Main Menu

Proposal for SOF Ideas for Beastlords

Started by Mewzee, August 24, 2007, 12:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Humlaine on October 30, 2007, 12:43:09 PM
Now I will say the expansion brings alot of positives to our class, there are a few things I am not happy about but alot of good stuff! I will be posting when NDA is lifted on what's what and such no need to worry.

As a casual player I only ask that you look at what the other classes are gaining/losing also and compare them to us.  If the net result is more utility for us....GOOD!!! but if the result is what we have recieved in the past which is the short end of the stick....(CENSOR)!!!

In another way...
If they are finally giving us a new shiny Chevy(What we have been asking for) but giving everyone else in the community a Ferrari then we may be getting what we want but in the end we are still getting shafted compared to the community.

I'm not in the beta (no shock if you know me) but you are as well as others who frequent these boards so mabye people can do some snooping and look at what others have on there slate so if we aren't getting the "Ferrari" (compared to others) we can make sure as a class no one else will /grin

Hope all turns out well for us and we get the "Ferrari" like everyone else =)

-Grimwar (Prexus)
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Khauruk

Quote from: Humlaine on October 30, 2007, 09:18:56 PM
I am disappointed as a whole, but thats just me, overall there's alot of good things comming out,  if your gonna try and use my own words against me it wont work, I don't play like that and I wont let people badger me or any other person on these forums. Cant a person be frustrated without people using it against them? or is everyone here bitter?

A - most people here are bitter, aye.  You'll find that on most class forums, however.  It's bound to happen in any game this old, imo.

B - In the two quotes above, you were mostly positive in one (to the extent of using an exclamation point), and mostly negative in the other.  Think whatever you want about the system/upcoming features/devs/beta process, but please be consistent.  Being a CC, people will pay some attention to you - consistency is needed to have any chance of community support.  Nobody's trying to use your words against you (to what end, I don't even know)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sikkem

Quote from: Humlaine on October 30, 2007, 09:18:56 PM
I am disappointed as a whole, but thats just me, overall there's alot of good things comming out,  if your gonna try and use my own words against me it wont work, I don't play like that and I wont let people badger me or any other person on these forums. Cant a person be frustrated without people using it against them? or is everyone here bitter?

Mate you posted that you were disappointed in what you had seen so far and the lack of effort from the devs. Then 3 days later there are only a few things your not happy with and a lot of good stuff.  :?

What I posted wasn't badgering (how can you badger someone with one post?) or using your own words against you (paranoid much?), you did a back flip on how you see the progression of our class.

I asked why the change, now I see you are disappointed as a whole but there are a lot of good things coming out. I would take that to mean there are some good things in general (or for other classes) but the beastlord class is once again getting screwed.

Please tell me I am wrong, and I really hope there isn't another Ferocity spell in our line-up, the devs have admitted on more than one occasion there  is nothing they can do to improve the spell and it doesn't actually do anything yet they keep giving us mana hog upgrades.  :|

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Blarp

Hum is Right  there is alot of good thigns Inc for us, but as a Whole for SoF ita so so not what i want but i'll take it far betetr then  in the past i think. you all will seee. give him like a week or 2 to show ya st hand then SoE lets us talk aboult it Dam lockdowns ya know =-P.

Gxser

It was time for me to De-Tag Gxser from the raiding guild he was in. It's a simple logic that really P***** me off , yet it's a realistic logic nonetheless .

Gxser is a maxed out beastlord that has no usefulness in a raid = no reason to be in a raiding guild.

The new expansion Blows hard , thats a very close and real opinion most will probably have = Raiding Bst will still be useless in a raiding guild.

I have made a zerker currently level 50, knowing I put 6 years into Gxser and hes maxed, duoing/soloing this zerker will be an even greater challenge that does not require a raiding guild and has no place in a raiding guild until flags/keys/levels/AA's can warrant it.

All this means one thing, the classs I enjoy the most, the reason why I never played an alt or even made an alt until a couple of months ago, has went down the drain, currently searching for lower depths of sewer sludge to lay itself in.

These opinions are my own.
These opinions are based on my 6 years of knowledge of my Beastlord.

I'm not interested in those that try and play make believe that this Class is not currently hosed. If I had to dig deep down and come up with one word to describe SoF and our class it would be "Disappointed". Although that really has been the story of most of our lives anyway, so in the end = nothing new.

