Main Menu

Pet leveling with us.

Started by LufnisFV, August 19, 2007, 06:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

You both missed the point, which was how well it scales with content. Pets are finally fine where they are currently, and leveling with us doesn't change a thing and would only serve to create more problems in rewriting the code.

maxawesome

Quote from: Inphared on November 30, 2007, 10:58:16 PM
You completely misunderstood me.

If you have a level 80 Warrior with 10000 hitpoints, buffed, and a level 75 Warrior with 26k Buffed, which would you choose? It's the same concept I previously illustrated.

Except that in this case, we're not talking about level == stats. We're talking about pet level improving the chance to successfully land a pet proc spell against mob of approx same level.

I didn't misunderstand you, I just disagree and I don't like it when people use stupid examples to illustrate their point.

maxawesome

Quote from: Inphared on November 30, 2007, 11:09:27 PM
You both missed the point, which was how well it scales with content. Pets are finally fine where they are currently, and leveling with us doesn't change a thing and would only serve to create more problems in rewriting the code.

Actually, if you read the rest of my post (past the part where I made fun of your stupid example), I said that the power of pets has smoothed out noticeably since the inception of the beastlord class.

To be fair though, there are about 3-4 spots where the pet severely starts sucking wind in the 'proc resist' department.

Maybe the resist mod for those procs could be adjusted instead of adjusting pets themselves.

Khauruk

Quote from: maxawesome on December 01, 2007, 12:05:08 AM
To be fair though, there are about 3-4 spots where the pet severely starts sucking wind in the 'proc resist' department.

Maybe the resist mod for those procs could be adjusted instead of adjusting pets themselves.

As I said before, just use a different resist proc.  The *only* issue I had was based on resists (and that was levelling my pet up using the old pet levels...i.e. worse than it is currently) - i.e. some zones I couldn't do crap w/ fire, so I switched to older poison buff.  Even with my pet being 10 levels below me, it landed fine.

Are pets great though the levels?  No.  But, it isn't procs that are the problem.

Goal for next expansion:  Get the pet proc on a different resist check, preferably poison imo.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

heh.. true preference would be prismatic or chromatic, since those give the best chance of landing.

But yeah, poison = better chance in general.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar