Main Menu

Dang this topic is addictive, help with choosing last two character class spots

Started by Fflewddur, July 29, 2005, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fflewddur

My set up:
70 Bard 298 AA (Has some Qvic gear)
65 War 213 AA  (EP geared)
67 Cleric 6 AA (Poorly geared, reactivated from a while ago stuck in grape and epic 1.0)
62 Shaman 0 AA
[Need Help in Chosing]
[Need Help in Chosing]

I have been leveling up this crew for a while it all started with the Cleric, and then the Bard caught my attention, and well the addiction grew.   The is the core of what I would like to have as my crew.  I have been thinking in having one toon for Snare/Evac/Porting/DPS, thus limiting to Druid/Wizard for one spot, however I could always run and just CotH folks with a mage.  The last spot was thinking on pure dps pet classes or a ranger (for auto archery) like, Necro (have a 56 I could split off an acct), a Beastlord (level 57 that could be split off), or PL a baby mage.

The most combos for the last two spots I have been thinking of are:
One:
Druid
Beast Lord, Necromancer, or Mage

Two:
Wizard
Beast Lord, Necromancer, or Mage

Three:
Ranger
Enchanter, Beast Lord, Necromancer, or Mage   (I know haven't mentioned a Chanter in the text above but extra CC and mana is just too nice, and I have a L50 that could be split off)

I would love to hear what the community thinks.  The only three toons that are sacred are the Bard, Cleric and Warrior.  I wish I had the time for raiding but well school time happens at the time raid time goes on so...

Thanks,
Fflewddur Fflam
70 Bard
Tribunal

P.S. once I can connect to magelo I will put in the links for the toons I have, the site is being finikie tonight for me..

Khauruk

1)  Chanter, or shaman.  Not both.

2) fill last 2 slots w/ high dps, easy bots.

Wizard - ports, evac, easiest bot in the game, snare, HoS in mix handles resists, manasong helps mana greatly.
Mage - easy bot, great pet, rods for a bit o' mana.  Great dps w/ AAs.
Necro - mana boost, never runs out of mana, great pet, snare, FD/rez the dead in tight spots.  Not so bad w/ your agro anymore.
Druid - back up heals, DS, evac, snare, mana-buff for casters, fairly easy bot.  Can take some tough nameds on w/ druid in group.
Ranger - good dps, (though ranged dps plateaus w/ better gear, and melee dps is greater than ranged high up.)

My thoughts:
slot 5:  Necro
Slot 6:  Wizard, druid, or mage...pref wiz/druid.

You'll have little to no need for KEI ever w/ the necro in group, dps will always be good to great, utility is good.

As much as I love the BST, it's not the simplest box, and melee push will be higher than desired for a 6-box combo.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

MTBoxer

Gotta agree, both are easy to add to the group, great DPS, porting, and don't ignore how helpful a cother can be in moving that many boxed toons.

ebric

Gota jump on the wagon that its DPS and easy play you need to add.

Necro and wiz would be my pick for the 2 last spot.

Necro over the Mage just for the FD/rez.

jabby

nother vote for mage + wizard

dont forget the DS the mage brings which you lose with a necro in that spot. FD+rez is awesome but DS will help lvl all the time.

i guess you could go druid + necro but i think mage+wizard is much more DPS which you really need with war+bard+cleric, none of whom have great dps