Main Menu

Re-Evaluating Top 10?

Started by firebox, October 07, 2004, 08:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firebox

With the new expansion, I wonder if anyone else feels that our top 10 might need a bit of tweaking? I know I'm not the only one who has seen my utility go out to window. Right now the list includes Pet run speed, naming my pet, pet spam and allowing me to click off pet buffs - but these are just longer that important to me. Those are convenience upgrades mostly - when what we need is something to make us useful in groups and raids.

I can no longer slow (at least not reliably or without agro). My buffs largely aren't needed.  I can neither lower myself on agro lists NOR take the damage new mobs dish out. My dps is horrid.  I honestly think beastlord is the least desirable group member to have in the new expansion.

I do realize that some solutions to some of these issues are already on our top 10, but 4 out of 10 are situational or do nothing to address our real utility issues. Please don't let them throw us a few more convenience-only "fixes" that do almost nothing to improve our more serious problems.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=980650">http://anissamichelle.hypermart.net/EQsigs/funkyfiresmall.jpg" WIDTH="137" HEIGHT="250" BORDER="0">

negrismorte

Agreed!

Our top 10 list has even been the subject of discusson on other boards.  The convenience tweaks requested seem to indicate we are satisfied with our current role and ability.

Wenian

totally agree, lets get rid of the fun things (like renaming pet) and add useful stuff for now.

Imo we need

- something adressed about our ability to slow in Oow, if not, then our dps. Atm we cant slow well enough to be taken over a shaman / chanter and we cant do enough dps to be taken over a pure dps class. I dont want to do as good a job as them, I just want to be considered worth putting in a group

- someting about our spell line in oow. Its a total joke, a lot of bst dont bother camping spells like other people do, they not eager to get spells. Why ? because (I listed more reasons on eqlive) our spells are bad, we get some upgrades but most are so little compared to other classes, so little compared to being lvl 70, so little when look at str of mobs / players that without them, we would do as good.

- something about the aggro. I dunno why but especially since oow, Im getting huge, huge , huge aggro only using slow. Pally friends that used to 1 cast snap aggro off me need  to cast 3 times now ... I got hps to survive the hits but Im still a huge mana sink for healers.
Krakerz Ikmercy - Beastlord
Korriann Havmercy - Druid
< Magus Amicitia - Antonius Bayle >

Wenian

sorry pushed enter too fast :

I know aggro was already put but its not only dot aggro, its all around aggro, we dont get aas like casters that reduce mobs noticing of our spells. We dont get aggro mods on our epic 1.5 to diminish aggro. We dont get any jolt spell (roar is sweet but it just deaggros the 1.5k nuke and maybe a little more but its far from helping the rest of our aggro problems)

Maybe also look at our dual wield lack of aa with oow. bards get one, do they melee ? nope, so why not us too.

Also really look at perfection of spirit, they really "cheated" us when made us beta test the cool version, make us buy expansion then give us that piece of crap that is currently supposed to help us in high end.
Same for new SD, 1 more hp/mana per tick ? Get real, when people get this spell, 1/2 the time theyre in EP + guilds. Does that 1hp/mana really does anything when people got 14k hp, 8k mana pools and already regen at 100+ mana per tick ?
2 hp / mana per tick would have been logic, 3 or 4 would have been nice or even great, 1 hp / mana per tick is thinking bst are a joke like before PoP.
Krakerz Ikmercy - Beastlord
Korriann Havmercy - Druid
< Magus Amicitia - Antonius Bayle >

Choppin

I agree those convient AAs like naming pet etc will end up as AAs we have to buy (or not), guess what other classes will get AAwise for compensation / next expansion  ? maybe quad backstab ?
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Tastian

The list will get changed quite a bit next upgrade.  Omens spells already got added, the AAs got added.  The naming and pet filters will be off the list most likely.  I've already typed up and started trying to explain the beastlord progression problem, so likely our poor scaling dps and the poofing of a lot of our utility will be there in various ways.  Lots of our issues are spell/AA/progression related things.  We have seen some changes and fixes recently, so I'm hopefully we'll see some fixes soon.  Like I say though understand that it's not just the top 10 list and that other issues are brought up and discussed that don't appear on the top 10 list.  Things slowed down with the top 10 list going into omens, but the expansion is out and running alright, so again hopefully we'll see some movement soon.

cougerofeq

add some substitution in utility for the nerfed (mitigated) slows and the fact we cant land them...

We need to do something different - its horrid how bad it seems now.

A  dramatic increase in our spells?

A dramatic increase in pet dps?

I dont know - but it can't take 6 months like everything else they do - I wont be around that long it too depressing and unplayable as is.

Smudmack

Im a time geared beast, well more like Ep/Time geared, can get 9,8k hps with the new buffs.

