Main Menu

TSS lvl 71 Group Quested Armor

Started by Taiglin, September 20, 2006, 02:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamweaver

The Lucy data collector now displays a few more items, and a set of powered-up leggings with [Minion of Eternity] focus on them.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Kitathia

Adding info on Helm

HELM
Drops off: Deathshed
Zone: Direwind (in the Darkroot caves on W side of zone)

KitKat
73 Wildblood
Purfictica
61 Rager

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Phumog

Quote from: Taiglin on October 07, 2006, 11:18:19 PM
Sadly the named only spawns in one place that I can tell. Just north west of the druid port in there is a campfire. The dude spawns there. I should warn you the armor piece doesn't drop every time. In fact of the 4 times I have killed him he only had it once. I have also killed two different yellow (at 72) gnolls who didn't drop anything.

Anyone get the obsidian razor to update the My Pretty quest? Chef Gudoz didn't have it any of the 4 times I killed him.

I decided yesterday that I wanted my arms so I set out to camp him as long as it took. He is on a 20 Minute respawn timer and usually spawns every 2nd or 3rd cycle. Out of the 5 or 6 times I killed him he droped the arms twice. The first drop was silk and 2 spawns later he dropped the leather.

Also on teh plus side. While I was camping him I decided to kill a ton of gnolls while waiting. I found out that the Steppes Ore (stackable) that I was looting was selling for around 1k each. Not bad while camping for an upgrade. The ore is used for making some sort of Charm with 2 augment slots. The charm is one of those that gets better with your tradeskills gettgin better. 

hokarz

I have a stack of the steppes ore now. Still no arms tho, back to camping the little bugger. I take it the warrior is his placeholder?
Savage Lord Hokarz

Taiglin

Can be any gnoll class as far as I could tell cept for the gnoll guards. I think they are a bit lower level. Main thing is he is the single spawn that stands at the fire. I have been alternating between camping him and the two elemental guys in Sunderock. I am having Embra and Shekar flashbacks only they don't spawn as often as those girls and the xp is much less then Arcstone. Would like to make the move up to IG or DW but don't think my 3 box crew can handle it sadly.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

hokarz

hmmm...I think I've been camping the wrong campfire :(  The one I've been working on has 3 mobs around it, the best I've been able to get is a 2 pull, and I can't keep slow on them long enough to kill them before they kill me. Might explain why there is always two or three people by the druidic stones, LOL
Savage Lord Hokarz

Phumog

Quote from: hokarz on October 12, 2006, 02:47:01 PM
I have a stack of the steppes ore now. Still no arms tho, back to camping the little bugger. I take it the warrior is his placeholder?

Yeah like Taiglin says  he spawns by a camp fire. There is only one mob there. The spawn point is just a few feet in the North West direction from the druid ring. If you set up a little bit north along the east wal from the druid ring you should be fine. There is 1 pather that paths down that wall a little bit but if you move a bit more south then its no problem. I just fight a little more north so that incase I lose controll of the camp I donot kill anyone chilling at the portal.

Timberghost

I haven't really seen a lot of the new TSS tier 1 gear.  If I have a mix of Qvic gear and raid drops, will any of it be an upgrade to me?

My guild is only in Txevu, so I'm not end game geared by any stretch of the imagination.

hokarz

The tier 1 stuff is equivalent to Qvic after the powerscource is added to it. No one has really seen it yet. It's called Earth-emblazoned whatever. The legs have no avoidance so it's not an upgrade from Qvic legs, and it's only 230ish hps. I'm hopeful that there is another quest to upgrade the same armor, but more than likely it's similar to the tier 2 that came out in OOW that required CoA acess to complete. It's gotta be better than some of the stuff I'm using now, hehe.
Savage Lord Hokarz

kayisiss

Would there be any chance of saying how hard the mobs listed that drop the patterns are to do?  I know most of them are 1 groupable but what kind of tank would you need for it. 

I'm just trying to get a risk vs reward assesment.  I'm sure my guild like all 14 of us can get the easy trash mob drops but if these guys are hitting for 5 or 6k I don't know if our tank can handle that.  I believe hes around 11k hp no clue what gear he has.

So any idea?  Or are people acctually doing put together groups and xp/questing in TSS.  Since I haven't gotten the expansion yet.

This gear is probably one of the bigger reasons I may get this expansion surpisingly since I only solo 90% of the time and it now seems that even soloing is more dependent on gear now.

hokarz

It should be doable with an 11k tank, as long as he/she has all her defensive aa's, or most of them. Tanuk, the one who drops the chest pattern hits for 4k or so, if I remember right. No reason why you couldn't do the other pieces tho, and hit Tanuk last. The armor is level 71 required.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Taiglin

I three boxed several in Sunderock and Steppes. Haven't fought any in DW and IG. The arm dude in the steppes hit for just over 1k I think. I have 630 AAs, ~1600 AC, and 10k+ HP buffed if that gives you any idea. Healer was a druid and the fights really weren't close.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

hokarz

I've duo'd Chief Gudez in the steppes for the arm drops (damn caster arms) hit me max of 1285. Most of the hits were around 600. I had a cleric healing me and it wasnt' really a problem at all. Just took a little while, like 5 minutes to kill him. He summons and hit's pretty fast when he's not slowed. I had 1706ac and 11.1k hitpoints and 500 aa's, and level 72. It's an easy camp, once you find the right campfire. I just kept the area between me and the campfire cleared of the 2 or three mobs that spawn or path between the campfire and the zone edge. All the pulls were single. Still no arms, but I'm hopeful.
Savage Lord Hokarz

mogtoth1

I have done both the arms and chest up to tier 2 now. Nice items even though no focus is on them but neither is realy up to QVIC status. The big problem with them is the type 7 slots. This means that most of the augments I have and use cannot be fitted. I therfore end up losing large amounts of HP or focus's (even though they are scaled down). I will not be using them but am hoping that once tier 3 is figured out and we can do whatever is required they will upgrade into something superior to what I have. For anyone who isnt qvic flagged I would recomend them as they are better than most tother things pre QVIC.
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Timberghost

Quote from: Phumog on September 26, 2006, 02:19:42 PM
I have killed the Son of Severan over a dozen times and have yet to see the Leather pattern drop yet. Must be pretty rare. Not that I need it but just an FYI for those farming him.

We've stomped him dozens of times in the undead camps in Direwind.  It's pretty much random.  One night, we stomped him 10 times and got 6 chain and 4 silk.  Another night, we got a mix of plate and leather.  It's random.