Main Menu

PLing my beast

Started by Sazthar, December 13, 2005, 10:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sazthar

hello everyone... i have a question... i am currently working on my beastlord. he is lvl 50 and has decent gear ( its not great but whatever lol, i'll post magelo soon ) and i am using my 69 cleric to PL him with... cleric is mostly time gear'd so i got clicky reverse 34 DS + with potions i do about 60 every time they hit me... its nice lol... anyways my question was i also have a 50 chanter on the 3rd and last account... should i use this chanter or would it be to hard to control these 3 characters? lastly i am gonna be doing all my PLing in velks... at what lvl does exp start to suck there? lol sorry for my bad grammer and spelling in advanced :P

Chickennuggets

IMO chanter = easy bot.  Use it... at least to lvl 60 to be able to KEI yourself whenever you want.  The exp in that zone (if it's the one I'm thinking of... early and no coffee) is decent until high 50s or so, and starts really slowing down as you aproach 62... which is then the move to BoT.  Again... if I'm thinking of the right place, they are all undead so no snare class won't hurt you.  I would camp at the drop off next to the ramp to run up to get out.  Can pull that courtyard, or from inside nobles.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Utqnia

If you are leaving the cleric out of group, I would suggest hitting the high xp mod zones from the old world.

The Hole and then Chardok B.

These old world mobs have no hitpoints, and die quickly.  I wouldnt use a chanter, if you are big into this and want to go all out, roll a wizard.  Ports and easy bot + snare = $$

GL

Xular

i would box the chanter becuase u can slow , mez if things get bad, and give mana buffs  :-P u would hardly play ur chanter , hotkeys 4tw dood!

Polanski

For lvls 1-46 just solo with the alt and have the cleric mark (the lvl 65 and 69 marks stack) and heal with HoT spells. Any targetable DS items (ragefire arms, VT gloves) help out a lot too. The DS damage from the mark spells do not work like regular DSes, IE, if a mob is killed only by the DS on the marks it will still leave a corpse and give exp.

Once you get to 46, clerics are the hands down best PLer for people lvl 46-59. The catch is you must have your 69 DON spell and some decent gear.

Group your alt with the cleric and head to the local hotspot for your level. Set the alt someplace safe, but still in range for exp. On your cleric stack up as much DS as you can, pop on ward of retribution, and go grab about 15-20 mobs. Run them to a corner and keep yourself alive while the ward kills off all the mobs. The alt gets exp for all this, even though its reduced for being grouped its still amazing exp (especially with the 1st vet reward). The better geared your cleric is the easier it is to PL in this fashion.

While all this is happening, your alts chat box should look something like this:

When the war events ended and frogs were able to become SKs/necro/rogues I made a froglok SK just for something to do. I got him to lvl 59 with 107 AA's in just under 1 day 12 hours on /played (including the time it took gearing him up, doing an 8th coldain ring, eyepatch of plunder, and  camping lord bergurgle for the cleric 1.0).

When I got him to 47 I used the above method to PL to 51 in the grey. Then at 51 I did it in the south and west wings of HS which was just perfect for using this method with the abundance of weak kunark mobs and corners to pull to. At 55 I went to AA's since I figured this was the best exp I'd ever have. Grinded out almost every archetype AA, and banked 23 for class AA's. After 55 I find this method gets slower and harder to do, and I wouldnt recommend doing it past 59.
Polanski the Butterscotch Golem
Elephi the Plaid Elephant
Felde the Purple Gorilla
Vivie the Yummy Gummy Gnome
Taie the Gingerbread General
Khallus the Cookie Commissioner

Royal Order of Candy
Fennin Ro