Main Menu

Different kind of 2-box:

Started by Jaah, April 27, 2007, 08:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaah

Hey guys, Dummul, 65 BST of FV here.  An oldschool player and RL friend of mine (he quit when PoP came out) has decided to come back and duo with me.  Since we will be playing on FV, we have quite an interesting situation-we can buy very good gear, and with two of us farming twink loot we can make some pretty good money to buy nice stuff.  With this in mind, we would like to duo places like ToV (and other velious stuff), some luclin, etc.  Pretty much we would be farming the best loot available without rec/req lvls.  So, anyways--to do this without absolutely stellar (but still pretty good) gear, what class would work out the best?  I was thinking along the lines of cleric/pally for the tanking/heal ability (as clerics are supposed to have pretty decent tanking DPS, and pally wouldn't be terrible DPS as we could buy him a pretty nice weapon setup) but I'm not sure--I am not confident in my own tanking ability as I only have 35ish AAs, whereas a pally or cleric would have much better mitigation and healing ability....Anyways, any replies are very appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Gunzak

You should have no problem with a Cleric/Beast, Shaman/Beast or Druid/Beast in Temple of Veeshan or Luclin named.  I know Beastlords can solo in ToV and the actual named dragons can be 3 boxed.  As for named in places like Umbral Plains or Griegs End you should have no problem with a healer and your Beastlord tanking.  I have tanked Servitor of Luclin with a Cleric healing me and I have soloed Gantru Dralkenr in UP at level 69.  I have never tried Grieg, Rumblecrush or Zelnithak but I know Zelnithak has been soloed by Beastlords with mediocre gear.

It might be fun to kill all those older content mobs but you wont make a lot doing it.  The gear sells for very little now.  When I killed SoL I gave one item away and the other two items I sold for very little in the bazaar.  As for UP or ToV gear I expect you would get very little for selling it.  You might get some cash for the tunics or legs but probably nothing else in ToV.

One option would be to get alt access flag for Tower of Solusek Ro and then kill mobs for Ornate drops.  It doesn't sell for much anymore but it is semi descent gear from very easy kills.  One thing to remember if going there is almost every pull will be doubles and there is no exit from the zone.  The mobs are 100% slowable as they don't mitigate slow at all.  Max hit is around 650 or so but average is far less.

Other options are to kill Fellspine in Sirens Grotto.  His belt has 34% haste and no required level.  You can sell it for 12-15k or use it yourself.  If you feel frisky you can try Kelorek`Dar in Cobalt Scar but without my Druid constantly spamming heals I would have died on him.  I have killed him twice and he drops lots of spells, a few weapons, a haste cloak, Sea Dragon Meat and a few other items.  All but the cloak and meat sold for very little or I sold it to a vendor.

One other option is to gear him up using DoN armor and augs.  Last time I checked I purchased a ton of crystals for 19pp each.  Price changes daily though so just wait till price is good before you buy.

JillieMT

If you want to make some cash...

I spent a few weeks just farming AA's in Blackfeather Roost when I was around 68. All the bears and pumas and snakes drop stackable teeth and claws that sell for 24-40pp apiece from vendors. I bet I probably made about 500kpp just off that junk. Easy peasy.

A pair of you could easily move on up the islands and take out the griffons and harpies too, which drop same sort of stuff (wing pinions or something like that).

There are also a couple of neat augs and good twink loot there too.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Jaah

Ok, to clarify-I have plenty of cash to gear up my friend, was just looking for a good partner for taking down reasonably big oldschool mobs and such for possibly some better gear every now and then when we get 70-75.  Anyways, thanks a bunch for the replies and keep them coming! :)