Main Menu

Howling Stones

Started by Vidyne, June 05, 2004, 12:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

Havent found much info on this place.

Went back a little while ago and got my key to zone in, not went and have been doing the chardok quests.
Well... it comes time to go kill Drus, and...
I zone in, kill the trash, but... all three doors are locked, and one i cant reach, I kill trash for a little while, but still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone know where to find a key, or progress here?

*edit*
posted here because its concerning the chardok quests, but could be posted elsewhere i guess, in lvl 65 hunting I guess.

Rumtum Tugger

There is a key that drops off random trash mobs below, after that you get similar drops along the way to progress.  However, you may not see the key in a timely manner.  The best way arround is to get a rogue to walk through.  As you go there are drops along the way that can get you the master key mutilated finger and such.  Once you do that you can come and go as you please.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Hereki

The first key usually drops pretty quick, as the ravagers always drop it.

Key guide

Slightly out of date zone guide

Vidyne

Hand of Glory has been added to your keyring

Thanks guys.

Now to just find her up and make her part with my urn.

Nimbin

I just parked my ranger alt at the entrance to check for DS.  I would pop in with my BL, clear the 2 wanderes, log on my ranger and track for DS.  This worked really well.

If you are able to lev over to the east wing then you can just clear down to DS but I was never able to get my fat troll butt over to the ledge even with Spirit of Eagle.  Otherwise just start south and have yourself a little dungeon crawl.  Some of the drops were ok and sell good in baz, the Erudite Illusion mask for instance.

Vidyne

Not able to really clear solo, dont have the dps for it as I get run over by backpops just as im about to move up, im close, but not there yet.

And I cant single pull the named room... always get 3-4, even with pet pull.

Chakkorisi

Howling Stones is great for the dungeon crawl.  I recently aquired my Hand of Glory.  I'm with you though Vidyne . . . how are you guys soloing to Drusella?  I usually get overrun around the Undertaker Lord area.

Chakk

Vidyne

I get overrun the room before that.

I get a pull of 3 from there, and when im down to one mob, backpops hit me.

3 is about the absolute MAX for me soloing as to what I can handle.

And even then... if I get hit with all 3 HTs theres a good chance ill be dying.

I have a 65 druid friend whom I do this with duo though... at most we can take 5 or 6 at a time, 7 kinda wipes us tho.

a_moss_snake_001

To reduce your pull size in the east wing you will often need to use pet pulling with a low level pet (tm).

Ingredients:-
- A low level warder
- Pet Discipline (Class AA)
- Suspended Minion 2 (Class AA)
- Shrew/Sow (optional but highly recommended)
- Pet HP/AC buffs (optional, only use when pulling harder creatures)

Cooking Instructions:-
1. Suspend your main pet

2. Cast a low(ish) level pet. I usually use the L39 pet or sometimes below -- the aim is to create a pet that is totally light green to ALL of the mobs in the group that you are pulling from.

3. Shrew/SoW the pet (this increases its chances of being successful)

3a. (optional) Stick a HP/AC buff on it (or two) if you think it might die too fast when it gets hit (it must NOT die while the mob your pulling is in the social aggro range of the other mobs or you will get trained).

4. Stand a safe distance away and sic the little pet on the mob you want to pull

5. The INSTANT it gets aggro on the mob hit "/pet hold" and pray the baby pet doesnt die before the mob it is pulling is out of 'buddy! help me!' range of its friends.

6. Run the mob to your chosen safe fighting spot, slow it, poof the little pet then unsuspend its big brother and kick the mobs ass. ;)

Voilah, you SHOULD have sucessfully single pulled (or at least significantly reduced your pull size) and saved yourself a hell of a beating. Rinse and repeat.

This method is ESSENTIAL for pulling from Drusella's room unless you like fighting Drusella + 6 golems + possibly more (wanderers) at the same time (not recommended).

PS: Necro's are da absolute gods of this method of pulling since it works like an absolute -dream- when combined with FD. I have seen necros pull the royals out of the throne room in chardok and bring them to the zoneline with this technique.

Vidyne

Am using the lvl 22 pet to pet pull, and still getting 3-4 adds, any ideas?   Ive used pet pulling multiple times to get singles in ME, PoJ Death Row, and various other places, even LDoN(waste of time tho)

The pet makes it back fine... but brings plenty of friends along with said mob....

psycattik

I've been killing here for a few weeks now, and I can clear all of the place but Drus' room, that place is just brutal, 2 deaths that far in when you are alone really suks. Luckily a guild necro retreived my corpse and helped me finsih the master key. Next time I feel like commiting suicide I'll have to try that method of pet pulling.(think i'll run my  wifes SK there ahead of time)  :roll:

psycattik

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=665847

a_moss_snake_001

QuoteAm using the lvl 22 pet to pet pull, and still getting 3-4 adds, any ideas? Ive used pet pulling multiple times to get singles in ME, PoJ Death Row, and various other places, even LDoN(waste of time tho)

Odd, seems to work fine for me. Most I ever get from even Drusella's room is her + 2 golems which I can easily handle. Are you sure your standing far enough back? What I do is start backing away quickly as soon as the pet goes running to engage so that I make sure I am completely out of range of the fight. Then i hit sneak and do the usual. Most i ever get in a pull is 3 mobs total (usually singles).

Nimbin

I have found that a lot of the time you need to be a fair distance away for pet pulling to be effective.  I learned the hard way a few times on Droga, but now I usually send my pet in to pull and I run off in the opposite direction.  I will add that I have not proven this to be 100% effective yet.

Vidyne

Guess I was too close

Pulled Druss + the one wandering undead add from her room
no golems.

Got my urn btw.

Now anyone have any advice on Juggs in Seb?

I can solo the first 5 before the one way locked door, and barely hold it, it is a ROYAL pain to kill to there tho with chance of fighting 2 chealing Mushrooms(Mushrooms are the DEBIL).

Anyone ever got their undead dragon sinew off juggs here?  I killed 50ish a night or two ago and saw hide nor hair.
Or should I just beg and plead for a Trak raid/bard epic raid here and get it there?(think most are VP keyed tho... and 4 65 bards, all with epic(1 inactive kinda tho) already(I didnt know id be doing the quest so I never read up on it, so who knows, its probably already rotted.... a time or two).

Salebi

The sinew is completely random, spent a long time down there trying to get one for my monk a long while back...went back to get one for a friend about a month ago and got it on the first pull.

I might suggest that you try invising past the mushrooms. MANY of them do not see invis, although be warned that SOME do. It has been a while since I have invised through, so I can't tell you which ones see invis. If I remember correctly it can also be random ie some reavers do and some don't, kinda like the dogs in Chardok.

I'm not exactly sure where a good place to make/buff warder might be close to juggs, maybe on the platform right before since only 1 or 2 shrooms really roam by there. GOOD LUCK, the cords are worth it.

EDIT: after you kill the first round you should be able to set up camp on the ramp up to reets without much trouble.