Main Menu

PoN Hedge Event

Started by rastekh, October 13, 2004, 01:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rastekh

Hi there

I have not completed the PoN Hedge event and was wondering if anyone could post some basic information about this event. I am specifically interested in how many people it would take to complete (all would be over 60, most over 65), and if there are any key classes needed (i.e. chanter). Thank you very much.

Ras

Shieara

/ponder

I believe we usually take around three groups when we go and get as many people finished as we can.  However, I can easily see it done with fewer.  It could probably be single grouped but the boss mob might take awhile to kill.  He has a lot of hps.

First of all you need to remember to have people do the preflag.  Inside the sickbay in PoT you will find Thelin lying on the floor next to an erudite female.  Hail her or Thelin (forget which) and follow the dialog until you get a character flag.

The event is relatively simple.  Your groups go in and follow Thelin through the maze.  As you go though and reach certain areas mobs will spawn.  First two mobs, the you walk a little farther and then three spawn, then a little farther and four spawn.  You get the point.  I think it goes up to having about seven at once just before the named.  These are standard PoN type mobs (stalkers, spiders, etc.).  

We always had two chanters (can substitute bard).  One of these is responsible for keeping track of Thelin at all times.  If you need a rest you can have your chanter mezz him and then memblur.  Also, sometimes he trys to take off while you are killing mobs so you need to make sure he does not.  When you reach the final room (should be obvious on the map) mezz him before you go in and clear the adds in the corners.  Then blur him and let him start his scripts.  He will walk into the fountain and the boss will spawn.  Important note *once the script has been started with the construct don't mezz him again*.  We had this screw things up for us, so let him fight the construct with you.

The mobs don't hit that hard as I recall.  You can have a chanter aoe mezz them depending on level or just have melee pick them up.  Aoe slow can be used too.  Area taunt can be good if something goes wrong.  Just make sure that Thelin isn't trying to tank one..need to keep an eye on him as I said before.  If you lose people just keep Thelin mezzed while you recover.

The boss fight isn't too bad.  He hits for about 1.1k as I recall and I am sure a pally could tank him.  He seemed to have a lot of hps but we have geared up a lot since we did this so maybe not so many with today's gear.  Just make sure your tank gets solid aggro and you should be fine.  Pretty sure he is slowable and no real tricks.   One final thing to remember is that you want Thelin to be on the back of this mob.  Otherwise the construct can kill Thelin with enrage.

Anyways, you then loot..uhh...a broken shard I think from the construct and give it to Thelin.  You get the dagger back and then you can hail for flags.  Well I think that is it..been a looong time.

negrismorte

couple things, just did this last week

the event is screwy, as in easy to mess up.  you can only take 18 people.  our raid was 16, only 14 got let in and thelin said we already had 18.  We had to evac out and wait for a reset.  The two that did not get in were the only two that did not do the preflag in PoT.

You need a capable mezzer with blur.  I would suggest 2 in case one dies.  This is not a trivial fight when the raid av level is 62 in baz gear.  The trash mobs you fight are up to level 60 - at 61, I dont recal any even cons.

do not get ahead of thelin and kill stuff at random, this will mess up the event.  wait for him to go and get aggro, mezz him if you need to keep him alive.

the boss mob is gimp.  immune to snare, only doubles for about 1100 max but low attack so average seems about 400.  was on my necro, all my dots stuck.  I went through 6 casts of funeral pyre, some splurts, a few dark plagues, vex and theft.

Felidus Hoodboss

Whats above is correct. Here are some tips from my 2-3 trips:

1. Can be done with 2 groups. If you have three, have someone SOW Thelin when you start (while mezzed/petted/memblurred, etc) will make things go much faster.

2. Echanters are great, bards even better. Have bard AE mez as soon as Thelin approaches mobs, and then chanter can single mez on top of that, on the final waves.

3. As you approach the boss area with the fountain, mez thelin before he enters and starts the sequence. Enter the boss area and clear the four corner mobs, so you don't have to worry about pushing the boss mob into one of them; you will be fighting the boss for a while, unless time+.

4. As mentioned above, DO NOT mez thelin once he initiates the fight. Have the tank ready to get aggro, Boss will spawn right in front of the fountain.

5. Before you do the final turnin to Thelin, that pops the image of Terris Thule, kill all pets. On occassion, he will aggro a raid member, and you dont want a beastlord/mage pet proccing on his Medulla Oblongata.

6. If you are worried about him aggroing/despawning at the end, follow these steps:
  a. Have all who need flag stand behind fountain (opposite side of it from where Boss spawned). Have them Target Thelin.
  b. Once Raid Leader turns in the NoDrop NoRent item (from boss mob)to thelin, and he runs to behind the fountain to talk with Terris Thule, have Raid members begin hailing him. If they hail successfully, they will be ported out of raid with flag.

**Remember** roll and distribute loot before hailing, you will be ported out.

Finally, to those new to that area of the zone, you don't have to run back to GY to exit, just click on the grave thats right outside of the hedge area in PON (to the right). You will be ported back to POT.

Good Luck,

Felidus