Main Menu

How to find the Animist in CT (screenshots)

Started by Kebrarn, September 17, 2004, 11:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

I got my bot 61 Druid and suicide kited all the named out of the way, was cake after that.
67 Beastlord
The Rathe

Pantheras

Took 2 tries to get it right. Did the sneak/invis/lev thing up the pyramid.

First time I got stuck just as a see invis mob turned to look at me. Let Spot deal with him. Got an add. Decided to regroup so I used my thurg gate potion.

Second try I got to the top without incident. Zipped around to the front of the pyramid. Dropped down in front of the entrance went in far enough that I could see the pools, turned South East and ran till I saw the ogre in the pool. Did my turn in, got back the letter. Used my just made thurg gate potion to get out.

Kaaihn

I just tried this as my Necro, but didnt have any luck.  I ran around to the back and feign deathed to clear the aggro from the mobs I had so far, but I kept getting cast on and having feign broken and killed.

Can any of the necro's that did this post any details?  Do you have to run straight thru and not feign until you are at the top or something?

Rhugan

If you have access to a druid this portion of the epic is cake.  Invis to the temple as normal.  If there is a see invis mob at the entrance harmony the others and and pull him.  After they are dead get lev and invis up.  Then move around to the bottom left corner of the pyramid.  Watch for roamers and have the druid harmony all the mobs on the corner.  Invis up and run by.  Do this again in the upper left corner and move onto the stairs.  At the top of the stairs you will see a slight incline on the outside of what forms the outside wall of the first level.  Get on that incline and you can run your way all the way to the top without any agro whatsoever.  Once you reach the level with the entrance to the inner pyramid go around to the front.  The squidfaced guards do not see invis and once your inside you will not gain any agro if you drop invis.  The tank that the ogre is in is 1 level down to the right as you enter.  levitate down to the tank next to it and use the connecting ramp to walk up to the ogre tank.  Make sure you get into the tank to do your turn in then leave.  No need to do the text.

I have done this for 4 other beastlords and it worked flawlessly every single time.

Merescata

Are the pics in the original post no longer avail?
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Wrot

Thanks for the info. Tried this with my bst twice but didn't make it to the first steps at temple. Came back and corpse dragged with my nec, and realized I did not stand a chance on bst. There were way too many see invis. Dragged to the slim walkway above the pools and rezzed, did turn in just fine after.
Wrot
Caph
Luclin

thukthuk and gator

OK not wanting to bother my friends or guild and basically wanting to see what I could do on my own I came upon this solution.

1) Load up friends bard (60+)
2) Max buff including Levitate
3) Invis both Bard and Beastlord to the "entrance" of the temple area before the stairs
4) Place letter on your cursor
5) Have bard hit the group wtih Selo's
6) Have bard play DA song
7) Hightail it to the mob and do your turn in
8) Die
9) Load up friends Nec/SK for SC
10) Load up friends CLR for rez

First off I know not everybody has access to a friends Nec/Brd/Clr but if ya got friends willing to help it only takes 18 seconds!!!

I would HIGHLY suggest making a Halfing Rog (cus they get sneak and hide both off the bat) and making a couple of practice runs with just SoW and Levitate.  Be warned though that going from Sneaking speed to full out Selo speed is quite a change and I failed my first attempt at this suicide run.  Get some practice then take your time, you will have plenty.

Hope this helps at least 1 other person out there that tries to be as little as a burden to his friends/guild as I do.
Thukthuk and Baron Gator <Arete> E'ci Server

Thuky's Gear

Kebrarn

Quote from: VoidstalkerNo pics?
sorry about that.  images fixed now
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

slipknautt

heres one for ya.  use levi and invise. and get a tank thats willing to die. dont gro with tank, and have him run to corner where the mob that sees inv is to left  when ya get up stars after the maze. while hes keeping them busy, run over to the side where you start up the walls of the pyramid. ( be invable ) run straight up and when ya hit the top of temple,  do a /quit and   whala. wait a little while and log on. worked for me.

Mrcoolies

Hi
Pictures still broken.. iam realy having a hard time on this hehe

Killian22

this guide was a great help took me 3 times to get it down then ran naked up to the top of the temple cause my body was up there and PoK was down so no guild lobby , looted up, reinvised and did my turn in. Its not easy you just have to be careful of the see invis mobs and haul butt. Great post on this once again  :-)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=933246 Makaril Itzafish - 63 - Beastlord - Maelin

Jkal_Shihar

Bah, up to this point and the pictures are broke.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Jikaabx

Jzath

I took a group up, slaughtering along the way.  When I looked down off the bridge at the pools below, I saw letters moving around for the Animist's name. 

I thought inside there was really nice.  I never would have visited there if not for the epic hunt.  One of the hidden gems, I think.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044