Main Menu

OT Gate Hammer.. Iksar How To Guide.

Started by Junaru, January 19, 2004, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junaru

Well as stated in another thread on the old boards an Iksar Beastlord with zero negative faction hits to Venril Sathir faction needs 88 Sarnak War Braid turn ins to do the The New Worker quest and get the Worker Sledgemallet (AKA:OT Gate Hammer)

Start by collecting 88 Sarnak War Braid, 1 piece of Jade and buy in the bazaar either a Essence of Ogre, Essence of Troll or Essence of Dark Elf (can't confirm DE form but the other two I can). The potions cost anywhere from 150pp to 250pp. Click the illision potion and turn in the Sarnak War Braid 4 at a time to Captain Rottgrime. This should bring you to AMIABLY with your illision on. Now get a piece of Jade (can be purchased in OT) and give it to An Undead Foreman (stands near the main gate to the right while looking out) in return he will hand you a Worker Sledgemallet.

After turning in 88 Sarnak War Braid you WILL still be KOS without an illision. In order to get non-kos to Venril Sathir you need to turn in 128 Sarnak War Braid.

Good luck and I hope this helps..

Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Dorrogtr T`A

Very nice calculations, I prefer using the Puppet Strings myself. :mrgreen:

Man0warr

I am an iksar and with Dark Elf or Troll im still KOS, any way to do it still?
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

NoxCruor

Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Junaru

QuoteI am an iksar and with Dark Elf or Troll im still KOS, any way to do it still?

The only other way would be to charm the undead forman (AKA Puppet Strings).. He's very resistant so I suggest bring a Tash stick or an Enchanter/Bard/Shaman to debuff his resists.

With my Bard I charmed him to get my hammer. A little hint, once you charm him he tends to start walking away so have a /pet sit down button ready. You can just pull him near the mountain right inside the Outpost.. Nothing wonders over there and this way you don't have to pull him past a golum at the gates.
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Karthum

Any idea if this will work for a Kitty?  I can't imagine worse faction than an Ikky to start, but who knows.....

-K
Karhtum Whitestripes // Vah Shir Beastlord // Firiona Vie Server // Magelo //
Eyeama Silkentouch// High Elf Cleric // Magelo //

Mindlet

Anything charmed is automatically amiable so it doesn't matter what your starting faction is.

Junaru

Karthum I would be guessing here but I'm pretty sure it will work for Cat Beastlords.. My Bard was NOT kos in DE and he was also agnostic. My best advise would be to grab a potion and try it. Sneak might also help.

The charm method works for EVERYONE because a pet (any pet) is always amiable as Mindlet said.
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Man0warr

Finally got my hammer, got a guild ench to tash him for me then used puppet strings , make SURE you have a giant bag slot open, i thought i didn't get it but i found it in my rallic pack
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Aneya

Quote from: KarthumAny idea if this will work for a Kitty?  I can't imagine worse faction than an Ikky to start, but who knows.....

After 284 Sarnak War Braid Aneya got dubious faction with OT. Granted she had slightly hosed her VS faction previously so it might take less for a baseline kitty. Then I asked a chanter friend to cast DE illusion on me and presto Aneya has a new Worker Sledgemallet.

For some info on VS faction go http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?faction=156&mid=102666548412008 ">Here

Basicaly it says 4 war braids = 8 faction hits, 1 dragon kill = 20 faction hits. 600-900 faction his needed to go from glares threateningly to amiable. However, Illusion gives a approximately 1000 point faction boost so you can try to get the hammer at glares threateningly.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Zorthaz

I have seriosly trashed faction from hunting in KC.  Has anyone tried having an enchanter charm Captain Rottgrime so you could turn in the braids?  What faction do you need to turn in braids?  Could you charm this guy and turn in braids until you could get by just using a illusion potion?
Thanks,
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Junaru

Quote from: ZorthazI have seriosly trashed faction from hunting in KC.  Has anyone tried having an enchanter charm Captain Rottgrime so you could turn in the braids?  What faction do you need to turn in braids?  Could you charm this guy and turn in braids until you could get by just using a illusion potion?
Thanks,

That would work but I think you might be better off using Puppet Strings to charm the foreman.. It would be a lot less work and give you the same thing. If you hunted in KC it's going to take a lot of whips to fix your faction..

BTW Enchanter, Bard or Necro can all charm the captain..
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Hereki

Faction has a bottom limit; kill enough and you can't get any lower.  So in a way iksars may be better off, as hunting in KC/Kaesora/HS may make no difference to them provided it is before they start to quest the hammer.

Junaru

Quote from: HerekiFaction has a bottom limit; kill enough and you can't get any lower.  So in a way iksars may be better off, as hunting in KC/Kaesora/HS may make no difference to them provided it is before they start to quest the hammer.

On Iksar do not start out with bottom faction.. Killing in those fone can make you KOS even with a potion..
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

EmrysX

Thanks for this guide! I never realized it was even possible before I read this.

When I first used a potion I was dubious, so it was close heh.

Now I can go wreak havoc in KC or HS without worry heh.

My DE rog always uses his hammer even though he's KOS to VS. Really it's just a matter of waiting till nighttime when the goons are usually out.

Otherwise I just hit the ground running, no deaths yet!

Anyway, thanks for this great guide. It took me a full inv of whips to get to apprehensive, then a half inv to get to indiff, then another half to get to amiable...probably in the neighborhood of 120 or so whips. Granted I had already killed things in KC, including when I tanked VS himself harhar.
http://www.drew.idlegames.com/images/temp/sqlsig.jpg" />