Main Menu

Pet spam, etc...

Started by Dysz, August 14, 2004, 02:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gakania

Im using the action windows as a second hotbutton bank, screenie action window is on bottom left, you can press those even when casting.

For spam i have 2 different windows, top right is all useless spam like pet spam, etc, just filter the "other" to window you wish the spam go and rest you need to know on their own windows.
I have just raid, guild, ooc, shout, group and non melee dmg going on main window so i wont have any problems seein whats been said on raids  :wink:

Kitana

Quote from: Dysz1) Raid spam

On raids with 4+ pet casters who use their pet hold/back off hotkey after EVERY mob, the spam is ridiculous, nearly an entire box of my chat (and I use a bigger resolution than default, i cant imagine on 800x600).  Please change hold and back off messages to tells, like suspended minion and pet attack.  Absolutely no reason for that to be public, other than somehow 'proving' you have pet hold, which is a ridiculous concept to begin with.

I was going to suggest this very issue but found you had already touched on it.  I'd imagine there is a way to code so that pet messages would be readable only by the beastlord.  It sure does make for a lot of unncessisary spam on raids.  Please dev's look into this!!!!

Quote from: EatbugsGuildmember tells you, 'Is there any way to filter out all that "Waiting for your order to attack, Master!" stuff?'

You tell Guildmember, 'No, but isn't he just the cutest darn newt you've ever seen??!'

Guildmember tells you, '...'

lol yeah, exactly

Warrl

for targeting on raids use the raid window click on persons name and they are targeted so long as they are in range. If I get the do not see them or OOR message I tell them you want teh buff stay in range LOL.
Warrl Loreweaver
70 Feral Lord
CT Praxium

tkyn

Using the raid targetting window isn't nearly has handy as making a hotkey for something like fero for raids. I have one set up for each of the four people I try to keep the rot up on. Its incredibly annoying to hit the hotkey and get the "cannot see your target" message, only to look up and see the person standing nearby. It really should be LoS just like the previous poster mentioned. If you can click on em, you should be able to target with /tar, IMHO.

And for the love of Sha, please please please turn off the messages of bard songs wearing off our pets. The spammage on raids makes the messages for regular spells wearing off useless.
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

Siodan

i personaly would HATE haveing my pet mesages sending me tells like Suspend minion, i have to yse my tells to look for buff requests and people talking to me, with the pet spam me and every other pet class would be very easyly miss those imortant stuff. They simply should code it to where pet messages can be filltered out just like spell casting messages,others melee, mod misses, ect ect.. i like getting to see my pet messages, but like others i'm not worried about others pets and stuff sometimes, and when the spam starts flowing it can get a bit cluttered. I'm used to it and have my windows set up to where it don't confuse me too much.

As for not being able to use hotkeys during cast, yea this sucks and where hitting a hotkey takes a split second, grabing your mouse finding that blasted curser (it gets lost on my screan all the time) and then hitting the pet hold button, it you even have a pet hold button on your pet window, takes alot more time then ducking out of the spell or let pet die(when mobs enrage not even the split second to hit the hotkey is sometimes fast enough),  useing the typeing comands are ok if you can remember.  I just don't see why everyone couldn't be able to use some hotkeys wheather casting or not, if you can click the hotkey with your mouse and it works what can't you hit the key and it works? Things like pet comands,assists,and a few otehrs i can't think of atm work if you click your mouse on them while casting but the time to click on it takes preciouse seconds.

for targeting, yea the range is quite small and annoying when you could cast a sell on them way before they are in targeting range. I used to use the raid window or the /target <blah blah> but it is still anoying that i can see the person off in the distance and even click target them but can't target them any other way. I use /rt alot now and just move round and spam it a bit if i can't target them at first, and just remember the names of tells to target later. If they want the buff fast they have to do as i do and find the person and pretend to be their shadow a bit till i get it.

and the wears of messages, bard/ward spam on pets is annoying and cupled with mezzes it makes it almost imposible to know when your pet has a REAL spell wear off ot the mob or alot of other things that is in whatever window you have the wear off messages. We should be able to filter pet wear off messages and even mez messages seprate from the "your spell wears off" messages, even just being able to assign a difrent collor to the pet wears off messages would help.  I wouldn't mind getting to put the "<target> has been awakened by blah blah" in another window too, when there about 20 mobs in camp in raid and they mezzed/broken/mezzed broken....it kinda fills about any window very very fast.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa