Started by Epee, October 26, 2006, 11:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epee

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3762

Self explained on Alla. I just did the whole thing in 10 mins

LORE ITEM NO TRADE MAGIC ITEM AUGMENTATION
Augmentation Type: 7, 8
Weight: 0.0 Size: TINY
Slot Restrictions: EAR HEAD FACE NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGERS CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
HP: +50 Mana: +50 End: +50
Classes: All Classes
Races: All Races

Additional Modifiers:
  Attack: +15
  Mana Regeneration: +3

Fightclubx

when you /inspect the chest or /con it to get the reward it gives reward to whole group. thats handy to know cus it also dissapears for 5min when you get it, so instead of doing it for 1 person at a time be grouped and get it for a few peeps at once

iamweaver

Notice that the second person that you speak to is behind the Ashengate guardians, so you either need to do the quest series to obtain the Ashengate  Seal, or just hang around up at the gate until someone with a seal comes along and deactivates the guardian statues.  Once deactivated, they change color from dark gray to a light gray, and stay that way for a few ticks.

The first part of the Ashengate Seal quest series is annoying since the MOBs seem to double-spawn frequently, giving you abotu 8-9 per pull without an FD class. The mini-bosses in the second part of the quest are fairly tough; I think that our Tacvi-geared tank was getting hit for about 2.5-3K a hit with defensive on the harder-hitting mobs that quad, and the ramp or Ae ramp damage from there is not unnoticable, plus the skellly adds on the third MOB requre good CC who can take a few 2K pops in a row (they are resisty).
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Nusa

Or if you're a Vah Shir, sneaking past the guardians works fine too. Just make sure you're actually sneaking before you try...they con KOS even when they can't see you, so that indicator doesn't work.

iamweaver

Huh!  if sneak works, then I guess that anyone over 70 can do this quest using a goblin shroud.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)

Kanan

Quote from: iamweaver on November 01, 2006, 04:53:55 AM
plus the skellly adds on the third MOB requre good CC who can take a few 2K pops in a row (they are resisty).

Something we accidently did once that worked out sorta well:  Trigger the skellies, pull the scrum, and then evac to zi.  They'll stay up, but they'll be much simpler to pull that way (I am assuming you have a puller for it, since, in general, I prefer a puller over a mezzer for the dps they'll add)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

iamweaver

OK.  Did it with a level 69 Necro using goblin shroud. Since the augment is level 65 recommended, that might be the minimum level for the quest, but I have no toons between 53 and 69, so I cannot test that.

Kitathia

Someone in my guild tried this quest with a 60 level toon.. And.. couldn't get the quest. The quest was required level 70.. I don't know if you have a level 70+ be group/quest leader you can get it for lower levels.

Did the quest with a wizard took us all of 13 min to complete!

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

iamweaver

The Quest can be done at least as as low as level 65, according to notes on the quest  I did it at 69 on an alt, using a shroud to sneak/hide behind the guardians.

Dakitty

i did this with my 65 BST