Main Menu

Roar of thunder...

Started by Tastian, August 28, 2004, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

I want to make it clear right off the bat that this is going to be the most moderated thread I've ever done.  I do not want to see any breaks of the NDA, I don't want to see people getting off on rants, or people throwing out wrong information like it's 3 day old zuccini-loaf.  Please make sure you have read and understand this entire post before replying to it.  I do not want to delete a single post, but in this case I am telling you in advance I will delete it or just move it to another section if it breaks the NDA or gets off the subject.

Also I want it clear that there are, of course, no guarantees as to what will happen.  The fact of the matter is omens is do out shortly and of the limited number of beastlord only AAs we get roar of thunder is woefully wrong in many beastlords eyes.  I can't know what will happen to it, I can guarantee that no matter what happens some will be unhappy, but I can also guarantee I'm really trying to get this fixed.  Many beastlords still have issues with some of the GoD AAs and I just don't want to see that happen again.  Instead of having our top 10 list cluttered with fixes to AAs that should never have gone live as they did I'd like to see this fixed before it goes live.  Ok enough for the disclaimers lets get this going...

Roar of thunder for those that don't know is currently showing in 3 forms on lucy.  They are...

1:     Decrease HP when cast by 500
2:    Decrease STR by 50
3:    Decrease DEX by 50
4:    Decrease AGI by 50
5:    Decrease Hate by 500

Mana:    0    Casting Time:    0
Recast Time:    0    Fizzle Time:    0
Resist:    Magic    Resist Adjust    -250
Range:    100    Location:    Any
Time of Day:    Any    Interruptable:    Yes
Short Buff Box:    No    Target Type:    Single
Spell Type:    Detrimental    Category:    Unknown(-99)
Source:    Test 08/31

and

1:     Decrease HP when cast by 1000
2:    Decrease STR by 65
3:    Decrease DEX by 65
4:    Decrease AGI by 65
5:    Decrease Hate by 1000

and

1:     Decrease HP when cast by 1500
2:    Decrease STR by 80
3:    Decrease DEX by 80
4:    Decrease AGI by 80
5:    Decrease Hate by 1500

Mana:    0    Casting Time:    0
Recast Time:    0    Fizzle Time:    0
Resist:    Magic    Resist Adjust    -250
Range:    100    Location:    Any
Time of Day:    Any    Interruptable:    Yes
Short Buff Box:    No    Target Type:    Single
Spell Type:    Detrimental    Category:    Unknown(-99)
Source:    Test 08/31

The DEbuff portion currently lasts 5ticks.

Now there is already a big thread about this AA and it is mentioned in a bunch of other threads as well.  Here is what I want/need from everyone.  Please copy/paste the below and then reply with your answers filled in.  

Damage:

Stun:

Refresh time:

Resist Adjust:

Range:

Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single):

Please just reply for what you think the "final" rank should be.  If it's a three tiered skill the others can be tuned to be inline, if it winds up just being one rank then this is what it'd be.  There's no way to gauge possible AA cost because what the other AAs cost isn't know outside of beta (again no NDA breaks please!).  

Sony has laid the groundwork for what can be a nice AA for us, but to be honest I think they just got completely off track.  Yes I know DEaggro is an issue, but don't mention that here.  All I need is to see as many people as possible posting what they'd like to see out of an AA along these lines, so I can use that in feedbacking the AA as it stands.  Please don't go over the top and ask for a 2k, insta cast, mana-less, 1 minute refresh AA on a -700 resist mod with 500 range.

For those that might need some other way of looking at the AA if it were to be...

Damage:  1800

Stun: none

Refresh time: 10 minutes

Resist adjust: -100

Range: 100

Type:  Single

Then it would work out to being ~3dps boost or slightly better than kick and about even with sinister strikes for most beastlords.  You can post no damage and PB AE stun with 5 sec duration if you want, whatever, but please just post the copy/answers in your reply.  There are already threads for discussion of the AA and other AAs on the boards.  Moving posts that don't fit to  http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3412

Bengali

Damage: 1500

Stun: 3.0

Refresh time: 36 mins

Resist Adjust: -200

Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single): Targeted AE

EDIT:  I figured I might as well list some times where I'd use something like this:

1.  70 LDoN (which will probably be 65 hard based on past progression) -- mob is pulled, but 3 extra Captive coin drudges come also.  Pop roar, sic pet.  Chanter starts mezzing.  Resisted mez means mobs still likely on me, and I can pop protective spirit to buy more time for stuff to get locked down.

2.  Soloing dark blues, get an add that I can't avoid.  Pop roar, helps kill current target and puts more damage on add so that they both die quicker.

3.  Soloing dark blues, mob gets low health and runs.  Pop Roar to kill runner and stun incoming add.

4.  LDoN again.  Two healer adds show up and are about to heal mob that is low on health.  Interrupt them both with one roar.  It's Clobberin' time.

5.  Raid time.  Leader calls for AE nuking in a corner.  Health of Target's Target shows that a_3000_hp_chanter_app_06 is on a mob's primary target list.  Pop Roar, save chanter, damage 3 other mobs at the same time.

6.  Raid time.  Boss is low on health but raid is hurting also, no adds around to worry about.  Raid leader calls for full on damage from everyone or we might wipe.  Pop Roar.  Unlike Frost Spear, Roar lands because boss has been hella magic debuffed already and it has a big negative resist mod (much more than cold).

7.  Running through newb zone on the way to get tradeskill stuff.  A_newb_yells for help; has 4 bats or something jacking him up.  Pop roar, kill all the mobs before newbs dies.  Doesn't matter because I was gonna spend the next 30 mins in the bazaar anyhow.

