Main Menu

Signet of the Arcane

Started by Ukator Iceblood, June 29, 2004, 12:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gourgeous George

In our guild, we tend to share a lot of tradeskilling tips, particularly those of us who had an inkling towards tradeskills from the old days when RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) was the most notable reward.

So I will share a few gems for those of you not in the know.

Tailoring:

Firstly I agree that LoY ribbons are the fastest way from 158 (Wu's end) to 187. After that don't bother with Velious and Luclin Furs and Hides. CEREMONIAL SOLSTICE ROBES are the way forward. Save Tailoring until last with maybe the exception of Baking since Baking is the last Earring. The Ceremonial Solstice robes use smithing and jewelcraft as subcombines but are by far the cheapest way to get tailoring to an acceptable level (i.e. 220 +). If you check the cost of parts on the trade boards you will find that you at least halve the cost you would incur from doing the other routes.

Pottery:

Tainted Planar Essence to 216 is a fairly easy recipe to follow from your 122. It drops common and in pairs off most mobs at zone in of PoE and also CoD and probably several other zones too if you dont want to buy it in the bazaaar.

As to why I saved tailoring until last? Well tailoring is the most costly skill and the items made don't hold much value to players or vendors alike. If there is one skill likely to break the bank and your morale at the same time, it is this. So whilst leaving the easy stuff until last may seem wise, just think how harder easy things are when you are broke, disheartened and utterly bored of trade combines. Hence better to get the more enjoyable things out of the way, make your goal that much nearer to completion and milk the good humour you have remaining as you hit the tailors treck. At least at the end of this mountain, you will have reached the end goal.
Gourge
67 Feral Lord of Undivided Faith
Drinal

"Please note, no pets or cute fluffy animals were killed or injured during the filming of this picture. That all took place after the cameras stopped rolling."

Essant

Look at farming black panthers and haze panthers in WL to raise tailoring a bit more once Ceremonial Solstice Robes start to combine too often for it to be economic for them to skill up on.

Black pantherskin armor and haze panther skin armor still sell fairly well at least on my server, and also look at making sets of the ldon sandblasted and gothic steel plate for a little extra cash.

My experience is you can start to be profitable again once your tradeskills are 200 or more, if you are smart about it and pick the right market.

Engraved Royal Velium armor also sells farily decently and can be profitable.  Acrylia plate is a waste of time.

Yea I got em, had em for a couple months now.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Hzark

I am glad that I did this quest, but a little disappointed that Preservation of Xegony scales from 65 - should have been 67 IMO.

One of my guildies finished it the day before OoW came out. He is not a happy bunny.

However, most of the level 70 focus items that I have seen so far have been items from WoS or weaker zones with stats that don't compare favourably at all with Signet of the Arcane.

No doubt we will get to the good stuff later in OoW but it may take a while. The Signet of the Arcane will probably be my mana preservation item for some time to come.
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699