Main Menu

Ding 75 ....3 Days After Release, Where I Leveled Hope it Helps

Started by Rathex Steelscale, September 26, 2006, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathex Steelscale

For those who have been asking, and may be having trouble with the levels,
I will break down where I was and at what level.

70 - 72    Accursed Nest     "Black Wing" 

Instead of fighting for camps in new zones, myself and a few friends opened up a Nest and Just continuously
Killed until time ran out.  Not only was exp great but it ueilded many Metalic Drake Scakes and Glossy Drake Hides

72 - 74    Accursed Nest       "Origins of the Curse"

Acording to some of my guild mates who had run a few parce tests, this mission is the best for exp. 

74 - 75    Direwind Cliffs      " Son of Severan Camp "

A few hard hitters here so you might need a decent group.  But exp came along very well to 75, and it
was a nice change from the Accursed Nest.

Hope this helps all.  Good Luck and Good Hunting

Rathex Steelscale  ( Five Rings )
75 Beastlord
Luclin Server

Kanan

I did an anguish aug run last night.  Pop lessons early (prolly shoulda popped it later, when I was in the keep proper honestly) and got 26% of 74 in that run.  I think it was abt 2 hrs, but that is still far better than 69.1s were.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rathex Steelscale

Did a test run in anguish just to see what the rate of exp would be.  We found out that the kill ratio for the mobs are fairly slower
than kills in Origins of the curse.  So at the rate you are killing mobs in Oragins or nest are fairly faster than in anguish.

The parce tests done were out of:

69.1 DoDh Spell Mission
  Oragins of the Curse
  Black Wing
  Anguish

This test was Pre TSS Release.  Upon reaching Lvl 74, we took a group to the dire wind Son of Severan camp and the kill ratio
at 74 was as high or higher than The pre release tests.

On a side note:  It was better at 74 to try the new camps and have a chance of picking up a teir 2 spell and teir 1 armor molds & patterns.  The patterns I have turned in were the legs and the boots to the 71 quest giver in crecent reach.  Tacv quality, which would not replace any of my gear but the lvl 75 quest giver on the top floor allows the quest to go on further once teir 1 has been completed.
Which tells me that armor could possibly go to teir 2 or greater.

Ancient Boot Pattern + 2 Frosted hides yeilds the boots

Anything else I can help with or anything wrong with any info I am posting feel free to send me an in game tell.

Rathex Steelscale
75 Beastlord
Five Rings
Luclin

Discordant

For regular exp:

From 70-73, Icefall bears and wolves are hard to beat. From 73-75, shrooms in Direwind are also hard to beat.

These are probably the two most contested camps in those two zones now, but I was lucky enough to have been there for the first 20 or so hours after the expansion came out.

For AA exp:

I really liked Frostcrypt the few times I've been there.  Direwind seems slow at most every camp, except black legions.