Main Menu

Cazic Thule possible? Any thoughts?

Started by GroggettFV, April 08, 2004, 12:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroggettFV

Greetings,

I used to LOVE the old CT zone (with a previously-played, now retired druid) and was wondering, after the revamp if this is a place I could solo as a 65 beast with about 100 AAs (I have them scattered about mostly but I have most of the offensive ones and CS3, CA3 and LR3) and mostly ornate stuff (and equivalent other slots) as equipment. Sorry I cannot give more details on my AAs (I really do not know them all off the top of my head and can't access much here at work). If anyone has hunted here and has comments I would really appreciate them. Not really looking for massive experience or loot, just some fun with an old zone, but if there are nice loot camps or experience locations I would not turn down the advice! Thank you all in advance for your comments, they have been VERY helpful in my development thus far!

Be well!
Elder Groggett Warderherder
Season 65 Feral Lord - FV

Tastian

Will depend some on where your AA's are and how you play as well.  On most pulls you'll get multiples at first.  Then you can stagger spawn and things will be easier.  The main loot camp you could do is down in pools going for boots/ring/earring.  I'm not sure how well you personally could handle it though since I don't know your gear/AA/ability hehe.  I haven't been back to CT in awhile, but I hung out for a bit one night just getting blood and stuff up top for a friend.  The single mobs aren't too hard.  Hit around 200, fully slowable.  Watch out for some of the casters with AE's.  It's not going to be great exp or anything, but if you are just looking for fun I'd kill some mobs around the zin and see how you are fairing.  If you get really bored then try further in.

Argach

I remember trying the ZI ages ago and barely managing the first double pull. Can't remember what gear/AA I had back then, though. Anyways, CT is kinda hard with all the casters and multipulls and stuff hitting fairly hard for a pre-PoP zone, lure AE slows, healers, AE poison rains etc. Sewers shouldn't be that bad as there's mainly goos and mosquitoes there .. but as ye can CR from most places with invis, ye can just try and see how it goes. Xp will suck, loot might not suck if yer lucky.

Good hunting, I love CT too. -_-

Kotasz

I hunt in CT fairly regularly, and our setup sounds fairly similar.  I've got mostly ornate equivilant with ~130 AA.

The plank camp/sewers is a little easier than the zone in area, but both should be doable.  The breaks will consist of 2s.  I think most, if not all, of the mobs in this zone are resistant to fire so Rellic or Snow would be the favored pet proc.

I get quite a bit of use out of a mount when I break these areas.  I usually pet cleric until 1 mob gets down to about 40%, then I burn it down with bestial and nukes.  After the first mob dies it's cake.

You should be able to cover the swirling red mass/diseased mosquito cycle before their 20 minute repop.  AA exp will be 2%/kill most of the time, with an occasional 1%/kill.

If you kill near the zone in area you should be aware that there's a few shaman-type mobs that proc an AE slow.  Abolish disease is nescessary for those (I think they're proteslytes or something similar).  Other than that things are fairly straight forward.
Elder Kotasz - RasCal of Povar