Main Menu

Stardock's Multiplicity

Started by JillieMT, August 12, 2007, 03:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JillieMT

Heya everyone.

Anyone ever use Multiplicity for boxing, using two computers? You can apparently set the monitors from each computer side by side, and by moving the cursor over, it will jump over to the other screen, allowing you to control the other PC from the same mouse and keyboard.

Anyone using this?

http://www.stardock.com/products/multiplicitypro/?mid=87
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Inphared

I have a two-monitor setup, and I just have each of mine plugged into a different port on my PC - one via DVI and one via Analog. Windows comes with a function that allows you to automatically set up two monitors without the use of a third party program. I can PM/post instructions if you're interested.

JillieMT

Thanks Inphared.

But we actually have two PC's, that I would like to run side-by-side, and this program looks extremely interesting for that.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Khauruk

I don't like that myself, since I'll often just "throw" the cursor to one side of the screen when I'm not sure where it is, and run it up and down to spot it...I also have most of the information I need setup on each side of the screen (spell gems, hotbuttons, etc,....), so I like being able to 'throw' it over there quickly, and do what I need.

I think the programmable keyboard you have on the second box would be sufficient/favorable for my style, but each has their own style.

Sounds like a good idea though, if you have the PCs networked.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

I tested it out on 2 PCs that I have on separate monitors and I usually use a 2 port KVM to switch the keyboard and mouse.  I set it up on both PCs.  I sent my main's PC to primary and my BOT's PC to secondary.  At the desktop level you can have it darken the monitor that does not have the keyboard.  This makes it easy to tell which screen you are working with.

When you run EQ full screen on both PCs, the screens don't darken, but flicker once as you move the mouse from screen to screen.  I tested it with 2 toons in the tutorial zone and it worked fine.  I was able to move the mouse from screen to screen and the keyboard followed.  I did have one issue where I lost the ability to click with a mouse or use the keyboard within EQ on the main computer.  I had to ATL-TAB out and kill EQ and restart to get it back.  I was never able to recreate the problem.   I also tend to put all my spells along the edge of the screen and from time to time I was jumping to the other screen trying to click on a spell.

All in all, a very interesting product.
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

MTBoxer

Have you tried Synergy?  http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

It sounds like what you are looking for, and it's freeware.  It takes a little work to get it set up, but once it's going it workse great.  It also has some other very impressive capabilities for sending keystrokes to other sessions from your primary session that really are nice for EQ.