I can think of a few others too, but I can't give up all my sekret skillz.  My bottom line is that it's a waste to keep trying to figure out a way to make this a pure dps ability that people are going to think is a must have.  We are getting a bunch of AA abilities that just add dps, and we're getting more dps from spells and levels and weapons.  As a single target stun it doesn't do anything that someone else doesn't do already or that our own pet doesn't do.  This isn't something that I'd use all the time, but it actually does give me the ability to do something that I can't already do.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Katsandra

Damage: 0

Stun: 5 sec

Refresh time: 10 min

Resist Adjust: unresistable

Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single): PB AE

I just want my fishy kitty breath, lung capacity and pearly white fangs to knock em loopy long enough to get off a heal or run away.

Rarrum

edit: (added 2 possabilities)
Either a single target ability or an ae would have it's uses.

--single target--

The current damage on the top tier(1500) is reasonable if it's re-use time is at most 15 minutes (10 minutes would be ideal).  The stun needs to be a little longer though (at least 5 seconds), and it should be very hard to resist.

I see two potential uses for this ability: a little added damage (in full group or raid), or a way to stop a runner (in very small groups or solo).

The range needs to be at least 100 as well, so we don't have problems on some mobs like Feral Swipe has.

--ae--

Should be just an ae stun with no damage (so doesn't break mez).  Range of 50 would be fine.  An 8 second ae stun with a 10-15 minute re-use time would add a nice extra panic button when things looked rough, both in groups and on raids that involve normal mobs.

I personally would prefer this ae version.

Dummkopf

Damage: 100/-300 hate

Stun: None

Refresh time: 30 seconds

Range: 200

Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single): Single

If we cant prevent a stun, wich would be in my opinion the wrong thing anyway it should be more like this:

Stun: 5sec

Refresh time: 3 minutes

Range: 200/25

This can help in a lot of crowd control situations and would be a welcome help on raids.

Choppin

Quote from: KatsandraDamage: 0

Stun: 5 sec

Refresh time: 10 min

Resist Adjust: unresistable

I just want my fishy kitty breath, lung capacity and pearly white fangs to knock em loopy long enough to get off a heal or run away.

/agree with this, maybe even lower refresh and not ae (thos with 0 dmg, I could live with it being AE)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Kylaz

I like the idea of the "aggro reducer" roar - unless we have some other AA in OOW towards the same effect, so, I'd kile an ability like:

Damage: -300 hate
Refresh time: 30s
Casting time: 2s
Range:  25
Type : Single

Message: soandso's wits are scrambled by thunder and wonders were you're gone.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Grymlok

Damage: 500

Stun: 0.0 lv 70

Refresh time: 5 min

Resist Adjust: -100mr

Range: 100 (aka ch range)

If they are going to give me a stun of any sort, I want one I can depend on being up when I need it to be.  5 minutes isn't exactly spam-speed, yet its often enough that it could be used as a minor dps boost, or held in reserve to disrupt casters, etc.

The Berserker: Foecussed

janabell

Persenaly i would like to see this as a short turm Pet buff

Imbue: Proc  Roar of thunder

Stun: 3 sec ( works up to lvl 80 )

Duration: 60 sec

Refresh time: 36 min

Casting time: Instant

Resist Adjust: -300

this would resolve the problem of getting agro and add a good burst of DPS to pet witch i think we rilly need, and makeing it a proc would not make it over powering.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Panthermask

Quote from: janabellPersenaly i would like to see this as a short turm Pet buff

this would resolve the problem of getting agro and add a good burst of DPS to pet witch i think we rilly need, and makeing it a proc would not make it over powering.

That's not bad, though 1500 might be a bit much in that case.  Maybe 500-750 is more in line.  Good idea though-- make it kind of like a /disc for the pet that can be used when we really need to burn.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

janabell

Quote from: Panthermask
Quote from: janabellPersenaly i would like to see this as a short turm Pet buff

That's not bad, though 1500 might be a bit much in that case.  Maybe 500-750 is more in line.  Good idea though-- make it kind of like a /disc for the pet that can be used when we really need to burn.

your probably right about it being to much for a proc how about something more like this

Damage: 650

Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Gospodar

Damage: 1800

Refresh time: 10 minutes

Resist adjust: -200

Type: Single

This sounds super for me but also...

Damage: -600 hate

Refresh time: 30 seconds

Resist adjust: unresistable

Type: Single

Altho second option minght be too good  :D  Need some sort of aggro reducer so we can stop holding back so much on boss mobs  :D
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

Doomringer

Stun: 5.0 sec

Refresh time: 72 min w/AA upgrade to 30 min

Resist Adjust: -100

Range: I don't kinow anything about ranges.

Doomringer Loneclaw
Feral Lord Vah Shir
Firiona Vie
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=925159

Nalitra

Stun: 3.0 / level 75

Refresh time: 36 mins

So I am with the minority, but I would like this AA as something different and situational.  Not to mention, who knows what is in store for usin OOW.

Nalitra

Kharaf

Lvl1:
Stun: 1.0/70
Refresh time: 15 min
Range: 50
Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single): single

Lvl2:
Stun: 2.0/70
Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single): targeted AE

Lvl3:
Stun: 3.0/70

With the ability to make hotkeys for different ranks, this could be kind of handy for getting groups out of some messy pulls with some flexability on what one to use depending on the situation.  

15 minutes is also on par with paragon.  Of course, I'd like instant cast, but then again, the same could be said for paragon :)