmist, wonder how long this BL weapon will hold that up,  :roll:
Rabith Dreadhunter - Patriarch of Cabilis
Korrath Fearsthrall - Reaver of Greenmist

.....and other assorted characters on Prexus