I tank (also the exp named), pull and slow in WoS if need be and do a decent job of it. I do have problems when I draw aggro in PG, but I usually loose it fast again so im not too worried about that.

I havnt experienced alot of resists in OoW, other than the occasional mob that resists like a mofo, but thats to be expected.

I also think we still are a deseriable class to have in a group, we can tank if need be, we disc quite a nice amount of dmg, we slow well enough and paragon does help in fast pulling OoW groups.

Our spells is a totally different matter, it doesnt seem quite worth it to get them.

Gourgeous George

I have to agree with Smudmack on this key factor for me. The Oow spells. I think many posts have addressed many of the gaps in our progression such as the dissappointing Paragon of S****.

However, the thing that mattered most to me was the spell sets. Lots of my guildies are out there in WoS, PG and instanced zones farming spells/runes. I did WoS for 2 days, won a 69 rune (SA), a 68 rune (Growl) then bought 2 spell runes, the new heal and the new 68 pet.  That is about the lot for me. I am thoroughly dissappointed with the power of our 69/70 spells, and don't plan on working on getting them, unless 70 pet is the 1st turn in on the list.

I think Eatbugs aka Grimgrey pointed out to me when I tried Oow for the 1st time last week that other than the new pets and heal, there was nothing else worth getting spell wise. He was totally right.
Gourge
67 Feral Lord of Undivided Faith
Drinal

"Please note, no pets or cute fluffy animals were killed or injured during the filming of this picture. That all took place after the cameras stopped rolling."

Dummkopf

Well, i can understand Smud from his point of view. If however you did follow the powercurve of a beastlord from before elementals til now you would know in what state we are now. Yes, i can offtank or fully tank in MPG (including mini nameds) but so can every cleric i group with, i can slow but i never do without a debuffer in my group and i can sorta replenish about 5% of the clerics manapool once he is oom from healing me. Our aggro is extreme if you play your beastlord for full dps on pre endgame tanks, our dps might seem nice from a knight point of view but is very bad for a so called dps class (last night i was happy about discing 250 dps til i saw the ranger next to me doing 550).

There are some nice suggestions about what could be done with the bst class in the "not a rant" thread in the campfire.

Its evident however that something needs to be done, the number of beastlords sitting lfg is very high and that includes highend equipped ones. Theres a reason that more and more of them box theire own support group to be able to xp or farm stuff. On raids we are nearly useless at the moment, all we are there for is sd and paragon and that can be bottet rather easily.

The spells in OoW are just the last point in a chain of bad decisions, they are basicly useless except for the new pets, pet proc and haste. The beastlords in my guild have agreed not to ask for any lvl 70 rune (we get about 10 to 12 per raid) til they rot.

Zyvox.

46 hps 16 atk in the SV line.   The new focus... its nice but still leave us less than focus.  68 spells are nice, I see the upgrade there.  SA.... 1 hp/1mana increase for a level 69 spell....  I do jsut fine in OoW groups, I am no accessed to time, or time geared, and I fill a nice niche even in MPG groups, but, the spells we get are horribly dissapointing.  and we do seem to have quite a bit of fall off in our progression.  I am not all doom and gloom about us, but it would be nice to address a few of these before it becomes worse.

Oneiromancer

I'm looking forward to the 68 spells and that's about it.  Have Growl already, and will buy the other two if I don't have them by the time I hit 68.  The new pet and the pet stun up to level 70 is just too good to pass up...besides that though, /shrug.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Fionnah

Well, for those of us without GoD spells, there are a few spells that are nice (new focus is nice... nukes are a very nice addition), but other than that... yeah, 10hp/mana SD?  

Yeah, I have to say that I'll wait until runes are rotting for some of these spells.... probably a LOT of them.  New pet = good.  New Nukes = good.  New disease dot = wait until they're rotting, new Spiritual spell = wait until it's rotting.

Too many of our spells are 10% upgrades to the old versions when we're fighting mobs that are 50% harder... it's almost not even worth the effort at this point to get many of the new spells.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Grymlok

Heh, what do the GoD spells do anymore?  Every single one of them gets replaced with OoW.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Shadowpaw

Quote- something adressed about our ability to slow in Oow, if not, then our dps. Atm we cant slow well enough to be taken over a shaman / chanter and we cant do enough dps to be taken over a pure dps class. I dont want to do as good a job as them, I just want to be considered worth putting in a group

You're crazy. I have no problem slowing anything in Oow. I've never had a shaman taken over me for picking groups, nor have I ever had anyone say anything about my ability to slow. This is really doesn't belong on the top 10. There are so many better things for the dev team to address than the whinings of players who are unable to accept how to play their class or the fact that their class will never be #1 in every area of the game. We own on Shaman up and down the alley and they know it.
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar