Main Menu

Only 2 spells/dics in PoR?

Started by Sharrien, March 10, 2006, 03:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharrien

This falls under the category of if you don't speak you won't be heard or squeky wheel gets the grease, etc

Why is it that we again get the fewest spells/disc of all classes in an expansion?  I'm not going to talk about the usefulness of either of our new spells, I haven't done the quest yet for either.  For months we heard about the new features in PoR, player traps and auras.  Why did we get neither of them?  It was suggested by Kaidman on a post in Vet Lounge (who I presume was involved in beta) that the classes that didn't get auras were disatisfied with the auras in beta, so that spell was changed to something else.  Is this true?  Is something being worked on for us?  If the beta aura sucked that bad and they need an idea of what we would like in it's place, this board is filled with good suggestions for our class.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to blame anyone here.  I am concerned that if nothing is in the works for beastlords, then why have we been deliberately shorted on spells in PoR?  We got shorted in OoW too if you all remember, we get fewer spells than any other class from runes.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Nusa

I'm not willing to support a claim that we get FEWER spells/goodies than every other class until I see a list of what every class gets. Feel free to compile one.

Tastian

It's a design based decision.  Similiar to how we got a disc this expansion, but others didn't.  How pallys got a disc last expansion, but some others didn't.  For the most part pure casters got 3 spells, hybrids/melee got 2 and some classes saw lower level versions of spells added.  Also the auras/traps weren't for everyone originally.  Some that got them didn't like them and they were changed.  For example, rangers originally got a root type of trap that was very poorly receieved and then changed to a spell that is still poorly received lol.  There is also still talk of undiscovered auras/spells and I know QA is looking at a few tasks to make sure they are working right as some of the things haven't been found yet that would be expected.

Also, I mean no disrespect to anyone, but you should go read the necro boards some.  There's a class that:

-  Is squeaky and was throughout all of beta
-  Got a trap
-  Got more spells than we did

Go on and take a look and see what they got this expansion, see how they feel, how much they enjoy their trap and everything else.  It seems like you are pinning some thoughts on the "how" and not "what".  Beastlords actually got the biggets dps upgrade of the expansion.  We have a new pet proc that might be changed into a resist debuff still.  Those are both things that could see a lot of use.  On the other hand you have rangers who got a new root with a 18? second refresh and a new nuke.  *shrugs* 

If you have some specific problems with what we got or want to compile a list of what's missing and why it should be there and fits within the context of the expansion please post away and I'll pass it on.  Atm though the number of spells we got is pretty much spot on and if our pet proc is changed to a resist debuff I plan to push for a 55th level version of it which would mean we'd actually get more spells than classes like mnk/rng.