Main Menu

Friendly Pet Changes Coming Soon

Started by Tadenea, March 01, 2010, 07:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karve

Bsts - Heres a list of stuff we'd like.
SoE - we've given you "this" which we know actually isn't on your list, we have got better at ignoring bsts [11]

Professional Mad Bastard.

Umlat

Sympathetic Hand of Soothing (Heals party on beneficial spell cast)
1: Unknown #383 (100/100/0)
2: Limit: Spell Type (Beneficial only)
3: Unknown #348 (100/10/0)
4: Limit: Min Level (70)
5: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
6: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)

Sympathetic Soothing (Heals caster on detrimental spell cast)
Unknown #383 (100/100/0)
Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
Unknown #348 (100/10/0)
Limit: Min Level (70)
Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)

Warder's Soothing (Heals group on Proc) - It can't be that hard to get from the above to this.
Unknown #383 (100/100/0)
Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
Unknown #348 (100/10/0)
Limit: Min Level (70)
Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)

Umlat

If beastlords can agree on one thing, it's "Beastlords don't need more ways to heal their warders.

Std. Pet Heal line, Delayed Pet Heal line, Pet HoT, Growl line HoT component, Pet Quick Heal AA, Pet HoT AA, BP clicky has HoT component. Paragon/FPoS if we still need more. Oh and a healer merc, if applicable (Most mercs seem to belong to PETA, since they place buffing/healing warder at a higher priority than the person who actually PAYS them, but that's for a different topic...).

Now we have yet another method to heal our warders, by giving them a limited charge, random self heal proc. It's not just redundant, it's REDUNDANTLY redundant. On top of all that, you need to keep it memorized to use, since it needs to be refreshed constantly because of charges and it has a built in conflict with Hobble of Spirit and Pet slow proc line.
Personally, I'd use hobble and keep a promised heal in that spell slot. No charges to worry about and a better heal that takes next to no time to use.

The current friendly pet "fix" has really done nothing except waste resources and time that could have been put to MUCH BETTER USE, since there are many other beastlord issues that need some TLC that are much more important than getting another pet heal that will never be used by 99%+ of us.

Kanan

Quote from: Umlat on March 11, 2010, 06:52:36 PM
The current friendly pet "fix" has really done nothing except waste resources and time that could have been put to MUCH BETTER USE, since there are many other beastlord issues that need some TLC that are much more important than getting another pet heal that will never be used by 99%+ of us.

Amen.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Umlat on March 11, 2010, 06:52:36 PM
(Most mercs seem to belong to PETA, since they place buffing/healing warder at a higher priority than the person who actually PAYS them, but that's for a different topic...).

Na, their just afriad of PETA
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Razimir

I hope this spell will not start to suffer from "taste of blood" syndrome.

-Raz

Catnip_Inny

wow thanks for the BIG FU from sony...

Sikkem

Has anyone actually tried this to see how it works or what it does?

I tried it out on a raid last night and was getting the worn of message about every 15 mins yet my pet was not tanking at any stage.

Could AoE spells actually be triggering the contact heal?

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

kharthai

Quote from: Sikkem on March 14, 2010, 08:27:38 PM

I tried it out on a raid last night and was getting the worn of message about every 15 mins yet my pet was not tanking at any stage.

As far as I could tell it's a straight up offensive proc now.  Pet will proc it as long as it's attacking (and heal itself only).

Sikkem

Quote from: kharthai on March 14, 2010, 09:09:53 PM
Quote from: Sikkem on March 14, 2010, 08:27:38 PM

As far as I could tell it's a straight up offensive proc now.  Pet will proc it as long as it's attacking (and heal itself only).

Thanks Karth,

Yeah I just did a test copy and gave it a run. It procs from its own hits and heals itself only. I would have preferred it stayed broken and healed itself when it was getting hit.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Blarp

there"fiix" is an epic fail. make it a group heal over pet only if anything. hell necro's get a 10k Crit group heal off Spells being casted lasts 2 min with a  4 min cool down giveing us a what 3k base pet procing group heal is not bad. as we gota recast it.  i would lvoe to see this it would help with Ae's

tmkeehn

I wouldn't mind seeing an extended buff (Like haste or Vaxtn) that was cast on the pet that would proc a group heal for 350-500'ish.  I could see that being useful, especially if our heal aa's worked on them.

Other than that?  I hate the entire line of another pet heal.  Especially one that's random and conditional and has stacking issues.  Nix the whole thing and give us our Ferocity Aura.
Dausheit Goldeneyes
Cohort Chalybeius
Cazic

AbyssalMage

Quote from: tmkeehn on March 17, 2010, 04:06:45 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing an extended buff (Like haste or Vaxtn) that was cast on the pet that would proc a group heal for 350-500'ish.  I could see that being useful, especially if our heal aa's worked on them.

Other than that?  I hate the entire line of another pet heal.  Especially one that's random and conditional and has stacking issues.  Nix the whole thing and give us our Ferocity Aura.

I don't think we will be seeing anything remotely useful until next expansion. Just take it as another shaft and move on. If/When it will get fixed is anyones guess and...well currently their track record isn't very good. Actually seems to be getting worse. So...yeah...lets just move on.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Blarp

Razimir

Quote from: AbyssalMage on March 17, 2010, 07:20:05 AM
I don't think we will be seeing anything remotely useful until next expansion. Just take it as another shaft and move on. If/When it will get fixed is anyones guess and...well currently their track record

I don't know about that. Heard a rumour that bsts will be happy "soon enough", but my source didn't reveal what was it about. Maybe we are getting some goodies when next patch of AAs coming live. One can only hope...

-Raz