Main Menu

Planar tank soloing?

Started by Argach, January 07, 2004, 05:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argach

First, I hate kiting. Done some of it (and killing lvl 56 mobs at 57 in PoD was glorious for a few times, yes) and it's just not my style. But given that I have pretty good gear and a bunch of healing AAs and IH4 item, I've been doing quite a lot of cblast-tank soloing in various places. Haven't really found a good spot to do it in PoP though - tier1 is too bad xp for the aggravation of mid-50s people pestering ya and after that it seems there aren't many good places for a beastlord to do that.

BoT is too crowded and I don't like the cleric bees, multiple CHs suck, most giant camps cannot be reliably single pulled and I do not wish to train the zone. PoTactics mobs, the ones that are easy to pull, mitigate slow making their dps too high, at least the last time I tried. PoValor is crowded and the desert mobs have evil procs, and I doubt I can reliably single pull outter caves. Besides trees freeze up my comp. CoDecay is add city, PoTorment is not an option, haven't tried PoStorms but adds would seem to be a problem there too. HoH mobs come in pairs. Tried a PoFire joepla and soloed him without too many problems although his dps was near the limit I can easily heal - PoFire spiderling almost soloed me, demonstrating why it is a bad idea to pull a mob that triples and does not just double hit. 4% AA per kill was a disappointment though, same as VP.

So ... any places I've failed to notice? Or should I just get the last of my healing AAs done and do Fire imps and Tactics ogres? CoD single pullable with mad leet pulling skillz? PoV desert mobs tame and worth doing with 250 MR? PoWater ZI imps single pullable and soloable? PoEarth?

C'mon, share yer tips and tricks! -_-

tiggerroo

I have yet to see a single pull at PoWater zone in.  PoEarth is easily single pullable if you avoid trap spots (or just make sure you don't set it off while getting another mob), watch for wanderers, and avoid dillos.  PoFire CY and picnic has single pulls.  I haven't tried to solo in eles, as I can 2-box and I usually just group with guildies because it's more fun.

HoH has some nice single pullable spots, although you're right, there are a lot of duo pulls.  You could solo the birds at zone in of PoTorment.  I haven't tried to solo past there.
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus