Main Menu

Pet Problems

Started by Keonos, October 26, 2005, 12:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keonos

I have 2 problems with our pets well problems that might get fixed.
#1- I have ran into problems tht clerics or other healers try to target me for a heal and always get my pet. This happens all the time and is a major problem for us.

#2- 2.0 epic clicky i getting blocked by SoH ranger buff now.

Jatrulak

Same thing happened to me frequently when people tried targetting me. My solution(at the time, who knows if it still works) was to use the full name of the person you're trying to target, tended to not target corpses/warders.

Kanan

/targ kez will invariably get my pet.  The /targ thing will grab the nearest possible target whose name begins with characters you typed.  Unfortunately, 99.99% of the time, that ends up being our pets.  Dunno how, but when i do /rs heal pls (only when i'm like last one left in group and we're on last of teh boss's hps, but so am I) I do often get the heal.  Mebbe cuz pet's usually ded in those situations too.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

There are advantages to having short 4-letter names like mine. Almost everyone types the whole thing anyway.

Kanan

heh.. kanan didn't get thru filter, nor did kannan.. I shoulda gone to kaynan, like I did for an alt.. instead I end up with kezarvexius ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

Because that's the next obvious choice kan.  8P

The 2.0 blocking should be fixed on test, but I'm not certain atm.

The targeting is a real pita and has been on top 10 lists, gets brought up fairly regularly and atm just hasn't been addressed.  Believe me you aren't the only one with this issue or the only one that wants it changed.  This is actually part of the reason some want to be able to name pets.  That can lead to other issues, but there are easier solutions.  I still think just putting a *Tastian`s warder and Tastian, so that a person could /tar *Tast for warder and /tar Tast for me would be easy to implement and fix the issue, but *shrugs* still a no go at this point.