Main Menu

Spirit of Sorsha - The Sweeper - Does it work?

Started by Burrix Bashem, December 05, 2007, 09:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burrix Bashem

Hi folks,

I'm currently level 65 and plan to stay 65 to grind out some AAs before leveling any further.

I didn't have a pet focus yet so I bought The Sweeper for 20k in the bazaar.

"Normally" you see the effect of items you're wearing in your chat when you cast a spell that's influenced by the specific item. When I cast my pet Spirit of Sorsha I don't see any message that The Sweeper uses it's pet focus Minion of Eternity on my pet.

Now here's my question. Should The Sweeper work on my level 64 pet or did I miss something? Maybe pet focus items don't give any chat message but still do their work?

I could of course do some parses but I hope their an easy answer to my questions.

Thanks!
Burrix - Level 65 Ogre Beastlord - Magelo

Vidyne

I don't remember them giving messages specifically.

The focus, minion of eternity was introduced in planes of power, the same expansion that spirit of sorsha is obtained.

Summon a pet without the sweeper on,  watch your pet's max hits.
Summon a pet with the sweeper on, watch your pet's max hits.
If it went up,  the sweeper is focusing it.

JillieMT

I think my Sweeper didn't work until the 68 pet.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Burrix Bashem

Thanks for the replies.

I'll try it out as soon as I've got the time and I'll post the results here.

Cheers!

Burrix Bashem

Well, my level 64 pet hits for 86 maximum with The Sweeper equiped when I summon my pet.

According to the Pet Chart table on this forum he's focussed, so I'm happy.

Thanks for the tips!

JillieMT

Good to go then, congrats!

I think I was thinking about the Enchanted Harpy Blade... I know that THAT definitely did not work when I first got it when I was 66 or so.  :x
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Spiritclaw

Quote from: JillieMT on December 07, 2007, 12:03:43 AM
Good to go then, congrats!

I think I was thinking about the Enchanted Harpy Blade... I know that THAT definitely did not work when I first got it when I was 66 or so.  :x
They never created a template for warders for that level pet for the focus on the Enchanted Harpy Blade.  I know I have seen plenty of posts on it that the devs keep ignoring.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Vidyne

Their reasoning was:

Beastlords could not obtain minion of darkness focus before Omens of war expansion, where they raised the level cap to 70.

They have to do something and make an individual pet for each focus on a spell pet....  or something to that degree.
When Omens of War came out, it was the first time I believe, that a beastlord could obtain minion of darkness focus.
Previously raid beasts were limited to minion of eternity(time), minion of discord(Gates), ritual summoning(Gates).
Casual beasts were limited to summoner's boon.
Omens of War introduced Minion of Darkness in the form of a RSS drop to beastlords.
The 68 and 70 pets were the only ones they coded for minion of darkness, despite it focusing lower levels on a mage and necro.

Mages and necros could obtain minion of darkness in Vex Thal I believe.

If anyone was wondering :) 
There was a few posts about it, and thats all I remember.  I could be wrong though.

maxawesome

I was screwing around with a friend's mage who is in the low 60s, and I notice also that there were certain focii that simply don't work on the pets that they claim to.

Summoner's boon and Minion of Eternity are the only focii that work on BST pets prior to the level 64 pet, afaik, and maybe Ritual Summoning as well. Minion of Darkness does not work, regardless of the item you're using that has that focus. There just simply isn't a template for Bst pet w/MoD focus.

Summoner's Boon is only available on a couple (or even one) item, and the only one I know of is the Diamond Prism of Companionship from LDoN.

The DPoC is one of very few items that are not lvl 65 req. that actually work on our pets before the level 64 pet (and you'd have to be 65 to equip and use focus anyways).

Furryclaws

Thanks for the information about focuses, I had alot of the same questions. This helps out alot.

Furryclaws

I recently leveled to 65 and I saved up enough money to get the sweeper and It does help alot for the spirit of Sorsha. It does bring his damage up and I even think it brought his level up. Anyway I'm very glad I got it, Thanks Burrix for bringing this topic up.