Main Menu

Suspend Minion being buggy again?

Started by Robath, December 20, 2006, 09:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robath

Over the last few days since patch I have noticed my pet , which I know I suspend prior to loggin, is gone when I come back on. Its not all the time however. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Vidyne

very rarely, thought it was my imagination, maybe it is...

Timberghost

Yeps.  Happens to me too from time to time.  Usually, only happens after I camp overnight.

Kenusten

I think I have had this happen to me.  I am fairly religious about having a pet in the hole.  I often suspend minion when I log on to make sure I did the actual suspend the night before.  Twice since the patch I have not had a pet to unsuspend.  However, I didn't keep notes so I cannot be certain.  :(

Petts

I have had something similar happen ... but mine mostly occurs after i have summoned,
bagged my pet, gotten a rez then zoned into Guild Hall to med in the hottub. after
i fully buffed my pet and then try to bag it again, it tells me i already have a pet suspended.

rdahl

This usually only happens to me if I suspend and camp fast, as in /q.  Since I stopped that practice I haven't had any problems (with my pet poofing).

Regards
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Helspawn

I haven't had any issues as of late but I did have issues a few months ago.

iamweaver

Someone on the SoE vet forums posted this info recently, from a discussion with a dev:

Your pet is an NPC.  If you camp out in a non-instanced zone that gets reset, all NPCs (including your pet) go away. I haven't been camping in PoK lately, since that zone seems to get reset a fair amount.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Kanan

huh.. interesting.. guess that would explain some guild hall suspending too, for when it becomes totally vacated.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Humlaine

Tails

This is still a problem. All my pet class friends are still complaining about this.

Tails 68 Beastlord of Stromm

Vidyne

so camping in the guild hall with suspended pet = lose pet if guild hall vacates for X minutes.

Tiroon

Camping in guild hall is what I usually do and my warder lives happily through crashed GH, patch nights, even expansion patches.

The key is to remember how long it can take for the server to synch. We all know the nuisance of a toon going LD and how long it takes the server to recognise the fact. Use that time span as a guide and you won't lose the pet.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Kitathia

When I am ready to camp and have a fully buffed and equipped pet I often go to POK and shroud to have her ready for when I log back in.. never lost a pet like that.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

iamweaver

Quote from: Vidyne on April 21, 2007, 08:38:21 PM
so camping in the guild hall with suspended pet = lose pet if guild hall vacates for X minutes.
Actually, I suspect that since the GH is an instanced zone, there is a special rule that keeps the pets here regardless.  It's probably *safer* to log out in the GH than, say, Katta Castrum as I did on Thursday - and had no pet waiting on Friday (bah! Lost a full set of mage stuff, too!)
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis