Main Menu

OT Gate Hammer.. Iksar How To Guide.

Started by Junaru, January 19, 2004, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindlet

Quote from: ZorthazHas anyone tried having an enchanter charm Captain Rottgrime so you could turn in the braids?  What faction do you need to turn in braids?  Could you charm this guy and turn in braids until you could get by just using a illusion potion?

No you can't do this. Long time ago you used to be able to but they nerfed it. If you hand in mobs to a charmed mob you will get the reward for the hand in but you will not get any faction.

Konji

Puppet Strings and anyone can do it,
Check my upper right hand bag on my magelo. :)
And im a kitty.

Llorath

When YOU charm something, the mob is amiable to YOU, but indifferent to everyone else.

I believe you need amiable faction at a minimum for this quest, so you can not have anyone charm the mob FOR you.

Long time ago i tried to charm this mob for guildies ( as my enchanter, level 60 before PoP ), and he was VERY resistant.

I used dictate to get the hammer for my enchanter, but i have one on my kitty cause never felt like i needed it.

RabidMonkey

Soo is it possible to do it if someone else has it charmed?...as the pet will be indiff? im bit confused..
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

Hereki

My understanding is that you can have someone else charm Capt Rottgrime so that you can hand in Berzerker braids to increase your faction; but that you can't have someone else charm the undead Foreman to get the hammer directly.

Sardarni

As for charming Capt. Rottgrime for braid turn in, why bother.  Get an ogre or troll illusion potion.  I just got and banked (in PoK) lots of the braids, filled up my bags , drank potion.  I turned in the braids, refilled at the nearby bank, and turned in more.  Since I had lots of stuff in my bank, I had to use about 3 sets of turn-ins.
Do you think my froggy pally can do the quest?

Dumpty

vah shir get sneak, which makes u indiff to mobs from behind and able to turnin braids for faction.  If you got creative and got help from another class or two you could load up on braids and do some form of single/fd pull capt out of fort and have someone root him out there whiel you sneak behind.

similarily, theoretically if he was held rooted outside fort, he could be lulled to reduce aggro range whereby anyone could initiate a hand in, get invised to become indif and then press trade.  this would take hours long coordinated effort of at least a few people though to try out, id examine the possiblilty of my pally alt i want a hammer for but his class along with many bad VS fac hits makes trying to find puppet strings a lot easier than farming 1000braids and trying to find help.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev