Main Menu

Roar of thunder...

Started by Tastian, August 28, 2004, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siodan

the lucy data is showing a change takeing AWAY! the deaggro!!!!!  Is soney takeing everything we say an just doing the exact oposite? Is this some sort of scheam to kill EQ once and for all? With the focus issue and each class haveing something to complain about i fear this mat just be the case... als i'd say if they are going to nerf everything STOP giveing us soemthing good, let us play with it (those on beta and test) and then take it way thats just plain MEAN!!!!!
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Dummkopf

As Tastian said, dont scream murder now cause things change very often on beta and prolly for some time to come. It is good that they try different possible uses for that ability and test it out, i hope it will be something to look forward to.

Tastian

Yeah and this is beta, things need to get tested.  Also like I said roar is one AA in one expansion for a beastlord.  It's not set up to be the be all/end all of our aggro issues.  If it wound up being that, awesome, but it simply might not.  Roar could wind up being a pure dps AA and we still might get our aggro issues fixed in omens.  If not then we'll keep at it.  This week alone we've seen changes to weapon caps and heals show up on test those are two major and great changes.  Just FYI the same changes that took away deaggro from roar also dropped the dot cost on cleric symbol, but added it to vie line hehe, this wasn't intended either.  Sometimes things change to get tested, sometimes things just get fubar hehe.

jural

Deagro was added back on and doubled now for each lvl of it.

Roar of Thunder  Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data  

Slot Description
1:  Decrease HP when cast by 1500
2:  Decrease STR by 80
3:  Decrease DEX by 80
4:  Decrease AGI by 80
5:  Decrease Modify Hate by 3000

Mana: 0 Casting Time: 0
Recast Time: 0 Fizzle Time: 0
Resist: Magic Resist Adjust -250
Range: 100 Location: Any
Time of Day: Any Interruptable: Yes
Short Buff Box: No Target Type: Single
Spell Type: Detrimental Category: Unknown(-99)
Source: Test 09/04  

Classes: None
Duration: 1 ticks @L1 to 5 ticks @L5

Siodan

LOL about complaining...some posts just happen after bad days where disapointments abound and more or les get vocalized (an excuse anyone can use  :evil: )

thies forums are great places for info and actualy make you want to come back and see what people say vs some of the socaled "beastlord" forums i had the displeasuer of thinking were the only ones before this wonderfull site was finnaly brought to my attention.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Tebdliz

QuoteDeagro was added back on and doubled now for each lvl of it.

Beat me to it.  They may of been testing just how much agro we tend to generate when its unwanted so took it out just to see what it would do.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=402497" target="_blank" class="postlink">Amberly Lvl 65 Beastlord

cougerofeq

Someone noted that this most likely isn't the fix for our agro issues. Honestly though I dont see why it shouldnt be. I know its only 1 aa - but how many expansions should it take to get it fixed?

Mages got mega pet focus upgrade between expansions - I dont think its too much to ask for an expansion to resolve a serious issue for us.

People think we are UBER due to our agro issues even though we have some of the lowest dps of the melee classes.

Wow - those BSTs are always getting agro - they must really put out some huge DPS - WRONG.

Were not weak but not the DPS champs our agro makes us appear to be. Duel wield classes have it rough with agro issues and reposite' issues.

Choppin

Hehe, reminds me how rangers in velious, all those jokes about them dieing, those lived thru until today.

I hope beastlords dont become a similar, maybe its too late already.

At least with protective spirit we have a chance to survive.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Kossos

i was really pumped about this AA untill they took the stun out of it

it fits right in with bst i mean our pets get a DD/stun i dont figure one AA would hurt

with out the stun it sucks imo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=725398" TARGET="_blank"> Kossos 65 Feral Lord
http://www.clubfu.net/" TARGET="_blank">Club Fu
Bristlebane

Panthermask

I'm really pleased, personally, with the route this AA is taking.  It's shaping up to be something I'd buy immediately.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Grymlok

Quote from: jural5:  Decrease Modify Hate by 3000

People, take a look at that.  This is not a base -hate.  Unless I'm looking at this wrong, this is an effect that will modify the amount of hate we generate during the duration of the debuff.  IMO, this is HUGE, and much better than a generic -hate effect.

The Berserker: Foecussed

sierf

heh. i didn't notice it was modify hate.  would the modify hate work with spells as well?
Sierf
Son of Cazic

Eatbugs

Quote from: GrymlokPeople, take a look at that.  This is not a base -hate.  Unless I'm looking at this wrong, this is an effect that will modify the amount of hate we generate during the duration of the debuff.  IMO, this is HUGE, and much better than a generic -hate effect.

I'm not actually sure what the effect of that will be.  A 1500 DD plus an 80 point (x3) debuff is a LOT of hate to make up for, and the "decrease modify hate" effect is something I've never seen before and can't find on another spell of any type.  Guess we'll have to wait to find out how it actually works.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Urim

Quoteand the "decrease modify hate" effect is something I've never seen before and can't find on another spell of any type.

Not exactly decrease modify hate but is close enough to answer the question :P

Ancient Chaos Cry (Warrior Agro Disc)
1: Increase Hate by 480
2: Increase Modify Hate by 84

This disc increases the warrior on the hate list every tick by 84. So we should be losing 3000 hate from the hatelist every tick for the 30 secs when we use Roar of Thunder. Which more than likely translates to being placed at the bottom.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Eatbugs

Hm - if that's the way that will work, it's pretty nice.  -15,000 hate over 30 seconds ought to keep me waaay down there near the feigned necro in the corner on the hate list.   :twisted:
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal