Main Menu

Roar of thunder...

Started by Tastian, August 28, 2004, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toiler

Heck if we've got to spend AA's for a DD, at least make it as good as our pet brethren have, it should be a bit better since the refresh rate will make it all but non-effective as a DpS boost.

At 63 level magicians get "black steel" a 1400 DD with a 0.00 stun. 6.25 cast and 2.25sec. re-use time.

At 61 Necro's get "Neurotoxin" a 1300 DD (at lvl 65), no stun, 4 sec. re-use time.

Damage: 2200DD
Stun: 3.00 plus knockback
Refresh: 20 minutes
Resist: -300
Range: 50 feet
Target: single
Cast time: 4 seconds

Fibbs

Damage: 1053 (crits Possible)

Stun: 0.00 works upto lvl69

Refresh time: 30sec-1.15min

Resist Adjust: the standard DISEASE check, something other than CR or MR.

Range: 75 (to hit runners)

Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single): Single

quick paragraph of why to qualify my thoughts;
I mentioned and conceeded that something like this was a little silly with the low refresh in another post, but to be honest having seen that our 70 nuke might and probably will end up being 1053 i dont think this is unreasonable at all with it (nuke) having a 30sec refresh.

Just looking at the big picture rather than just the AA.

thanks again Tastin

Fibbs

jitathab

Lvl 1

Damage: 1350 approx 4 dps

Stun: 0 sec lvl 65

Refresh time: 6 mins

Resist Adjust: -200 Disease

Range: 50

Lvl 2

Damage: 1350  approx 7.5 dps

Stun: 0 sec lvl 68

Refresh time: 3 mins

Resist Adjust: -300 Disease

Lvl 3

Damage: 1350 approx 15 dps

Stun: 1 sec lvl 70

Refresh time: 1.5 mins

Resist Adjust: -400 Disease

See it as a short range DPS increase, the stun component for breaking casters. Probably expensive on AA:) but wasnt Warders Alacrity at 45AA.

EDIT: Doh put hate neg hate mod in there, didnt mean too

Skratchen

Damage: 1500

Stun: none

Refresh time: 8 minutes

Resist adjust: -100 DR

Range: 100

Type: Single

I prefer the aa to be a DD with a relatively short reuse time to boost our personal DPS.

However, alternatively I also think this AA could be something that would be bestowed on both our pets and ourselves.  It would be a type of shared discipline for us and our warders.  It would be a short-term proc buff that we imbue both the pet and the master so that they could proc an additional 500dd with a resist adjust of -100 that could land on mobs up to level 80 with the aa buff duration at least lasting around 60 seconds with a reuse timer of about 15 minutes.  That could be a fun aa.

The description would look something like this:
Add Proc: Roar of Thunder
Damage: 500
Target Type: Pet/self
Duration: 60-90 seconds
Resist: -100 MR
Range to target: 100
Refresh time: 15 mins

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Sikelik

-300 hate, -600 hate ... every 30 seconds, are you guys insane?

if so we could go all out melee, nuke etc, and cast a dot, then instantly drop all the agro from that dot, and be ready to click aa again even before it wears off. they try to make the game more balanced... not make us even more powerful

that would make us so overpowered. there isn't even a use for it every 30 secs unless you're doing something incredibly wrong. Feral Swipe is 1 minute, if Roar of Thunder was a mem blur thingie i would say it should be 3 minute re-use.

600 hate, thats almost the opposite of the proc on Darkblade of the Warlord, the highest agro warrior weapon. it has a 650 hate proc, and a 0.0 sec stun.

Dummkopf, do you use cheat codes when you play other games, during all the discussions here regarding this topic, you've been asking for higher and higher dps, and complaining more and more about your agro.
[70 Wildblood] Sikelik (Iksar) <Tide>

Rhaynne

Considering what forum this is in, please keep in mind I am not above editing out data not constructive or useful.

Consider that your first and last warning on the matter, Sikelik.  Doing this publically to reinforce that the moderation staff supports Tastian's purpose for this forum.

Kivuli

Damage: 1500 (crit-able)

Stun: 3.0 / level 75

Refresh time: 15 mins

Resist Adjust: -200

Range: 100

Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single): PB AE

I am one of the few who likes the AA in it's current incarnation. I know that this will be the first AA I buy from OOW. Granted that is partially because I'm a roleplayer and have wanted to be able to roar for some time, but also I see this as a great utility AA. I would make the refresh timer 15 minutes, which I don't think is unreasonable for a third-tier AA. Either that, or keep a base re-use of 36 minutes and add another AA "Vocal Fortitude" that reduces the reuse timer of Roar of Thunder. Say: by 6 minutes, 12 minutes, and 21 minutes by ranks. Conversely, each rank could have a smaller refresh timer.

As for changing the damage to de-aggro, I highly disagree. Keep the damage. I don't know what you people are doing to get so much aggro but I've never noticed an aggro problems on raids. Even when chain-casting our three 30-sec nukes and DoTing with both Scorpion Venom and Plague.

Nusa

I welcome any kind of offensive AE ability...it's something we're sadly lacking. The more tools we have, the more creative we can get in using them.

Siodan

Damage: 0-50 decrease hate -500

Stun: 1s (70)

Refresh time: 3-6 min

Resist Adjust: unresistable

Range: 200

Type(PB AE, Targeted AE, or Single): target

i think those are reasonable numbers..the idea is we NEED an aggro reducer that we can use like other classes. I wouldn't want AE as there a chance we might not be on aggro and usesing this would put us there if AE, the stunn is just nice and to tie into the "thunder" part of the spell and is not really nessasary as is the damage. it deffinately shouldn't do more damage than hate as that would defeat the pourpose to begin wih, the recast time is a MUSH to have quick tho letting it be a few min stops it being over powerd or abused since it could be used like our defence disk.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Jkal_Shihar

Well you know my feelings on it Tastian. Currently with the way it is as of 9/1/04 according to lucy I'd buy it. It just needs a good reuse timer to be really effective for a deaggro tool.
Nothing is worse then being the 2nd or 3rd one going down due to over aggro.
I'm glad they took the AE off it and made it single target. The people in my groups and raids would disown me for wiping encounters due to the AE and waking up mezz adds.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Gospodar

Well all I can say is holy moly on new RoT change on test lol..... Anybody know what new re-use on it is?
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

Graace

Yes, but we can't say due to NDA... lets just say that it's far from awful.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

TalleyRN

Alright, not sure if it's going to change again, but SoE just took the deaggro component off of RoT and left everything else on, making it rather useless. A BIG STEP BACK from the right direction they had it going in.  I hope they add the deaggro to it again.

Urim

QuoteAlright, not sure if it's going to change again, but SoE just took the deaggro component off of RoT and left everything else on, making it rather useless. A BIG STEP BACK from the right direction they had it going in. I hope they add the deaggro to it again.
Taking Deagro off of it is fine IF (and this is a HUGE if) they change one of our PH spells to be some form a quick reuse deagro ability. Whether it be some kind of jolt/concussion spell or a spell that imbues us with a deagro proc (my choice).
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Tastian

I just have to chime in with the whole "this is beta and things need to be tested".  Like I've said before roar is one part of a beastlord and might be one part of our solution to aggro problems.  We've made it pretty clear what we have issue with, what we've liked, what we've disliked.  As always feel free to post ideas, but please try not to "sky is failing omg something we've never even had just got nerfed" hehe.  Beta is for testing, so let's see what happens.  8)