Main Menu

BEAR GLOAL NPC MODEL, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

Started by Fremder, June 11, 2006, 07:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constaq

that bear has no teefus! (teeth)  ....  And it can fly? lol  .. I would love new ldon bear. and id like my  bear (CoA foci) to hit as hard as my mage's 68 pet (ldon foci) /cry

Bear with  Mage aura 112
68 water pet  118

why dont we get  spam (turd herds) anyway?

Shieara

I don't think that swarm pets(assuming that's what you mean) make very much sense to the class.  My concept of a beastlord is someone that bonds with a specific animal and tries to emulate its characteristics.  But that is the rper in me.

As far as the bear models, I agree they need an update.  I think they are the only beastlord pet model that is pre-luclin.  I think that the bear model used in PoStorms would be decent.  I would like to see tigers updated to the new models as well, and a return to 'gators for our troll brethern (PoN gator = yes).  You might want to take this to the shaman boards as well.  I believe they have a spell or aa that turns them into a bear?  I think it is a bit low-level but might be able to gather some support there too.

Ikkorus

Quote from: Shieara on June 27, 2006, 02:27:22 AM
I don't think that swarm pets(assuming that's what you mean) make very much sense to the class.  My concept of a beastlord is someone that bonds with a specific animal and tries to emulate its characteristics.  But that is the rper in me.

As far as the bear models, I agree they need an update.  I think they are the only beastlord pet model that is pre-luclin.  I think that the bear model used in PoStorms would be decent.  I would like to see tigers updated to the new models as well, and a return to 'gators for our troll brethern (PoN gator = yes).  You might want to take this to the shaman boards as well.  I believe they have a spell or aa that turns them into a bear?  I think it is a bit low-level but might be able to gather some support there too.

Iksar pet is unchanged.

Bananea

I'm playing a shaman now too, and they get 3 bear forms, 2 are brown bears 1 is polar bear.

They could easily change the brown bear model to the newer one of PoStorms or Nedaria and push that to Ogre pets and Shaman bear forms.

Anyways, you have my support :)

Vidyne

erm pet models are ok for me, I agree though that the Bear is a bit dated and...  polygonal..   if thats a word.
Trolls lost their proud warder and still don't have him back.   The Troll warder looked best of all warders.  Gater > all IMO
As for Cats, I wouldnt mind the new model, but I'd really like a color change, as stated somewhere else in this thread.. 
At one time I thought they were entertaining the idea of having our tiger turn white(siberian) when it was focused vs unfocused.
I wouldn't mind something like that.
Maybe a reward that pet focus changes its color, or Epic 1.5 or 2.0 allows you to change its color... I dunno.
I don't necessarily want a pick and choose pet or color system.. though it would be nice.
However I just want a little distinguishment and change. 

I've played for a short  time.. 3years..  have 1200aa, every single pet,  Minion of Eternity focus, and almost a full spell book(still can't make myself roll on 70s when all we get is fero of I and our disease dot.. as I can't remember if we get the dot first or the fero... and I'm not taking a rune for a junk fero upgrade when it will help a cleric get HoC).  When I summon my warder he looks the same as he did 3 years ago...  same color.. same model...  everything.  Not a big issue, but gets kinda bland having to look at the same thing all the time.
Would love to just have him turn white with black stripes.

kaplunk

Bear size is my main gripe as an ogre bsty, i find it annoying i have to shrink him twice everytime i summon him to even be able to see my targets, its rediculous.

Stumps_Bertox

Yeah, the size is annoying with a new summon, especially on a raid. Although I do  like to summon a new bear pet and park it in the GH pool...
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Yoggi

I also am a Ogre Beast.  I liked it when our bear pet changed from black to brown.  I would like to see an update to the bears of EQ.  But honestly his looks are the least of my worries.  I'll do some feedback for some updates to them like they did to wolves and orcs.   I like the size of the new pet when he is first summoned.  Ture is almost the same size as unshrunk bear pet.
Click image for Magelo

[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul was hit by non-melee for 16981
[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Yoggi scores a critical hit! (16978)
Proud Officer/RL of SoS
80 Beastlord of Maelin