Here's hoping that before EQ goes into retirement, SoE will give me a reason to pull my Beastlord out of his retirement for one last Hoorah!

Peace
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Inphared

Clearly making everyone in the raid regenerate 1680 mana and 3600 hitpoints is useless.

Gxser

Clearly . nice to see we are in agreement. Of course most bsts are. It's a shame that so many other classes seem to dictate what we can and cannot have to the point brink of extinction. Although when their class is falling on hard times then the unity begins gotta love it.
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Maylian

Quote from: Inphared on November 01, 2007, 05:29:53 AM
Clearly making everyone in the raid regenerate 1680 mana and 3600 hitpoints is useless.

Think you need to be careful about what you say there Inphared. Currently we get a whooping 140mana regen from max'd paragon. For an amazing 840total mana, approximately 5% of a mana pool in todays standards for a modest 16k mana pool. According to Lucy max level Paragon is 1440, which is probably the SoF paragon, yet raid mana pools are going up to around 30-40k? This equates to just under 5% or 4% in SoF terms, hardly class defining.

I posted a message on the SoE boards about a character exchange service they could provide where you do a one off class switch to a comparably geared and AA'd new class. That post got removed extremely quickly by moderators though. I don't think that SoE are getting the idea that we want to see a return to the utility that we once had, with slow being phased out we have nothing else apart from a small regen buff and some useless hp buffs.

Mewzee

Jesus christ, I think Im gonna end up retiring or something :(....

Spells are not getting the needed attention nor feedback from us beta testers (yes i was in beta), and tons of ideas for AAs, spells and feedback I have provided to the devs have not gotten much response at all....

I like a few things they are giving us in SOF, but I agree that in the end I think everything is gonna be a disappointment...unless all the sudden when SOF live comes out, they happened to take out their heads from their bootys and listened to the player base and fixed everything they fugged up in 3 days or something...

deep sigh.....

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Sikkem

Quote from: Mewzee on November 01, 2007, 10:30:53 AM
Spells are not getting the needed attention nor feedback from us beta testers (yes i was in beta), and tons of ideas for AAs, spells and feedback I have provided to the devs have not gotten much response at all....

Sadly Mewzee the problem you are having is that if you do a /who all Mewzee it comes up as Beastlord. If it is anything like the TBS Beta to get any feedback on beastlord spells or to get any changes made it should come back as Magician.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Maylian

Mages are in a very similar position, possibly even worse than bsts. If you want spell feedback and work carried out on them then be a wizard or cleric, they are the only two casters worth the time....

Khauruk

Casters in a "good" place right now:
Cleric - though (rightfully) pissy about group-CH nerf.  72% spell effectiveness lost!
Shaman (mostly)
Wizard - very yes
Necro (sorta)

Bad:
Mage (the worst)
Druid (pretty easily fixed, but serious problems atm)
Chanter (nfc what next expansion will do though, I doubt enough, even given the rumors that having an enc in group will boost everybody's xp and whatnot.)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

maxawesome

Quote from: Khauruk on November 01, 2007, 01:28:27 PM
Chanter (nfc what next expansion will do though, I doubt enough, even given the rumors that having an enc in group will boost everybody's xp and whatnot.)

That would be the lamest idea evar. Evar. That's like saying if you pick the best kickball player, you have to take the fat kid too.

That aside, I think you guys are starting to realize why I stopped levelling my 3rd bst at 66 (only for a couple easily obtained TSS gear items), in favor of my necro.

If I can't have raid utility, or hell, even group preference, at least give me godly soloability. Beastlords have and will receive neither. Ever. Adjust to that.

Humlaine

ok, I am going to be blunt here, your asking for the Queens jewels and well, you aren't going to get those right off the bat, I am sorry it just isn't going to happen, you can not expect 1000% turn around, even more so from SoE.  That being said we are moving in a good direction, there is alot of good things for us in the next expansion.  Improvements are comming to our class as a whole,  More so for the grouping bst actually then the raiding one.  Our class is a work in progress just give it some time.

maxawesome

Logical scalability == Queen's Jewels???

BST has been a broken class since PoP. The changes in SoF are too little, too late, as far as I'm concerned. They need to retroactively FIX essential parts of the class. Not bandaid some shit together and charge me $30 for what they should have done for my $15/mo already.

Perhaps BST will be a viable class again at level 100....I won't suffer the boredom of levels 66-99 to find out.